Clubplanet Nightlife Community

CJ Moderators Needed!

Guest DaVe

Guest DaVe

Hey all,

We're looking for a few new moderators to help out with the message boards. Feel free to pick a specific section that you're interested in, or let me know if you don't have any preference. Send me a PM or reply to this post.

If you have any suggestions, let me know too.

Thanks.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Buck White

Does it pay well ? Because I can moderate,hallucinate, liberate, try not hate, love your own mate, (pause)........illustrate, fornicate, try not to wait, congregate, illuminate, science-tate, (echoes) science-tate, science-tate, science-tate. ( saxophone )

Shit, I'm going to have to go get my old INXS record out of storage, soon.

Guest LeVeL
Hey all,

We're looking for a few new moderators to help out with the message boards. Feel free to pick a specific section that you're interested in, or let me know if you don't have any preference. Send me a PM or reply to this post.

If you have any suggestions, let me know too.

Thanks.

I dont see any of us old school junkies wanting to replace Pod as a moderator. The fact is that cooljunkie has been slowly sinking in the past weeks, the ones saving this sinking ship have been the ones who have been here from the beginning supporting this site. If your wishing to recreate what you did on CP then go ahead, those tactics worked very well overthere, which is why a lot of those members came to cooljunkie to begin with. I for one never became CP member but I think we all overhere would like to knopw what you guys have in store for the site, what are you going to do differently?

I would suggest you do the cooljunkie spin off as a starter for next year. I would suggest you bring back Pod, maybe not as a moderator but as a contributor. I would suggest that you see yourself out of moderating the site because obviously most of us dont like you or that Aurelia chick. You guys are Nuyorkers who dont have inner-sense of the daily nightlife happening around here anyways so its useless to even post on the Miami board.

I dont see any of us old school junkies wanting to replace Pod as a moderator. The fact is that cooljunkie has been slowly sinking in the past weeks, the ones saving this sinking ship have been the ones who have been here from the beginning supporting this site. If your wishing to recreate what you did on CP then go ahead, those tactics worked very well overthere, which is why a lot of those members came to cooljunkie to begin with. I for one never became CP member but I think we all overhere would like to knopw what you guys have in store for the site, what are you going to do differently?

I would suggest you do the cooljunkie spin off as a starter for next year. I would suggest you bring back Pod, maybe not as a moderator but as a contributor. I would suggest that you see yourself out of moderating the site because obviously most of us dont like you or that Aurelia chick. You guys are Nuyorkers who dont have inner-sense of the daily nightlife happening around here anyways so its useless to even post on the Miami board.

u know the board has gone to the dogs when i agree with everything level says here :eek:

Guest DaVe

We have no desire to recreate, mimic or copy CP here. Cooljunkie is its own entity - unique and distinct. The reason we posted this thread in the first place was to try and find people who wanted to participate and make a difference. This is a community about Miami nightlife and dance music and we have no intention of changing that.

I do not expect to post much on the Miami board for exactly the reasons you mention (except for the fact that I do not think that most people don't like me), but do plan to help bring new features and functions to the site. We are looking for some people in the CJ community to step up and help - whether they be old school junkies or new members wishing to participate.

Guest coach
A bad idea to post a thread asking for moderators? Please explain.

Hmmm... more free advice? Aight, last freebie, then I start billing.

There are several issues, all kind of interrelated. I think the primary issue is that it shows how astoundingly out of touch you are with your community. Let me try to elaborate.

First, most of us know the other mods personally. So, when you post something like this, we know why you need them. You just open yourself (by that, I meant the company) up to more ridicule.

Secondly, this is proof positive of how out of touch you are with the Miami crowd. The previous Cooljunkie moderators were all hand-picked by people at the company who knew them personally and knew they would make quality additions. If your company was involved in the scene down here, you would not have to make a blanket request. You would know people who you could recruit privately.

Related to the above, it looks desperate. You are basically saying that you could not find anybody by more personal and professional methods, so you are just throwing it out there in hopes that somebody will respond.

Peole who *want* to be in charge are usually the ones that should *never* be in charge, so you are automatically recruiting the wrong type of people for the job by requesting that they contact you. Buck White would think "Hey! I really want to bust that coach dude for always picking on me!" So, he applies for all the wrong reasons (well, those might be the right reasons in some people's eyes).

