Clubplanet Nightlife Community

crobar vs www.eyecandie.bizland.com

sobeton

I received this e-mail listed below today. Wondering if anybody knows more details..

Peace,

Sobeton

Dear loyal visitors,

I have recently run into major problems with the owner of CROBAR NIGHTCLUB. Pat Parsons, the owner, has recently contacted my hosting company (bizland.com) and threatened them because he is not happy with myself

expressing how i feel about his venue. See, his security removed me from their club because they stated I sell drugs. I never sold a dam thing in my life. And unfortunatly, eyecandie is being removed from the web.

I would appreciate it if all of you would express your feelings on the removal of my site. You can post your comments regarding this situation at www.crobarnightclub.com. you will see the name 'paolo' at the top of the page. this is his address.

I am looking now for a hosting company for my site. If anyone knows of any hosting companies or, if you can host my site, please reply to this with the information i will need.

I WILL NOT give up on this site. It is and always will be a continuos hobby for myself. I would also like to inform whoever sends me hosting info, that i plan on leaving the attacks on crobar on my site. If this is a problem, please email me to discuss the matter personally. I have been wrongly accussed of something, and I will continue to prove my innocence. I STRONGLY

ADVISE THE CHICAGO PEOPLE TO STAY AWAY FROM THIS VENUE, OR, TAKE THE CHANCE OF THIS HAPPENEING TO YOU OR YOUR FRIENDS. THESE PEOPLE DONT CARE WHO YOU ARE OR WHERE YOUR FROM, THEY JUST POINT THE FINGER AND THATS IT.

I would like to thank all 14,000 of you for your support and visiting my site. Your visits are what keep me goin.

Thank you and I hope to be back up and running ASAP!!!

Webmaster www.eyecandie.bizland.com

Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com

FOR PAT PARSONS .. !

This is a crock .. First of all your club was supposed to be shut down months ago , for underage drinking , and drug sales , but for some reason you are still running . Not hard to figure out why .. $$ .. To the right people is a good start , and because you may need to seem that you are controlling the situation , by exploiting innocent people, and then when one of those innocent people have the power to voice thier right to thousands of people you try and shut "him" up .. I personally have been to your club a few times , with two twists of both arms , cause i don't care for your club one bit .. Ive been to every club imaginable , from Chicago , to DC , to NY , LA , to Miami .. And never have I been in a more corrupt , fake , and power hungry place .. You think that you are THE CLUB in CHICAGO .. Im sorry Pat .. due a poll .. you'll find the people coming to your club are first timers , or maybe the second , cause they were too fucked up to remember what when on, when they were first there .. ALL in ALL .. Im sorry .. but in case you failed US Civilization .. WE have a ammendment , stating , FREEDOM of SPEECH .. And you are afraid of the wrap you might get with this controversy .. Im sorry to say .. YOU ALREADY HAVE THAT WRAP .. !

True , we should get over it , but the the point being is Pat PArsons , of Crobar , took the time, to have a friend of mines' web site shut down , because he was voiceing his opinion about being thrown out of Crobar , for alledgly , selling drugs, when in fact he never did .. Nothing more that ego driven , child trying to be better than his DAD ! , Pat Parsons WE SALUTE YOU !

Hummm. to comment or not to comment that is the question.....

well I really liked the eyecandie.bizland web site. It was cool....

but I am not going to stop going to a club over it???? That is between your business and their business. What happened is between you guys. There are always two different stories. As a patron I am not getting involved. I will just go and dance and find another cool web site. Sorry guys.

Its amazing the extreme emotions people have for Crobar... love & hate..

There are those for whom it is their entire social life and they worship everyone who works there.

And those who got kicked out and NOW despise it and the management.

To both crowds... GET OVER IT..

Its just a frigging club.. they come and go.. Chicago has new ones opening, closing, or reinventing themselves every month.

Hey guy,

How long ago was it when you got kicked out of Crobar? I cannot believe you are still so upset over it, and in fact, it looks like you're losing a lot people's respect for going so nutso over it. You're not making yourself look any better by being an ass, plus I don't think anyone believes you weren't selling drugs. I don't know you, but that's the way it seems. If you're a nice guy, why don't you start acting like one?

wondergirl.......ur just like the rest...comment on something u have no idea about.....im not mad anymore.....i think it is pathetic that a club owner has to stoop as low as getting someones site taken off the web because he doesnt like my opinion about their club.....why not just call my mom?

keep on wondering wondergirl

The intelligence level is killing me!!!Sobeton why did you change your name to unknowne8??? .....and.....

ur just like the rest...comment on something u have no idea about- unknowne8

Sweetheart, we are commenting on this because you TOLD us to by putting it out on a message board, (hitting head with palm of hand) my goodness. Do you need the definition of a MESSAGE BOARD????

Ok, but aside from all the name calling stupid shit, I agree, I don't think it was worth it for the owner to have had your web site taken off, but what I want to know, which is drowning away from the subject because of all the stupid back and forth shit, is what happened....how did the owner of Crobar get your web site off? And why would they take that time to do so? I really enjoyed eyecandie.bizland, and even spread the site out by putting a link on my site for it and spreading the word. Why would they want to kill it though? How did they know you were the owner of the site?? That kind of stuff? You can put your site on MANY different places, shoot mine is on yahoo, but you can put what ever you want on it there. So if you were looking on advice on where to hold your site, look up web hosting on a search engine, but if you were looking for a battle against the patrons of Crobar and your site...... I think that Crobar would win, so you are taking on a huge challenge, sorry sweety.

Kimberlyco> Let me start by asking you to please; not make assumptions; about people you do not know. “ Sobeton” is the only message board name I use. I t is obvious you never bothered to read my original post. If you had; you would not be making these rather ludicrous comments .Let me clarify for you the core of my original post. My post was asking for more details. I do not believe my post made any assumptions. In fact it was seeking clarification of an incident; that if true seemed rather unjust. For the record, this is my definition of what a message board is: Message boards are places where people with a similar interest exchange ideas, seek information, and post information. As my friend, Tommy stated, “there are 2 sides to this story”. Tommy and I have spoken, and he has explained the other side of the story. Thus, My original post has been addressed. Had I known Tommy knew this guy; I would not have posted asking for more details. I “try” my best to avoid personally attacking people on message boards. Hence; I am attempting to avoid that in my response to your post. attacking people personally, because they have a view different from yours seems rather childish. That stuff should be saved for pm’s and e-mails , and not public forums.

Peace,

Sobeton cwm32.gif

Originally posted by missmoneypenny:

B2B.....Basil Brush OMG a pic. from my childhood......

thanks for the memories

He he, you have to love him:

God all this is like a bloody playground, drugs and money can do funny things to people. I think Tranceaction has hit the nail on the head. It's a club and when you get so in to the scene like that it will always let you down.

Remember it's full of people trying to escape, it should be a place to go and have fun. But judging by all the negative shit that surrounds the crobar (this and the last email that was sent round about undercover and how the crobar would be shut down), some people need to take a step back and re-asses.

It's supposed to be about fun an music, not politics and drama.

------------------

I want to go out blazing..not fade away.

Trust in the currency of relationships, it's hard to earn but easy to loose - back2basics

bsb2.GIF

Whatever dude,

Im not the one getting kicked out of clubs for selling drugs. I can go back anytime i want.

Dude, you got caught and this wasnt your first time, stop crying about it and move on cause youre getting no symphaty from me

tommy

[This message has been edited by diesel77 (edited 02-07-2001).]