Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Phazon

jprutig

b2b - i hear you about the sound at twilo. i think that a lot of the hoopla has some to do with the talent they bring in and the energy and enthusiasm of the people who are there.

for the most part, people who go to twilo go because they *feel* the vibe

not the ass of the half naked hoochie-mama strutting by cwm4.gif

i'm looking forwarding to meeting you out in chi-town. i'm glad to hear that you had a good time, though.

and SoHo is the shit - just got back from sitting on bleecker street drinking a bottle of wine with a friend and doing a bit of people watching

------------------

you can judge the quality and content of one's character by the way they treat someone that can do nothing for them...

Went to NY this weekend and went to Twilo.

Now i havn't herd this much hyped Phazon before but i wasn't terribly impressed either.

When we went in it was quiet so i toured the room to have a listen from various points in the club. If you stand in the middle of the dance floor it sound pretty incredible, very crisp and clear.

But move off arround the club and the stereo effect changes. If you to the outside edge of the dance floor the sound quality is very bad. So on a busy night i imagin half the club woun't get the best quality.

That said Twilo have done a great job renovating that place since the last time a i went. Chicago really could do with a club like Twilo. You can tell alot of money has been spent getting designers in to give it a great look.

The main room is much the same as i went last time and has a posh warehouse vibe rather than the scummy warehouse vibe as it was last time.

------------------

I want to go out blazing..not fade away.

Trust in the currency of relationships, it's hard to earn but easy to loose - back2basics

b2b6.GIF

I fully agree. The sound is amazing in the center of the floor (highs and mids can literally lift you while the bass bounces) and tends to mudd out drastically on the outer edges. It makes sense considering the positioning of the highs but it would definitely be cool if they compensated on the outer walls or opened up the stacks to the corners. Did you have fun overall? Get your party on? Did yo make it to any other clubs? You check out DT at all?

Peeps is coming out the weekend of the 4th of may w/ a couple of my buddies from NYC if your down to join us. That band Soulive that Lindsay and I were raving about are @ HOB the 4th then were going to check out Fatboy Slim & Darren Emerson @ Aragon. I went to New Orleans this past weekend. That place is out of control. Killer live music.

peace

cwm7.gif

------------------

wombat3.gif

b2b - did you check out the sound in the 'secret' closet? kosheen's 'i'll hide u' looped throughout the night. it's the center of the entire phazon system - try it next time, like nothing else.

marcel - new orleans was good, eh? no nudey pics, eh? slacker.

i'm counting the days until i get out of here. this may be 'the greatest city in the world' but sometimes you have to get the f*ck out here...

------------------

you can judge the quality and content of one's character by the way they treat someone that can do nothing for them...

Yeh the clarity was as good as i have herd. Wait till Ibiza Wombat i think some people who are coming will be impressed with the sound in some of the places.

Nah didn't check the secret room, well i may have done and not known it cwm1.gif

But for me it should be constant, even on the dancefloor the sound varied. I thought they had all sorts of equipment to stop that happeneg, so it would constantly monitor the sound and adjust so you wouldn't get that happening?

But on the whole my weekend was good. I am going back in may to fill in on some things i miss. Want to spend more time in Soho because if i do end up moving over there that's the kind of vibe i like.

Yeh i will be out when peeps comes across, i need to save save save now as i spent too much across there.

------------------

I want to go out blazing..not fade away.

Trust in the currency of relationships, it's hard to earn but easy to loose - back2basics

b2b6.GIF