Clubplanet Nightlife Community

COMIN TO CHICAGO...HELP!!

borkinj

Hey..i am a student in ann arbor at U of Michigan and I am takin my girlfriend down to chicago in the next couple weeks for an early valentines type of present and i want to hit up a club..i am thinkin of crobar. i did crobar for NYE in miami and loved it..has anyone been to both? and are they similar? anyway, lookin for a good fri or sat night to come down..and please dont reccomnend the crobar website..i have already looked...ok..thanks everyone.

------------------

DANCE LIKE THERE'S NO ONE WATCHING

Crobar chicago is very different then crobar Miami. Its crazier here then in sobe.

the best night for you to come down would be feb 17th(sat) its psycho bitch;s bday bash, and the place is gonna be insane.

Email me for more info

tommy

------------------

"Nobody picks on a strong man." - Charles Atlas

Any Saturday night at Crobar is awesome, but as Tommy suggested, go on Psycho's b-day! It was great last year!!! If you come down on a Friday night, depending on what you like, or if you want to just be low key cocktail like, you can hit a "trendy" place like Rive Gauche, Zentra, Transit (which now has DJ Lego on Fridays), or Circus. All the directions for these clubs you can get from www.metromix.com.

Friday nights, defenately Rive Gauche, you can put yourself on the <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/guestlists/" TARGET="_blank"> guest list</A> at www.rivegauchenightclub.com and get in free with no hassle. Drinks are reasonably priced and the DJ spins some pretty good music. Check it out. We go there every friday because it is always packed.

------------------

embot.gif

Definitely! Plan on meeting! I am going to go early though cause I remember last year it was PACKED! I went this Saturday and it was packed by 12, which seemed strange cause the last few times I went it really wasn't, I thought it was starting to die down. You already know what I look like if you saw that crobar web pic, or my web site, so either let's make a time and place to meet or look for me.

Kim

I know but 5 is not that bad!

There is like 300 dorks on Crobars site with nothing to say but corny shit.

Kim ever visit NYc board, there is some cool ppl there.

Shit, i cant believe its the weekend again...

tommy

------------------

Hey.. i'm here too..

I've been lurking a bit on the NYC board since I'll be heading up there next week for Sasha & Digweed... cant wait!!!

But... If you're missing the Crobar drivel.. Let me supply a facsimile..

First we call all girls "Mistress".. and then we create endless threads with *hugs* and *kisses*.. and call everybody sweetheart and followup every message with "LOL!".. "me too!".. "call me!"...

I dunno.. and maybe I'm too much of an adult, but what happened to picking up the phone... or private e-mails... or actually hugging and kissing someone *shock*..in person?

Tranceaction: shit, you're killin me. Those are all my friends on that board and you know what, that shit's annoying as hell but they keep doing it.

Tommy, man, I'm so glad you know what I look like. It's like I gotta sport a fern or construction hat to get people to remember who I am.

Kimberlyco: flot50@hotmail.com is my addy.

btw, green velvet cancelled, what a pisser.

Tranceaction, right on about CB, the board is stupid as hell with all the "positive vibe" bs...

Have fun in NYC, make sure to get there mad early or youll spend hours in line. When i was there during the summer the place was packed till 8am and after that there was finally some room to dance. U meeting any ppl from Nyc board there?

Kim-you look so familiar, i bet i stood next to you and didnt even know(good ol drugs)

But yeah on the 17th ill wait with my pills so im half sober and come say hi.

Whats up Der!

tommy

------------------

tommy:

Hopefully I'll meet up with some of the NYC board people up there.. I've been chatting with a few cool people and I'm surprised at how inviting & friendly the people have been.

Do you know anyone going to the S&D show at Twilo (1/26) ?

der:

The people on the Crobar are all great.. and there's plenty of time for fun.. but there is a serious lack of maturity, intellect, and meaningful conversation.. and once in a while it would be nice to chat with some adults..

Why does he keep testing smile.gif wow, this poor guy who just wanted advice for coming to chicago, we turned it into our own conversation wink.gif

------------------

"Perhaps if the world had been a little more fair, a little more tolerable, a little more intelligent, understanding, that if you don't treat people with respect, with equality, with dignity, then you create a world of chaos and confusion where every single human being is the LOOSER. Perhaps if the world was kinder then maybe some of our greatest voices would still be with us today." wjcare14.gif