Clubplanet Nightlife Community

DJ Battles....

Guest djway830

Should CJ bring back tha DJ Battle Competion?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Should CJ bring back tha DJ Battle Competion?

• yes
    • no

Guest djway830

Just out of curiosity, I heard CJ once hosted DJ battles!!!! Hilarious, but possibly a whole lot of fun. Maybe we can finally stop tha BS bitching and get this shit out on some decks. Just a thought....

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest coach

Someone needs to. I think they need to figure out a new way to do it, though. I don't think DJ battles brings people out to the clubs like it used it (if it ever did). I liked the one they did in the Virgin down in Sunset, for example. Do it someplace different.

I think it would also be cool to get some "name" DJ to MC/interlude the battles. Have him come on between the newbies.

Guest Mimi82
Someone needs to. I think they need to figure out a new way to do it, though. I don't think DJ battles brings people out to the clubs like it used it (if it ever did). I liked the one they did in the Virgin down in Sunset, for example. Do it someplace different.

I think it would also be cool to get some "name" DJ to MC/interlude the battles. Have him come on between the newbies.

That's a good idea

Guest rhythmburn
I'll make it interesting, I'll buy the winner new CDJ's

WOW -- i could use some of those -- but as i thought would be the case, it appears we are just talking amongst ourselves...

Guest djway830

Not to disregard CJ posters feelings on this subject, but this thread wasn't intended as a calling out board of Igor aka Mr. Anatoli Russki. I had every intention on calling EVERYONE out who's interested and ready to rock some 1's and 2's. Let's see where this takeS us now! Please, if you vote, feel free to/not to comment on your vote decision. Thanks 4 reading and a good day to all!!! :)

Guest djjoncowan

it was never a "dj battle" so to say but a competition. cj would have 4-6 dj all play sets with 4 judges comprised of DJ's, club owners, promoters, and celeberty's - the competition would take place at a local venue with each dj getting an hour set or so and then the judges ruling. the winner would then get a winners party with a proper long celebration set... if you guys are serious I'd be more than happy to host it at shine.... just a thought...

Guest DB-CMG
it was never a "dj battle" so to say but a competition. cj would have 4-6 dj all play sets with 4 judges comprised of DJ's, club owners, promoters, and celeberty's - the competition would take place at a local venue with each dj getting an hour set or so and then the judges ruling. the winner would then get a winners party with a proper long celebration set... if you guys are serious I'd be more than happy to host it at shine.... just a thought...

You guys already have a venue as Jon states his willingness to host it.

Guest djway830

Hellz ya Jon. Thanks for your kindness once again. Let's talk more about this fo sho! :)

Guest djway830
its on like donkey kong...shine is the shit...

now all we need is confirmation from both djs

we got a venue

I feel like it would only B fair to have a vote on who will enter the competition. The DJ's involved should be selected by the music luvers of Miami!!! No more than 6 DJ's should be selected. 4get the battle homie....in due time, in due time.

PS I highly agree with James...there should be vinyl involved some how. ALL participating DJ's should show their proficiency on both CD's and Vinyl.

Guest MichaelMnML

naturally my friend...

you would have it divided into genres...45min sets or someting...

have a techno battle between st. marc and anatoli...

then do a prog and deep house genre battle between the other talents in this city...

thats three genres...six djs...

Guest Mr. Negativity
I'll make it interesting, I'll buy the winner new CDJ's

You clowns are talking about a dj battle with CDJs??? :ghey:

Were you born in the 90s or something? Fuck!

Guest djway830
naturally my friend...

you would have it divided into genres...45min sets or someting...

have a techno battle between st. marc and anatoli...

then do a prog and deep house genre battle between the other talents in this city...

thats three genres...six djs...

I would say this would be a good idea, but what about people who can & will play everything. Just sayin. ;)

Guest Seb

lol I agree, leave the battles for the real battle djs and turntablists

Guest MichaelMnML
lol I agree, leave the battles for the real battle djs and turntablists

since there are so many battle DJs and turntablists on this board with a huge grudge you make an amazing point :offtopic:

Guest MichaelMnML

umm the contest would be done with both....MiMi is willing to buy CDJs for the winner, which is pretty nice.....read it my friend

i pm'ed her and she said something about 2 Pio's to the winner...