Clubplanet Nightlife Community

DJ Battles....

Guest djway830

Should CJ bring back tha DJ Battle Competion?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Should CJ bring back tha DJ Battle Competion?

• yes
    • no

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Marina22
I would say this would be a good idea, but what about people who can & will play everything. Just sayin. ;)

That's what I'm talking about.. I think it should even be called a showcase to not empahsize the competition aspect just for fun.. Vinyl is fingerlickin' good, yo. Maybe some scratchers ala Seb..?

Guest Dj_Peace

i will throw my hat into the ring ...been a while since I did anything such as this at a club so this could be a lot of fun

Guest Marina22
i will throw my hat into the ring ...been a while since I did anything such as this at a club so this could be a lot of fun

I would like to see you do a set since we only caught a lil' at the bbq and I know Peter would too.

Guest Mimi82
You clowns are talking about a dj battle with CDJs??? :ghey:

Were you born in the 90s or something? Fuck!

Obviously some people can't read... I didn't say for the DJ's to battle with CDJ's, I was offering a "PRIZE" for the winner... so I guess my generosity is not welcome.

Guest djway830
You clowns are talking about a dj battle with CDJs??? :ghey:

Were you born in the 90s or something? Fuck!

I did mention the CDJ's. Let's be honest---they aren't exactly "rocket science". Prolly one of the easiest pieces of electronic equipment ever invented 4 dj's! This competition would be way more revealing exclusively on Vinyl, agreed. However, I wouldn't want to leave anyone out....especially since it seems like there are very few people still using vinyl. So, I propose this question...What DJ's out there are still using vinyl??? I will call myself and Will R. (Brad also) out, but who else??? seriously ;) (im not talking about using a laptop)

Guest MichaelMnML

dude i dont think we wanna get into this Cd vs. vinyl vs. CPU....that demands a whole different thread...people might get shot over this debate...

i would spin vinyl if i was raised in europe...the reason why most used cds or cpu's is because we cant get the records that one could while living in Berlin or London...

anja used records but aside from purists like her with access to upfront, new tracks on vinyl...cds/mp3s are a necessity...

plus for many of the newer sounds coming out these days, they are done by new artists, on indie netlabels...i cant get 90% of my tracks on vinyl....

but a spinoff, whether using cds or records...must be done without the auto-beat match capability of programs on a laptop IMO

Guest MichaelMnML

it is the shit...without a doubt...best program i have ever seen

but if u played just tracks with it I think thats cheating...

playing live, with original work is brilliant...u saw jonas last weekend...ritch in december...

but i get pissed when i see a guy playing an entire set presequenced through Live fully consisting of other peoples tracks...no beat matching...

but who cares...if it sounds good it is good...

Guest myles hie

Anyway....back to the task at hand.

Who's stepping up to organise this?

Imo, i don't think "genres" need to be an issue. X amount of time available. DJ's show up put name in hat. Slots are given as names are pulled out of hat.

Guest HUGH

Bro.Leave that DJ Battle nonsense for DJ Jazzy Jeff and them.You are supposed to take this music to the next level and I wanna see you playing live and using as much technology as possible.Do it like the champions and let all these Jazzy Jeff wannabes in the rear view mirror with their 1990 useless tracks.:shot:

Guest MichaelMnML

man u know im just talking shit...and i definitely would never battle anyone, this is between the men in this town...i just wanna watch and hype this thing...cooljunkie needs some hits..its been dead...

Guest MichaelMnML
B let all these Jazzy Jeff wannabes in the rear view mirror with their 1990 useless tracks.:shot:

thats pretty damn funny tho

I love you man, but seriously... It was the case that you couldn't get some records that came out in Europe and didn't make there way to the States through distribution channels or a wise record buyer.... but that was maybe 15+ years ago. Any record buyer worth a damn can get anything you want these days.

i would spin vinyl if i was raised in europe...the reason why most used cds or cpu's is because we cant get the records that one could while living in Berlin or London...

Guest MichaelMnML
I love you man, but seriously... It was the case that you couldn't get some records that came out in Europe and didn't make there way to the States through distribution channels or a wise record buyer.... but that was maybe 15+ years ago. Any record buyer worth a damn can get anything you want these days.

but in what time frame? it seemed rather unfeasible to me when i started spinningg that i could get records, when i could buy a track as soon as it was released online...as well as being so much cheaper... to a young kid in a non EDM city where i was thats all that mattered....now with syntax down who knows

Guest djway830
Anyway....back to the task at hand.

Who's stepping up to organise this?

Imo, i don't think "genres" need to be an issue.

Agreed - genres need NOT be an issue. The best deejays will "shine" no matter what they play!!!

Jon, are you seriously up for the task??? Check the message I sent ya on f.book

Guest djway830
Within 2 weeks. And when a lot of us started DJing there was no such thing as an MP3 or Digital Download site.

I began deejaying in 2000 and there were no CDJ's that I knew of.......I "spun" my first CD out @ Laundry Bar Sept. 07'. WTF was I thinking!??? Vinyl sounds better, looks more interesting, and feels like you're actually doing something! The only real reason to move to CDJ format is laziness, right??? Nobody wants to drag around 60 LBS in vinyl. I sure as hell don't.

Guest rhythmburn

the reason i buy 99% of my digital tracks is beacuse i CANNOT get them on vinyl (they are not pressed to vinyl).

it is that simple. vinyl is very expensive to produce and distribute, and many of the newer labels who put out FANTASTIC music, simply cannot afford this upfront capital expenditure.

it has nothing at all to do with laziness

Guest djway830
the reason i buy 99% of my digital tracks is beacuse i CANNOT get them on vinyl (they are not pressed to vinyl).

it is that simple. vinyl is very expensive to produce and distribute, and many of the newer labels who put out FANTASTIC music, simply cannot afford this upfront capital expenditure.

it has nothing at all to do with laziness

Rich, I completely agree with you about the high costs in production, distribution, and sales. However, I've heard more times than not (from many dj's) they don't bring vinyl out b/c it's too damn heavy and annoying. In addition, often turntables at venues have become unreliable due to lack of maintenance. I do tend to bring vinyl with me when I go out, but often don't play it much anymore. It's a shame.

Guest rhythmburn
Rich, I completely agree with you about the high costs in production, distribution, and sales. However, I've heard more times than not (from many dj's) they don't bring vinyl out b/c it's too damn heavy and annoying. In addition, often turntables at venues have become unreliable due to lack of maintenance. I do tend to bring vinyl with me when I go out, but often don't play it much anymore. It's a shame.

agreed

Guest Juniper

wish I could afford ~18$ per tune on vinyl - would much prefer this format but its just not feasable on the amount of musics I digest - and as said before I cannot find most on vinyl & its just not feasable this age

ps I wanna play in the fight