Clubplanet Nightlife Community

CJ Moderators Needed!

Guest DaVe

Guest ICON

ive read on another site that Bling is done with this place and is wanting to start posting shit that will get him banned... but yet he is still posting.. obviouslly, CJ still has a special place in his heart or he would be 100% done with it.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Buck White

Buck White would think "Hey! I really want to bust that coach dude for always picking on me!"

Coach, this is so goddamn false....and you know it. :)

Guest musicalmissionary
You guys are acting like a bunch of fucking panzies, crybabies, and little bitches.

Every website on this planet goes through transitions. Every website fires moderators every single day of the week.. In fact, over on my site, I just fired 3 of them because the mods were getting a litle too comfortable and were thinking their shit did not stink. We all know everybody loves POD, but let's face it.. something he did triggered this site to let him go. I dont know the details and I dont really give a fuck.. however, stop being so god damn closed minded about everything. Give the guy a fucking chance dude.

AND YES, DAVE HAS ADMITTED TO BEING OUT OF TOUCH WITH MIAMI.

The problem with people who dont have a fucking clue about running websites... If Dave were to ask a member if he/she was interested in being a moderator, then the person asked would think of $$$ - Sorry, moderators of websites dont get paid to moderate... It is for volunteers.. He is simply asking for volunteers.

So everybody.. take your fucking heads out of your ass and give them a little time to make adjustments... You people do realize that it is the Holiday and people dont have time to make a miracle over night.. people are trying to finish up last minute shopping, plans, etc.

The majority of the people on here have acting like 5 year old fucking babies... grow up people.

I must be honest here... I totally agree with ICON.

So Pod was popular... big deal! This shouldn't be a popularity contest. At the end of the day, you could train a monkey to be a moderator. Granted, he added his own commentary which many of you found interesting and witty. I personally found most of his comments to be permutations of the same tired points over and over and over again.

And all this talk about the new CJ being "astoundingly out of touch" with our community...??? How does that relate to needing a moderator? I could train someone in Boise, Idaho, to moderate this site by teaching them how to click a mouse and giving them a set of rules to follow.

What's my point? Many of you are taking this Pod getting fired thing way too far. If you're his friend and you miss his commentary that much... go find out where he posts now. But stop making it sound like this site is doomed now because he's gone. I've spent some time on the other site, and I see no reason why both sites can't co-exist in Miami Nightlife Cyberspace.

I keep hearing people complain about the forum being cluttered with promoter's party threads and nothing cool to talk about. WTF?! That's the whole reason I ever came to CJ in the first place... to find out what the fuck was going on around town. The gossip and drama threads were/are just icing on the cake. When there's extra shit to talk about... cool! If not, it's a good time to actually be productive. That won't change with Pod's firing. At the end of the day, it's US... the cooljunkies, who generate the topics to talk about... not the moderator.

With that said... fuck it...

DaVe... I volunteer!

Guest ICON
I must be honest here... I totally agree with ICON.

So Pod was popular... big deal! This shouldn't be a popularity contest. At the end of the day, you could train a monkey to be a moderator. Granted, he added his own commentary which many of you found interesting and witty. I personally found most of his comments to be permutations of the same tired points over and over and over again.

And all this talk about the new CJ being "astoundingly out of touch" with our community...??? How does that relate to needing a moderator? I could train someone in Boise, Idaho, to moderate this site by teaching them how to click a mouse and giving them a set of rules to follow.

What's my point? Many of you are taking this Pod getting fired thing way too far. If you're his friend and you miss his commentary that much... go find out where he posts now. But stop making it sound like this site is doomed now because he's gone. I've spent some time on the other site, and I see no reason why both sites can't co-exist in Miami Nightlife Cyberspace.

I keep hearing people complain about the forum being cluttered with promoter's party threads and nothing cool to talk about. WTF?! That's the whole reason I ever came to CJ in the first place... to find out what the fuck was going on around town. The gossip and drama threads were/are just icing on the cake. When there's extra shit to talk about... cool! If not, it's a good time to actually be productive. That won't change with Pod's firing. At the end of the day, it's US... the cooljunkies, who generate the topics to talk about... not the moderator.

With that said... fuck it...

DaVe... I volunteer!

if the nightlife threads are dead... there are other sections on the site that can help make this a better place. Im glad someone agrees with me here... just because a moderator got fired, quit, or whatever does not mean that CJ is going to shut down all servers... go out of business... and quit.. Websites do not function like that.. Like I said, I fired 3 moderators on my site last week and my site had the most number of users ever... Not because I fired the mods.. but because the site will keep on chugging along just fine with or without them.

As for the people posting flyers/evets info... HELLO? WTF people.. that is why this community is here in the first place! Without those types of posts nobody on here will have a clue on what to do every night.

All of this shit about nonsense is just lame as hell. Grown adults acting like teenagers.

Guest Mattivi

good points guys. i agree there are some on here, no matter how hard Dave and the new mods try, it will just never be good enuff for them, some people are actually offended and taking this shit personal it seems. all the doom and gloom prophecys and shit, and "oh,its not the same anymore" comments get to be a bit inane and insipid. if it really bugs you that much that pod is gone than take your ass over to his new site. but, i agree some people are going really overboard on some shit. i dont think asking for mods to volunteer is all that outlandish and unprofessional, hell they do the same thing on TA.

Guest saintjohn
i dont think asking for mods to volunteer is all that outlandish and unprofessional, hell they do the same thing on TA.

Own goal!

You guys are acting like a bunch of fucking panzies, crybabies, and little bitches.

