Clubplanet Nightlife Community

cooljunkie & futuremob pres Richie Hawtin @ PawnShop | 12.14.07 | 18+

Guest ramon

Why are the tickets limited?

To make it fair to everyone to have a chance at getting in we will cap online sales to allow for others to purchase at the door, however, we STRONGLY suggest you get your presales OR arrive early to avoid lines and crowds.

You don't honestly think people will fall for that? The truth is this, you guys will sell as many online tix as you can. The only reason a club caps online tix is so that they can surcharge those at the door who didn't buy tix. However in this case a tix online is going for $28, you are near your theoretical limit of $30 at the door. Ergo, you'll sell as many tix as you possibly can online. If Demand is strong (and I think it's not at this point by your guys posts) you would have moved the price to 30 bucks online..

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JustDade
fun fact of the day:

It's Richie's first time playing Miami outside of WMC. The last time he played in South Florida was in 1996 in Ft. Lauderdale - alongside a guy named Stryke, maybe you've heard of him too.

Actually.....Not a fact at all. Richie did a "Plasticman" show at Shadow Lounge for me after that.

Guest tekniQz
Actually.....Not a fact at all. Richie did a "Plasticman" show at Shadow Lounge for me after that.

:)LOL

Glad you pointed that one out.

Regardless this party will be great.I'm so looking forward to this set.That I've been intentionally depriving myself of listening to Ritchie Hawtin sets for the last 2 weeks.

LOL

Can't wait!

Guest thelurker
You don't honestly think people will fall for that? The truth is this, you guys will sell as many online tix as you can. The only reason a club caps online tix is so that they can surcharge those at the door who didn't buy tix. However in this case a tix online is going for $28, you are near your theoretical limit of $30 at the door. Ergo, you'll sell as many tix as you possibly can online. If Demand is strong (and I think it's not at this point by your guys posts) you would have moved the price to 30 bucks online..

I hate to agree w/ you but this is completely true.

Guest Philip
I hate to agree w/ you but this is completely true.

yep

Guest T.M.

Will someone get this guy a tampon? Thx.

Guest future

Plastikman, yep.

I actually remember that being promoted. Respect for those Shadow Days Dade, it was a special time. That point of info came from one in our crew whom was told that by Richie personally. We hope to have you at this event, being that you've done so much for exposing electronic talent to Miami for so long.

Someone mentioned something about demand?

There seems to be "possibly intentional" negative speculation on here for quite some time guys, people are not buying into it. They're actually buying tickets instead, just ask the 350+ people who have purchased theirs and are coming to have a great time this Friday.

Why we don't raise the price to $30 online - you ask?

To keep the show approachable and affordable to all, it's that simple. Most of my WMC shows don't even see covers above $30. Your interpretation of club economics simply does not apply - this is not a clubnight, it is a music event - and its for EVERYONE, even the 18+ people, even the music nerds (who'll be dancing among plenty of girls) - we mean EVERYONE, and we definitely mean it when we say we do it for the people.

Even those of you who may not be into the sound, we promise you this will be quite the experience.

See you guys on Friday.

--

Guest tekniQz
Plastikman, yep.

I actually remember that being promoted. Respect for those Shadow Days Dade, it was a special time. That point of info came from one in our crew whom was told that by Richie personally. We hope to have you at this event, being that you've done so much for exposing electronic talent to Miami for so long.

There seems to be "possibly intentional" negative speculation on here for quite some time guys, people are not buying into it. They're actually buying tickets instead, just ask the 350+ people who have purchased theirs and are coming to have a great time this Friday.

To keep the show approachable and affordable to all, it's that simple. Most of my WMC shows don't even see covers above $30. Your interpretation of club economics simply does not apply - this is not a clubnight, it is a music event - and its for EVERYONE, even the 18+ people, even the music nerds (who'll be dancing among plenty of girls) - we mean EVERYONE, and we definitely mean it when we say we do it for the people.

Even those of you who may not be into the sound, we promise you this will be quite the experience.

See you guys on Friday.

--

Sunday School for Degenerates was 30.

So were most of the MADE events.

Unless im incorrect.

Who cares lets party!!!!!

The countdown is at 2 days and counting!!!!!

Big thanks for bringing in the MAN,WMC or NO WMC!!

Guest ramon
Sunday School for Degenerates was 30.

So were most of the MADE events.

Unless im incorrect.

Who cares lets party!!!!!

The countdown is at 2 days and counting!!!!!

2 days indeed.

Guest musicalmissionary

I seriously can't fuckin wait for this... takin the whole day off Friday to be well rested and ready to dance Friday night.

Guest EL Gato

The big club mafia in this town just doesn't want anybody else to have a piece of the pie,regardless of how small that is.You guys are creeping up in here and you have great taste in music and a far better product,hence all the attempts to screw your party up.What goes around comes around and the end is near for all those assholes.VIVA RICHIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest JustDade
Plastikman, yep.

See you guys on Friday.

--

The thing about it was that I had no idea who he was at the time. Someone who worked for me suggested we do it and I went along. The cool thing about it was that we could do anything we wanted and our regulars would show up. He actually wound up playing for a crowd of George Acosta fans that night.

I appreciate the invite but I will not be able to attend. I have a previous obligation. Also, I can't go to 18+ events anymore.......it just makes me feel really old.

Guest biznation00

I think there will be all sorts of peepz out for this... not to mention, the fact that it gives the next clubbing generation exposure to a proper electronic event, makes it even better. Aside from the internet, your occasional rave &/or festival, EDM isn't very accessible to peepz under 21. Besides, one should go to a Richie Hawtin event to dance... not to be seen!

I think I'll spend a little more than an hour there. Maybe 6! :)

Keep up the good work guys. Miami needs to be fed!

Biz Martinez

Guest armand1210

The Biz has spoken ! Always like the true gentleman that he is.

And on that note, it's on ! Down to a very few tickets at the Grooveman Shop, get 'em while you still can.

1543 Washington Ave.

South Beach

305 535 6257