Clubplanet Nightlife Community

cooljunkie & futuremob pres Richie Hawtin @ PawnShop | 12.14.07 | 18+

Guest ramon

Guest JustDade

How about an actual review?

Was it packed? Was Barbarino right or wrong....total attendance? What time did Richie go on? How was Stryke? Did Ramon pee his pants? Girls? Did it go past 5am? Was Pod there? Any pics?

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest AlanS

It was packed to the rafters! I'd say 1000+ wouldn't be out of the question.

I got there early, 11ish, to listen to Greg open. The most energy I've seen him put into a set recently, he had a hell of a good time up there! Played plenty of his new music that sound absolutely amazing on the dynacord rig.

Paul Rich came on at 1ish, straight up Berlin style minimal, sequenced live. Perfect set up for Richie who did, well, what Richie does. As soon as I walked into the room and saw everthing that went into the production of the night, I said Richie is going to destory this room and that he did. Straight up banging beats and effects, big room vibe. The new dubfire rework of spastik sounded great. Even a flashback from the NYC gig earlier this year, when DT showed up in the booth.

I left around 6, Rich was still on getting a little deeper and eclectic, quite a crowd still going. Plently of chics, all night. I don't know where you guys get this chics don't like techno BS.. lol And yes, I saw Pod there with camera in hand.

Greaty vibe and crowd, def one hell of a party! I'll try to post a couple pics in a bit, think I got a couple decent ones.

Guest ramon

I almost peed my pants when Richie played Ito & Star - Sudoko Kid on Leftroom Limited. It sounded absolutely fuckin immmense in that rooom. I'll put up a video soon.

Guest PawnshopLounge

Huge thanks goes out to Diego and the FutureMob crew and everyone at Track Entertainment. They put on a first rate production and I couldn't be more pleased with the turnout. It's nice to see dedicated professionals still exist in this city. Pawn Shops doors are open to you all anytime. On behalf of myself and staff, thank you.

-Paul Brown

-Operating Partner

Guest deprivation

Lots of fun and nice layout of the club with the sound and visuals. Paul Ritch played a great set and Richie was great too what I saw. I didn't stay that long as I was tired from another party earlier that night.

Hopefully, we'll see more big techno DJs come through Miami.

Guest MichaelMnML

it had felt like i hadnt been out in a few good months with all the crap ive been doing lately, so thanks to future mob and pawn shop for bringing my favortie producer in Paul Ritch, he was clean as fuck, and hawtin was a great time, that guy is a robot....

on top of the quality music, the night was very well run, and everyone substantial in this business and city was there sharing drinks and laughs....it was great to be a part of that...

miami can handle quality techno, as we all have thought but now know....

see you guys next time....

michael

(hypno-traxx, miami-chicago)

Guest NicoleC

Amazing party!

Hopefully we have proven to Pawn Shop that we can carry an event like that outside of conference. Even with the 11th street district dong its best to try to draw over the EDM fans.

Guest future_mob

Thank you to everyone for the kind words, e-mails, calls and praise..

In turn we'd like to say Thank you to everyone that supported and helped make this possible. This was among the most important events FM has produced to date.

first, to everyone who attended and danced past 7 am on saturday morning.. this was for you.

second, to a dedicated group of individuals who put countless hours of labor into this project. This collective shares a distinct vision and love for music: Jay, Mel, Ramon, Armando, Tony, Tomas, Tato, Carlos and Marcos.

third, massive gratitude + respect to the following for their support and/or involvement: Bill Wilson, Cooljunkie: Isabel, Dan & Jipsy, Electronic Groove: Chris & Mauricio, Dynacord, Jeff Taylor, Pawn Shop: Paul, Ben, Kurt, Brando, Darwin + Team, Brian Gallant from Big Audio, Harold Cummings of Drummer Boy Sound, JC, Jaime, Carlos, Aubrey, Nicole Chipi, Benjamin, Rebeca and Natalia.

fourth, to everyone that did not want this to happen for their own reasons and those who doubted in us and in Miami. You helped fuel us.

last but not certainly not least, to Richie, Stryke and Paul for an inspiring experience and their incredible art.. guys like these are the one that give this world dimension through their music..

we continue doing our best to help shape the future of Miami's electronic music culture and beyond.. one mind at a time, one event at a time.. with every record..

thank you all, again.

