Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I am calling out louis puig

Guest DJZane

Guest MichaelMnML

i give an "F" for effort....do you get many of those in high school still?

who taught this kid how to market himself? i call out louis puig? what is this a breakdancing competition?

how about this, i call out zane to show some respect and put in some work before he "calls out" anyone above his age....

arragance about one's own specific talent would not get you in the door at LB or Blue, those being the "minor leagues" as far as venues but everyone involved is still a pro....

by the way a good mix is so much easier to find than a good dj....

Guest DeepHouseMan

Talking about youngins, what ever happend to DJ Little Monster?

I saw him spin at Crobar's Back Door Bamby party back in 2003 for his "9th birthday".

That little kid tore shit up! I couldn't beleive what I saw or heard. Funny thing was how they brought a little platform so the kid could reach the top of the booth.

Guest Haelo
Talking about youngins, what ever happend to DJ Little Monster?

I saw him spin at Crobar's Back Door Bamby party back in 2003 for his "9th birthday".

That little kid tore shit up! I couldn't beleive what I saw or heard. Funny thing was how they brought a little platform so the kid could reach the top of the booth.

I was about to say the same thing.

Guest Untouchable Chino

..Zane, I have never met you and I have never heard you spin..so I am not one to judge your talent.. but one thing I can say is..

YOU ARE TOTALLY GOING ABOUT THINGS THE WRONG WAY..

like many CJ'ers have said in prior post..you have to earn your stripes and work your way up..there is alot of people in this board who can know a little about deejays working there way up

DADE can be considered one of/if not the person who started this whole EDM movement back in the 90's with Shadow Lounge, when such parties as the MIX and KIT KAT took off and afterhours was something unheard of..but some of those big names deejays you hear now, he was the first to take a chance on them and bring that talent to us.. but guess what..all those deejays started off just like you did..

JON is someone I can say I have never met personally, but just like DADE, he is one of the first people to bring that EDM movement to South Florida and until this day both of them remain well respected and well known industry people..So when they both tell you that you have to earn your stripes, earn the respect of your peers, and work your way up..dont take it the wrong way, but listen..

I remember when I started promoting..I used to make $50.00 a night for handing out flyers to people coming out of PARAGON [mind you the place doesnt even exist anymore]..but it was people's advice, me willing to listen, and putting hard work into making something of myself..

Look, I know you are young..so this is probably the best advice I can give you:

- keep practicing and getting better

- work on producing your music

- start at house parties and build a following

- once you have built your following move on to the next step:

- start doing all ages events at clubs..but realize that you will be doing this for a few years

- after a few years..if you have put the time and paid your dues..you will move up to 18 and then to 21 and over..

- know that being successful doesnt mean getting paid but getting recognition amongst those in the industry.. you will have to sacrifice yourself a little..and might have to open up for someone until your time comes to shine..

with those things said..i wish you nothing but success..dont take people's criticism the wrong way..but learn from it.. perfection takes time..and time is something we have alot of..

Guest pod

I travel and there's always something. God, can't you people stay in line, or do you need constant adult supervision. I'm tempted to shut down the forums when I'm out of range.

Chino summed up what I was gonna say.

Anyways, let me clear my desk, get some sleep, all that fun stuff.

The beatings resume this afternoon. Hope you guys enjoyed the furlough.

Guest FRESHMAN

Zane, you are out of line.

Your online promotional skills and options have run dry.

It is now time for you to stop playing your age/sympathy card and start doing some hard work like everyone else. Plus if this ended up working out for you, do you have any idea how much shit you would get....Oh thats the kid that begged Louis for a job like a little bitch and so on. Is that really what you want, stop trying to take shortcuts.

You were doing great for a while on here, now you are really losing respect.

I suggest that you re-evaluate your current situation and make a new game plan, this is NOT working for you.

Guest RzO

well said Chino.

This game is one of the hardest to move up and stay successful in. All of the dj's who are doing big things started out in their bedroom like you did. Gigs will come with time, proper marketing and persistence. Space is a long shot away, you are talking about the best club in the country and a worldwide status symbol.

The most important thing in this day when everyone on the block wants to be a dj is produce, produce, produce. With out your own tracks being signed and played there is no way to break into an already saturated market.

Good luck though, keep at it.

Guest JMT
i want you to read this and to contact me listen to this mix and tell me its not good and that how about that on the patio ripping it up

the only thing getting ripped up if you go to space will be your fake ID.

Guest Blackiechan76

I hope that all this constructive criticism is making him work harder:) Most certainly fuel his drive and commitment to what he loves most, which is music. So, maybe his approach is a bit brash, unorthodox, irresponsible or even reckless. Eventually he'll figure out what works and what doesn't. We'll see if it did or not in a 5-6 years...

Nonetheless, don't you guys and gals remember when you were 16 years old? I thought I was the shit until a few situations put in me in my place.

Guest Dj TANTRA
i want you to read this and to contact me listen to this mix and tell me its not good and that how about that on the patio ripping it up

http://download.yousendit.com/0F90D4EA1317C70D

Before the music you have to be able to approach and treat people right. Especially your friends and those who tried to help you that you forgot about, brother. Live your life but its a small world. You never know who you will run into or when you'll need that very person you treated badly. "Chance favors the prepared mind.":cool: