Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Laurent Garnier @ Shine - Friday, November 16th

Guest Major

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Shamanah

I attest to that! Amazing evening, with a great vibe and energy...Thanks to Shine and Laurent for a great night and experience. much love, always, 8

Guest MissDigital

apart from Desyn that was the best set ive heard at shine !!!!

the guy is animal!!!!!! i hope its not another billion years before we see him in miami again!!!!

he played every type of dance music genre there is and he did it flawlessly

Guest RzO

+1

Desyn @ shine was one of the best sets i have ever heard in my life. This one was definitely in the same boat. Didn't know what to expect with Laurent though and i was amazed to say the least.

Guest mbongiovi

Sounds like I missed a good one, hopefully he will return soon so I can experience what you all are talking about.

How long did he play for?

Guest djjoncowan

the guy is animal!!!!!! i hope its not another billion years before we see him in miami again!!!!

he played every type of dance music genre there is and he did it flawlessly

agreed that desyn was good but Laurent??? he is on a different level all too his own.. he is officially my favorite DJ on the planet. The man is amazing. it is really hard to impress me, in fact I can't remember the last DJ too thoroughly impress me, but friday I was blown away. his skill are second too none, his music is insane - he played everything from house, to techno, to progressive, to drum and base and even ended with a half hour of dubby reggae. he wanted to play from start to finish and boy did he. he brought two cases of vinyl, thats right vinyl - and I watched him consistantly use 3 decks or cdjs at once and made our pioneer effects unit do things i never knew possible. he also told me at the end of night that he was totally impressed with the energy miami had and that it was by far his best show of his US tour - we have already confirmed him to come back to shine sometime early next year so if you missed him - DO NOT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE twice.... to everyone who came - thankyou and too Laurent - You blew me away and are one of the classiest and nicest guys I have ever met in this business - thanks again guys

Jon

Guest mbongiovi
agreed that desyn was good but Laurent??? he is on a different level all too his own.. he is officially my favorite DJ on the planet. The man is amazing. it is really hard to impress me, in fact I can't remember the last DJ too thoroughly impress me, but friday I was blown away. his skill are second too none, his music is insane - he played everything from house, to techno, to progressive, to drum and base and even ended with a half hour of dubby reggae. he wanted to play from start to finish and boy did he. he brought two cases of vinyl, thats right vinyl - and I watched him consistantly use 3 decks or cdjs at once and made our pioneer effects unit do things i never knew possible. he also told me at the end of night that he was totally impressed with the energy miami had and that it was by far his best show of his US tour - we have already confirmed him to come back to shine sometime early next year so if you missed him - DO NOT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE twice.... to everyone who came - thankyou and too Laurent - You blew me away and are one of the classiest and nicest guys I have ever met in this business - thanks again guys

Jon

Great to hear he will be coming back, I will def. try my best not to miss him again.

Guest djjoncowan
Sounds like I missed a good one, hopefully he will return soon so I can experience what you all are talking about.

How long did he play for?

10:30 until 5:45

Guest DB-CMG

i left at 4:45 and now I feel like I missed a lot...

thats how good laurent was...

will be back for another one when the time comes...

Guest djjoncowan
i left at 4:45 and now I feel like I missed a lot...

thats how good laurent was...

will be back for another one when the time comes...

you missed the dubby reggae with laurent working the eq's and effects unit and one of the coolest thing i've ever seen out.... at one point laurent actually put vinyl on both decks and a cd in, all reggae (at least I think) - he mixed a cd and one record in together and then actually played a beat on the 2nd deck by tapping his finger on the vinyl....he finally went all the way down to just his finger beat tweaked with the pioneer 1000 effects.... not sure if anyone really noticed but me as it was at the very end but WOW

Guest Philip

it all came together for another great night at Shine. alot of familiar faces, great tunes, amazing venue. thanks Jon for throwing another quality event!

Guest thelurker

Laurent took me on a journey friday night. This night ties for the best music of the year along w/ Tenglia @ the warehouse. Talk about two DJs that "get it", they dont just play records they create a a musical experience.

Guest djjoncowan
Laurent took me on a journey friday night. This night ties for the best music of the year along w/ Tenglia @ the warehouse. Talk about two DJs that "get it", they dont just play records they create a a musical experience.

the more I think about Laurent the more impressed I get. he took on us every top dj's journey there was the hour of frankie knuckles like house, the few hours of tenaglia tribal funk, the hour of sasha/diggers progness, the Burridge tech madness, the holden or hawtin like techno, the diselboy drum and base, back into the deep prog funk and ending with dubby reggae and some how it al worked.... I can't stop thinking about it... Again, I know a lot of you really didn't know what to expect and you trusted us.. thanks for the support.. hope to see you wed for AME and dixon dec 8th for pil K and Layo and Bushwacka and then dec 15th for mark farina - hope you enjoyed friday miami - I know i did and even more importantly, Laurent did....:)

Guest ramon

had an absolutely amazing time. it was a pleasure to meet the man behind the red face as well. thanks jon. :)

he played another 8 hours in LA last night and they said it was fantastic ;)

check out Laurent's recent beatinspace.net guest mix its fuckin good!

Guest djjoncowan
had an absolutely amazing time. it was a pleasure to meet the man behind the red face as well. thanks jon. :)

he played another 8 hours in LA last night and they said it was fantastic ;)

check out Laurent's recent beatinspace.net guest mix its fuckin good!

Laurent is fucking good... thanks for the support Ramon... good to hang out with you... Loved the enthusiasm we saw from Laurent upstairs when he was just in prep mode... pure love of all music... good too see that still exists for someone like him and its his passion.... really comes out when he's behind the decks...

Guest RzO

Simply the best mix of music I have ever heard, really eclectic stuff going on there. Thinking back i wish i had some videos of that section from 2-4 when he was going from prog to tech and back around. The beginning was so well built that there was no definitive transition, the music really took control.

Thank god he is coming back, he needs to be here as often as he can. That was a real treat to hear. Was nice to watch him work, he has such great enthusiasm for the music.

Guest knebula

what a great weekend for music lovers

laurent-touched all logical senses in my brain/simply phenomenal

lee-never a dull moment with him

michael louis + Gabriel alexander - two of miami's most hidden talents

Oscar g- space will always be space/good ol miami fun

who needs recovery?!

Guest lulamishka

I'm SO glad I made it out to this! :cool:

No bad ankle of mine was gonna stop me from showing up to this! I only wish I could have danced.

I can't wait for him to come back. He is one DJ NOT to be missed!