Clubplanet Nightlife Community

crobar vs www.eyecandie.bizland.com

sobeton

u havent been kicked out YET......i dont wanna go back and to tell u the truth, ya know whatu r a waste of time just like crobar......i aint scared of ur steroid ass and if i were u, i'd keep my mouth shut!!!

and i aint crying about shit....its called standing up for yourself!

regarding the club incident with the guy who ran the site: I told him what I think.

regarding the club getting the site pulled:

I'm no diplomat but maybe they should have talked to the dude first and correct any problems they may have with his site. Then if he refused then go through the proper means of getting that site canc'ed. Now if that was the case, then the dude has no reason to bitch except for that crobar's got more pull with the site server than he does. Now if that was not the case then that's just some wrong shit. Crobar could have had that nuklear fusion site pulled cuz they were baggin the club too but they didn't.

to inform everyone, i am not soberton.....second, eyecandie is back up and running as of monday, feb 12. and it is kind of obvious that the site was shut down the next day crobar seen the 'hate crimes' on eyecandies site. it was up for over 8 months, and all of a sudden its off after a dispute he had with crobar? it was pat parsons who got it removed by contacting bizland.......but like i said, its back!!!!

hey der, crobar couldnt have nuklearfusion pulled because they owned their own domain name(nuklearfusion.com) and eyecandie was using a free host (bizland.com) and because it is free, there is a policy and terms that eyecandie must follow, or the site gets pulled, if it were eyecandie.com, crobar wouldnt of been able to touch it. that is why its better to get ur own domain name........just an fyi bro!

I'm glad that the site is going back up but I hope all u peeps have been paying attention so that this kind of thing doesn't happen again......cool heads are logical heads. I like Tommy was also @ Crobar the nite in question, I also like the person who maintains eyecandie....love & props 2 u babe...Miss.$$

I agree with missmoneypenny, cool heads, logical heads!!! Sorry about my opinion this whole thing is confusing to me! I thought that sobeton was the webmaster of eyecandie, then unknowne8 is defending it like he is the webmaster??? so I am confused. Sorry, typical female wink.gif Hey, I just wanted to know what was up with the whole thing, guess I found out the hard way. Anyways, good luck to all of those involved then.

------------------

0b32d3c0.gif "Computer games don't affect kids, I mean, if Pacman

affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

• 5 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I met miss moneypenny when i was in chicago 5 yrs ago actually.. lol I met about 40 posters from Crobars messageboard that weekend.. one of the best weekends i've ever had...

insane with teri bristol and psychobitch. :D

I wonder where all the crobar posters are now? I'd love to try and reconnect with some of them now that i'll be taking more trips to chicago?!??!

what the hell is the name of the other messageboard out of chicago?

There are 2 survivors left

1. Purefuture.com

2. inside-chicago.com

Most of the old people still linger around.

Rowena (miss$$) still works in the industry.

As for the old crowd, they scattered after Crobar closed. The crew was "re-united" when Spundea was @ Vision, that too, now a history. There is not a nightclub in Chicago that had the following of Crobar or Vision, the scene has 'fragmented". It takes a HUGE, exclusive event to bring everyone out to the same place @ the same time, such as the Pure rave from the summer that's still a sticky above.

:swallow:

Pat Parsons hasn't worked for here fro crobar in years. (he was the designer and not the owner!)

People have a bad experience when they go to Great America and puke after having too many beers riding the haybailer... I wonder if they write the owner, hack the website, or waste thier lives complaining about others.

Some folks just need to look at themselves and see what sort of energy they generate for the world.

Don't squander your time and have fun is what I say.

Anyways just thought this was a bizarre thread.

Peace

~Jake (from crobar)

I received this e-mail listed below today. Wondering if anybody knows more details..

Peace,

Sobeton

Dear loyal visitors,

I have recently run into major problems with the owner of CROBAR NIGHTCLUB. Pat Parsons, the owner, has recently contacted my hosting company (bizland.com) and threatened them because he is not happy with myself

expressing how i feel about his venue. See, his security removed me from their club because they stated I sell drugs. I never sold a dam thing in my life. And unfortunatly, eyecandie is being removed from the web.

I would appreciate it if all of you would express your feelings on the removal of my site. You can post your comments regarding this situation at www.crobarnightclub.com. you will see the name 'paolo' at the top of the page. this is his address.

I am looking now for a hosting company for my site. If anyone knows of any hosting companies or, if you can host my site, please reply to this with the information i will need.

I WILL NOT give up on this site. It is and always will be a continuos hobby for myself. I would also like to inform whoever sends me hosting info, that i plan on leaving the attacks on crobar on my site. If this is a problem, please email me to discuss the matter personally. I have been wrongly accussed of something, and I will continue to prove my innocence. I STRONGLY

ADVISE THE CHICAGO PEOPLE TO STAY AWAY FROM THIS VENUE, OR, TAKE THE CHANCE OF THIS HAPPENEING TO YOU OR YOUR FRIENDS. THESE PEOPLE DONT CARE WHO YOU ARE OR WHERE YOUR FROM, THEY JUST POINT THE FINGER AND THATS IT.

I would like to thank all 14,000 of you for your support and visiting my site. Your visits are what keep me goin.

Thank you and I hope to be back up and running ASAP!!!

Webmaster www.eyecandie.bizland.com

Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com

There are 2 survivors left

1. Purefuture.com

2. inside-chicago.com

Most of the old people still linger around.

Rowena (miss$$) still works in the industry.

As for the old crowd, they scattered after Crobar closed. The crew was "re-united" when Spundea was @ Vision, that too, now a history. There is not a nightclub in Chicago that had the following of Crobar or Vision, the scene has 'fragmented". It takes a HUGE, exclusive event to bring everyone out to the same place @ the same time, such as the Pure rave from the summer that's still a sticky above.

:swallow:

Oh mannn.. the old days of crobars messageboard were the best... in fact, it was the first board i posted on.. then when i went to chicago, i literally met every person on the board.. they were so awesome.. I miss those guys... they totally took care of me and my friends.. and they took us to afterhours parties.. i was so wrecked. lol Some real good peeps on that board that REALLY cared for the music... they lived for the interactive parties.. Such a shame it all came to an end..

I'd just be curious to see how everyone's doing after all this time.. I'm still in touch with ShortyStar whom i met through the site.. in fact, i was her maid of honor in her wedding in august :D Kept in touch with KT (KrAcKedTeAcHeR) for a bit, Sentient when he moved down here and theMatt & Gemini... but now i've lost touch with those guys :(

The novelty of the crobar board was what made it fun for me.

If you browse through my Myspace "friends" you'll recognize some of the old faces. Fun memories, and for the most part everyone is doing well.

I remember "your night" @ Crobar- you were walking sideways-with sunglasses on...those were some bright lights huh? :roll:;)

Oh mannn.. the old days of crobars messageboard were the best... in fact, it was the first board i posted on.. then when i went to chicago, i literally met every person on the board.. they were so awesome.. I miss those guys... they totally took care of me and my friends.. and they took us to afterhours parties.. i was so wrecked. lol Some real good peeps on that board that REALLY cared for the music... they lived for the interactive parties.. Such a shame it all came to an end..

I'd just be curious to see how everyone's doing after all this time.. I'm still in touch with ShortyStar whom i met through the site.. in fact, i was her maid of honor in her wedding in august :D Kept in touch with KT (KrAcKedTeAcHeR) for a bit, Sentient when he moved down here and theMatt & Gemini... but now i've lost touch with those guys :(