Related to that, how are you going to vet them? I mean, say you do get a bunch of responses, how are you going to tell which one would actually make a decent mod?

What happens if you get no responses and add no new mods? Then we all see how bad things have gotten that you could not get anyone.

--

So, yeah, I understand that you need mods before you have time to take a trip down here and start meeting people. You need mods now. What should you do? The best procedure would have been to cull the posts. Read through them ALL. See who posts cogently and usually positively. See who seems to be mature vs who is always in flame wars. Then contact them personally and privately. Point out that you think they are having a positive impact on our scene, and ask them if they would like to do more.

In addition, you can ask what people you do know down here for recommendations. I know you have Diego and Isabella in town. Do they know anyone, personally? Maybe they know someone who knows someone. You could ask all the ex-mods, if you are still on good terms with them. You could ask your advertisers. Anybody that you know down here may know someone who would be a good addition.

Well, there's my input. As always, money back guarantee. But, until you admit how really out of touch you are, I think you guys will continue to make costly blunders. There is no shame in not knowing anything about a city you don't live in. It is normal. There is shame in claiming that you do when you don't. Once you know what you don't know, then you can actually proceed forward with plans to learn what you need to, but until you understand your limitations, you cannot work to fix them. This is not true of just you, Dave, but of every person and every company.

Guest coach
coach regulating up in hereeee :werd:

Bling, you know better than that. I don't regulate, I coach. Hence the nickname (I did not pick it for myself). This happens to be one of my areas of expertise, which is why I can speak on it with some knowledge.

See, I don't have a beef with anybody. I have always been disappointed with the way Cooljunkie has been run since the beginning. The purchase by Track has not done anything to encourage me. I think it could be so much more, providing for much more expansion of our scene in Miami and creating much greater value for the stakeholders. I do not think it is too late to get the ship in order, but I have not seen that the heading has changed, yet.

Guest tijuanarave

The problem is that these new guys don't want to put in enought time to do things right. Just by what they are posting, they look like the typical great intentions no actions type of people.

Guest JustDade

There are several issues, all kind of interrelated. I think the primary issue is that it shows how astoundingly out of touch you are with your community. Let me try to elaborate.

First, most of us know the other mods personally. So, when you post something like this, we know why you need them. You just open yourself (by that, I meant the company) up to more ridicule.

Secondly, this is proof positive of how out of touch you are with the Miami crowd. The previous Cooljunkie moderators were all hand-picked by people at the company who knew them personally and knew they would make quality additions. If your company was involved in the scene down here, you would not have to make a blanket request. You would know people who you could recruit privately.

Related to the above, it looks desperate. You are basically saying that you could not find anybody by more personal and professional methods, so you are just throwing it out there in hopes that somebody will respond.

Peole who *want* to be in charge are usually the ones that should *never* be in charge, so you are automatically recruiting the wrong type of people for the job by requesting that they contact you. Buck White would think "Hey! I really want to bust that coach dude for always picking on me!" So, he applies for all the wrong reasons (well, those might be the right reasons in some people's eyes).

Related to that, how are you going to vet them? I mean, say you do get a bunch of responses, how are you going to tell which one would actually make a decent mod?

What happens if you get no responses and add no new mods? Then we all see how bad things have gotten that you could not get anyone.

--

So, yeah, I understand that you need mods before you have time to take a trip down here and start meeting people. You need mods now. What should you do? The best procedure would have been to cull the posts. Read through them ALL. See who posts cogently and usually positively. See who seems to be mature vs who is always in flame wars. Then contact them personally and privately. Point out that you think they are having a positive impact on our scene, and ask them if they would like to do more.

In addition, you can ask what people you do know down here for recommendations. I know you have Diego and Isabella in town. Do they know anyone, personally? Maybe they know someone who knows someone. You could ask all the ex-mods, if you are still on good terms with them. You could ask your advertisers. Anybody that you know down here may know someone who would be a good addition.

Well, there's my input. As always, money back guarantee. But, until you admit how really out of touch you are, I think you guys will continue to make costly blunders. There is no shame in not knowing anything about a city you don't live in. It is normal. There is shame in claiming that you do when you don't. Once you know what you don't know, then you can actually proceed forward with plans to learn what you need to, but until you understand your limitations, you cannot work to fix them. This is not true of just you, Dave, but of every person and every company.

I was planning to stay out of this one but when I read this post from Coach I just had to jump in and say this.........WOW!!!

