Clubplanet Nightlife Community

American Gangster

Guest yume

Guest yume

icon14.gificon14.gif

Good flick. I like that they curbed the use of violence. Kinda like they did in the Godfather movies. The movie didn't revolve around it. But when violence showed itself, it was good.

Shit was based on a true story too. That makes it even better.

Guest cire

I got a little scared when I saw that it was over 2 1/2 hours long. Went to see it Saturday and was well worth the $7.50. The movie moved along great, and did not drag like so many long movies tend to do. I thought it was damn good and give it an A-. I wish they would have shown real pictures of the guy at the end, and maybe told what exactly he does now.

Good movie though.

Guest thelurker
for those of you who are interested; you can periodically see this flick on www.redcurtainmovies.com. it is really good quality, and i saw if three days before it even hit theatres!

What the heck is Red Curtain movies? And how is this website even legal?

Guest MayLing

saw it the wkend that it came out and i loved it. denzel is the man! the movie was def. a 9 for me.

the story of Frank Lucas really is amazing, they have a special on it where the real Frank Lucas was interviewed and he pretty much narrates the events in the movie as they happened to him in real life. the man is 70ish and in a wheelchair.

Guest Mattivi

its a website, that plays full length DIVX movies. american gangster was on there the last few days now its down, but im sure it will be back up in a few days. i dont know how its legal, all i know is that i saved $9! jorge its not hard, just click the link.

Guest ICON

Saw it last night and LOVED it... Like cire said, I wish at the end they would have shown some real images and let us know what the dude is doing nowadays! This has been my fav flick of the year.

Guest ALKI
Didn't like it.

RU SERIOUS!!!! Come on Josh!!!!

Movie was awesome!!!! I cant beleive the man took it in his own hands to go get the dope, found a way to bring it back, cut it and sell it for half the price of the shit on the streets......and his shit was stronger........the man made a monopoly out of dope!!! legend...

Guest swirlundergrounder
WTF?? They had 3:10 to Yuma on there even... LOL

Guest xbbdc

great fckin movie!!! when dude shot him in the middle of the street in front of everyone!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Lucas_%28drug_lord%29

"In 1976, he was sentenced to 70 years in prison. Once convicted, Lucas provided evidence that led to the convictions of more than 100 drug-related criminals. His sentence was reduced and changed to parole, so that he was released from prison in 1981. In 1984 he was arrested again and convicted for new drug violations and a parole violation. He received a sentence of seven years and was released from prison in 1991."

http://nymag.com/guides/money/2007/39948/

interview with frank lucas and nicky barnes (cuba gooding jr's character)

Guest irishboy

good film,but disappointed overall. Did not live up to the hype.I know its a true story but i did not like the way Crowe and Denzel only interact when the plot is almost fully played out,i would have enjoyed a bit more of cat and mouse type chase.

Also it seemed a tiny bit by the numbers,Denzel seemed to rise to power quite easy and be taken down quite easily.

Overall a good film but in the context of top gangster flicks i was a little let down.7.5/10

• 2 weeks later...

great file finally saw it... denzel was a twisted fuck... his performance was fantastic.... i love the part he puts a hole in the guys head in the middle of harlem goes back to the diner and says "what? and continues to eat with his brothers LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Guest Devilicious

Great movie! Overall gets an A

I wouldn't have chosen Russel Crowe. I think he comes off very weak at times. Denzel is an A+