Wishing you all the best during these holidays and in the new year,

The Mob

Guest future
Amazing party!

Hopefully we have proven to Pawn Shop that we can carry an event like that outside of conference. Even with the 11th street district dong its best to try to draw over the EDM fans.

Nicole,

Thank you for the kind words, but...

Respectfully, there was nothing to prove to Pawn Shop. As a matter of fact, they were more excited about doing this event than any other venue in Miami could. It took a whole 10 second phone call in October for them to say they loved the idea of me bringing Richie to back to their venue. Both managers are huge fans of the music and of Richie since his early works, you should not make these assumptions but rather thank them and buy them a drink next time you see them :) because they also were incredibly cooperative and supportive in making this work for you and everyone else. Please also understand the clear differences that exist in the roles of music event organizers and a given venue's in-house event direction. Clubs are businesses and they have to market themselves accordingly to market trends and responses, it's not that they don't care about our music. Pawn as the venue host, was simply stellar - they took a risk on me and with me, like true champs.

The only people that something was probably proven to was to ourselves and Miami at large.

This event had little to do with clubs.

Just ask anyone who worked on it for the last two months.. they are the ones who brought upon 'the proof' for you to enjoy.

Guest e360

great party and vibe, even saw Danny T chillin hanging out. However, not the best set from Hawtin. I do remember him train wreckin several times....

Guest NicoleC

Quote:

Originally Posted by NicoleC

Amazing party!

Nicole,

Thank you for the kind words, but...

Respectfully, there was nothing to prove to Pawn Shop. As a matter of fact, they were more excited about doing this event than any other venue in Miami could. It took a whole 10 second phone call in October for them to say they loved the idea of me bringing Richie to back to their venue. Both managers are huge fans of the music and of Richie since his early works, you should not make these assumptions but rather thank them and buy them a drink next time you see them :) because they also were incredibly cooperative and supportive in making this work for you and everyone else. Please also understand the clear differences that exist in the roles of music event organizers and a given venue's in-house event direction. Clubs are businesses and they have to market themselves accordingly to market trends and responses, it's not that they don't care about our music. Pawn as the venue host, was simply stellar - they took a risk on me and with me, like true champs.

The only people that something was probably proven to was to ourselves and Miami at large.

This event had little to do with clubs.

Just ask anyone who worked on it for the last two months.. they are the ones who brought upon 'the proof' for you to enjoy.

I actually meant my comment in the most positive way possible. Ask anyone that ran into me both before and after Friday night - I couldn't stop raving (no pun intended) about how great this party was and how hopefully it means we can have bigger and better events outside of WMC.

Although my initial comment was brief, in my head, I actually meant we have proven to venues like Pawn Shop that we can do this. Not just as a specific promotion group or a specific venue, but as a whole - the EDM community, the club-goers, the partiers, etc. Of course I understand that the clubs are a business which is why I feel it is important to prove to them that someone can bring in DJ's like Richie and modify the set-up and the sound system and make things work. A business model is a business model and more people might be willing to take a risk if it isn't so risky. But the fact is that I don't need to be educated on the different roles of the business side of things. I just want good parties to happen. I want the younger generation to be introduced to the music that I grew up with. I don't care who throws the parties or about any of the behind the scenes stuff at this point because I want to be able to go, have a good time, and for others to do the same.

Besides, it seems as if there are a lot more of us who "worked" to make this happen as well. Word of mouth is a powerful tool.... almost everyone I told to go not only purchased a ticket and brought all their friends, but were drinking it up as well. I had a great time, but should I even jokingly be told to buy Pawn Shop a drink because I attended a great party? Really?

Wow....

P.S. Thank you for everyone who helped make this party happen. I know there were some disbelievers, but there were many many people that did what they could to make this party a good one.

Guest musicalmissionary

I must say that this was easily one of THEE best non-conference parties I have been to in my 5+ years in Miami. Every element of it was top-notch. If you couldn't handle the packed main room, the back room had room to move and sit and did not compromise sound or sight. There was plenty of mingling at the bars... plenty of hot chicks... and lots of cool peeople to meet and party with.

I won't even comment on the music other than to say it was RIDICULOUS!!

I hope there is more to come...

Guest Krazyjuice

I got a little handout from Electronic Groove saying the podcast from the party will be available on their site. Anybody know the release date on that??