I do not believe I have ever read anything as on-the-money as that on this sight. Coach, you're hired.

I will also say this......I like both DaVe and Lainie. I may have called DaVe an asshole in another thread when I thought he was being one but I think he's a good guy in general. He and Lainie have, at the very least, shown themselves to be concerned with and dedicated to the scene. I would call them believers.

Guest ICON

--

You guys are acting like a bunch of fucking panzies, crybabies, and little bitches.

Every website on this planet goes through transitions. Every website fires moderators every single day of the week.. In fact, over on my site, I just fired 3 of them because the mods were getting a litle too comfortable and were thinking their shit did not stink. We all know everybody loves POD, but let's face it.. something he did triggered this site to let him go. I dont know the details and I dont really give a fuck.. however, stop being so god damn closed minded about everything. Give the guy a fucking chance dude.

AND YES, DAVE HAS ADMITTED TO BEING OUT OF TOUCH WITH MIAMI.

The problem with people who dont have a fucking clue about running websites... If Dave were to ask a member if he/she was interested in being a moderator, then the person asked would think of $$$ - Sorry, moderators of websites dont get paid to moderate... It is for volunteers.. He is simply asking for volunteers.

So everybody.. take your fucking heads out of your ass and give them a little time to make adjustments... You people do realize that it is the Holiday and people dont have time to make a miracle over night.. people are trying to finish up last minute shopping, plans, etc.

The majority of the people on here have acting like 5 year old fucking babies... grow up people.

I also think that Coach is right on the money.

We have no desire to recreate, mimic or copy CP here. Cooljunkie is its own entity - unique and distinct. The reason we posted this thread in the first place was to try and find people who wanted to participate and make a difference.

Citing Coach's reasons as well, i'd like to add that using CP as a model with regards to what you want to achieve here is not a very good idea. The mod positions were given out indiscriminately and a few people were placed that a LOT of long time members were not happy with. It took WAY too long for these issues to be addressed and i would rather boycott this Forum than stick around to see something like that happen again. I asked to be removed as a mod, had my account deleted and i haven't been back in almost a year based on principle.

I may not live in Miami anymore but i still consider myself to be part of this community, i have much love for it. I'm more than willing to stick my neck out for the things i believe in and to support others that do as well.

That being said, i'll reiterate....i would sorely hate to see CJ go the way of CP.

You guys are acting like a bunch of fucking panzies, crybabies, and little bitches.

Every website on this planet goes through transitions. Every website fires moderators every single day of the week.. In fact, over on my site, I just fired 3 of them because the mods were getting a litle too comfortable and were thinking their shit did not stink. We all know everybody loves POD, but let's face it.. something he did triggered this site to let him go. I dont know the details and I dont really give a fuck.. however, stop being so god damn closed minded about everything. Give the guy a fucking chance dude.

AND YES, DAVE HAS ADMITTED TO BEING OUT OF TOUCH WITH MIAMI.

The problem with people who dont have a fucking clue about running websites... If Dave were to ask a member if he/she was interested in being a moderator, then the person asked would think of $$$ - Sorry, moderators of websites dont get paid to moderate... It is for volunteers.. He is simply asking for volunteers.

So everybody.. take your fucking heads out of your ass and give them a little time to make adjustments... You people do realize that it is the Holiday and people dont have time to make a miracle over night.. people are trying to finish up last minute shopping, plans, etc.

The majority of the people on here have acting like 5 year old fucking babies... grow up people.

Oh so just because someone volunteered to moderate they are automatically qualified? I'm sure there are plenty of egocentric people out there with superiority complexes that would jump at the chance for some virtual power trip, even for free.

From your post, i'd almost assume that you didn't read Coach's post all the way through.

Guest james stratus
Well obviously you weren't good enough....lol

Listen Bling, if you don't want to be here or post here.. then leave...yes, its THAT easy...

just sayin'

Bling can't leave, he needs to get to 30,000 posts. It's a necessity.

Well obviously you weren't good enough....lol

Listen Bling, if you don't want to be here or post here.. then leave...yes, its THAT easy...

just sayin'

well said, and that goes for a few others that keep saying it sucks here now, blah blah blah. it sucks because you keep fucking saying it sucks.

i just want spam off the forums, that's my only beef. but that was successfully addressed, thank you.

i'm sticking around, i love cooljunkie goddammit.