Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Reflections of Art Basel

Guest coach

Guest coach

Speaking of threads that no one cares about...

I got the galleries up for Art Basel. They are rough and unedited, but I knew that if I didn't get them up fast, I never would. Had an amazing time. Walked my feet off. Art Basel is so good for Miami.

Anyway, for those 3 interested, here it is

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=33701&g2_serialNumber=1

Guest coach
i have to ask, where & what was this?

LUMINARIUM

This was easily the coolest thing we did. It was basically a large blowup interactive art structure. I was made from thin, colored vinyl or plastic. Different pieces would be colored differently, creating rooms or swatches of color on the inside. The shapes of the rooms, corridors and cubby-holes interacted with the colors to create a very unusual experience. It was rather large. You took your shoes off and walked through it. Or you could sit/lay down and relax. They had melodies running through it to enhance the experience. We stayed inside for an hour and it felt like no time. It is really hard to explain, but from what I saw, everyone had the same reaction. As soon as you walked into the first room you were like "Whoa!" Everyone I saw did a double-take, including myself, when they first walked in. It is so much cooler than you can even imagine that you are just struck by it as soon as you enter. It was at the Flamingo on South Beach.