Every website on this planet goes through transitions. Every website fires moderators every single day of the week.. In fact, over on my site, I just fired 3 of them because the mods were getting a litle too comfortable and were thinking their shit did not stink. We all know everybody loves POD, but let's face it.. something he did triggered this site to let him go. I dont know the details and I dont really give a fuck.. however, stop being so god damn closed minded about everything. Give the guy a fucking chance dude.

The problem with people who dont have a fucking clue about running websites... If Dave were to ask a member if he/she was interested in being a moderator, then the person asked would think of $$$ - Sorry, moderators of websites dont get paid to moderate... It is for volunteers.. He is simply asking for volunteers.

So everybody.. take your fucking heads out of your ass and give them a little time to make adjustments... You people do realize that it is the Holiday and people dont have time to make a miracle over night.. people are trying to finish up last minute shopping, plans, etc.

The majority of the people on here have acting like 5 year old fucking babies... grow up people.

Right on ICON!

Guest Buck White

Sorry, moderators of websites dont get paid to moderate.

Perhaps, that's the problem. Who the hell "volunteers" to sit in front of computer monitor all day & night to "moderate" a bunch of club kids and pugnacious trolls ?

Guest myles hie
Perhaps, that's the problem. Who the hell "volunteers" to sit in front of computer monitor all day & night to "moderate" a bunch of club kids and pugnacious trolls ?

double letter score for "pugnacious"

Guest coach

If you guys think I was talking about ***'s firing, you're even worse fucktards than I thought. I will say that DaVe understood what I was saying, so that's all that really matters.

David, you know I'm right about needing to be in touch with your community. That is one thing that made both of our favorite forums the best, dallasraves.org. They were produced by people who were involved and passionate with the scene. Any assmonkey can click "Delete" when someone says fuckity fuck fuck too much, but that isn't what makes a community dynamic and positive.

EDITed to note that if musicalmissionary is serious about volunteering, I would *highly* recommend him. But, listen to what he says when he makes suggestions. He may be a dipwad, but he knows his music and his scene.

Guest musicalmissionary
If you guys think I was talking about ***'s firing, you're even worse fucktards than I thought. I will say that DaVe understood what I was saying, so that's all that really matters.

David, you know I'm right about needing to be in touch with your community. That is one thing that made both of our favorite forums the best, dallasraves.org. They were produced by people who were involved and passionate with the scene. Any assmonkey can click "Delete" when someone says fuckity fuck fuck too much, but that isn't what makes a community dynamic and positive.

Of course you're right about "needing to be in touch with your community"... but at this point in the game, with CJ already well established and entrenched in Miami Nightlife Cyberspace, that just applies to the people who post on the boards and has nothing to do with who moderates it. DaVe obviously is taking measures to try to ask US how to improve CJ... that's just good management, not necessarily being in touch with our community.

I mean seriously... putting rhetoric aside... what the hell does "being in touch with our community" really mean? Obviously the people posting here are in touch because we live and play here. But what specifically makes our scene different enough from others that requires somebody like DaVe or whoever the new moderator is to "be in touch with our community". At this point, everyone else's role (everyone except active posters) is just to keep the servers running and keep an eye and an ear out for potential improvements. What else am I missing? The content is up to us...

Guest coach
I mean seriously... putting rhetoric aside... what the hell does "being in touch with our community" really mean?

Hiring you as a mod.

What else am I missing? The content is up to us...

Answered your own question.

Guest Buck White
lol

Jbit, you're the biggest sycophant on this site. Look that up and laugh at it. And Apotheosis, you're right, a five pound coconut should not, in fact, carry a three ounce bird.

You two never cease two amaze.....one sucks at English and is, in fact, a stalker...and the other sucks at math. Discuss.

Guest myles hie
. And Apotheosis, you're right, a five pound coconut should not, in fact, carry a three ounce bird.

and the other sucks at math. Discuss.

I'm pretty sure it's a Monty Python reference..

Guest sl33pl3ss

Amen!!! Sometimes change can be for the good or even for the bad. Let's not forget the new "Coke" back in the 80's. How many heads must have rolled with that huge blunder?

A mod should be fair and some what unbias. I was on CP a few years back and the mod for Miami was such a *%^$$ that it drove me away. Hopefully that is a learning lesson for the Track family.

Guest coach
Amen!!! Sometimes change can be for the good or even for the bad. Let's not forget the new "Coke" back in the 80's. How many heads must have rolled with that huge blunder?

Just to set the record straight, New Coke was not a blunder, it was a cleverly planned marketing scheme to get away with changing the ingredients of "Classic" Coca Cola.

See, what you drink nowadays is NOT the same formula that you drank back in the 80s, even though most people think it is, and that was the trick. Coke wanted to change the formula for Coca Cola to include some cheaper ingredients. Of course, they knew that nobody would go for it. So, they introduced New Coke, which was VILE, to distract everyone from what they were doing. As expected, there was a huge outcry and request to return to the old stuff.

Well, they waited long enough until nearly all the original old Coke was gone and then reintroduced Classic Coca Cola, with their new formula. Of course, they hid the fact that it had a new formula. And nobody quite remember 100% what the original Coke had tasted like, just that it wasn't as nasty as New Coke.

During all of this, they created a massive media bonanza for themselves, garnering billions of dollars of effectively free advertising. They also created some real positive PR by pretending that they had given in to consumer desires.

Guest tijuanarave

They just replaced sugar with high fructose corn syrup. If you've ever had Coke made in Mexico, you will remember what original coca cola used to taste like.

A mod should be fair and some what unbias. I was on CP a few years back and the mod for Miami was such a *%^$$ that it drove me away. Hopefully that is a learning lesson for the Track family.

which mod was that?

Guest coach
They just replaced sugar with high fructose corn syrup. If you've ever had Coke made in Mexico, you will remember what original coca cola used to taste like.

Right, thank you.