Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Is everyone alive out there???

bmitch1114

The board just seemed a little quiet today,

I thought I would throw this out there and see who's around.

------------------

"What we call the beginning is often the end. And to make an end is to make a beginning. The end is where we start from."

-T. S. Eliot, "Four Quartets"

Man, this day sucks, I feel as though no one at work will leave me the heck alone.

BBQ??? Food???? WHEN? I will bring fish and hot dogs... I hate burgers.

------------------

0b32d3c0.gif Life is only complicated because you make it so. Remember what it was like to live carefree - and live that way again!

Hey actually a BBQ sound like a bloody good idea.

Anybody got the space? I have a balcolny but you have trouble getting two people and a BBQ out there le alone have a party smile.gif

The weather is nice let's use it.

Actually does anybody know a place in Chicago where you can hire out a small(ish) motor boat, with a kitchen?

------------------

I want to go out blazing..not fade away.

Trust in the currency of relationships, it's hard to earn but easy to loose - back2basics

b2b6.GIF

Well, I've got a grill but the balcony isn't huge or anything. Anyone is welcome, of course I don't live in the city, I live in Downers Grove. Kim and BouncyBoy, I know you guys are in the area, come on over. I don't know who else is in the area or feels like coming from Chicago but my door is open. Let me know.

------------------

"What we call the beginning is often the end. And to make an end is to make a beginning. The end is where we start from."

Well, I've got a grill but the balcony isn't huge or anything. Anyone is welcome, of course I don't live in the city, I live in Downers Grove. Kim and BouncyBoy, I know you guys are in the area, come on over. I don't know who else is in the area or feels like coming from Chicago but my door is open. Let me know.

------------------

My flights out at 4:30 tomorrow and I'll be back in town first thing Monday morning. Sounds like I'm gonna miss a good weekend too. So you guys chillin tonight?

------------------

My body is sitting in front of the computer but my mind didn't wake up yet. Went to the Cubs game last night, saw Sammy hit number 400. Then went to Club Eden wit Wombat and his girly and got shitfaced. The people working there are really cool once you give em a chance. They gave us a free round of shots and margaritas, only cause of the gals with us.

------------------

BirdJ.jpg

I'm all about chillin, as much fun as the club would be I'm sure I'ld be mad at myself tomorrow. If you guys get bored I could fire up the grill. Just a passing thought.

------------------

Originally posted by birdj:

My body is sitting in front of the computer but my mind didn't wake up yet.

Ha ha, i know that feeling well.

Get some grease down you, loads of carbs and all will be good.

------------------

Trust in the currency of relationships, it's hard to earn but easy to loose - back2basics

b2b6.GIF

Dang Bmitch congrats on becoming New Skool. You have been keepin this board alive lately. Alright Lunchtime!!...Gotta catch some zzzzz really quick or I'm not gonna make it.

------------------

BirdJ.jpg

Just a quick note to all you suburbinites. You are missing out on alot of fun when you are stuck out in the burbs. You have to try living in the city for atleast a year and I promise you will love it. Everything is a cab, "L", or bus ride away. And there is people everywhere anytime. I grew up in the south burbs and could not stand it. That is until I moved into the city 4 years ago. It has been a frickin blast ever since then.

I've met most of you all and your cool cats.

Just like the type of people who make Chicago such a fun city, but ofcourse you all are a little cooler cause your on this board.

------------------

BirdJ.jpg

Just a quick note to all you suburbinites. You are missing out on alot of fun when you are stuck out in the burbs. You have to try living in the city for atleast a year and I promise you will love it. Everything is a cab, "L", or bus ride away. And there is people everywhere anytime. I grew up in the south burbs and could not stand it. That is until I moved into the city 4 years ago. It has been a frickin blast ever since then.

I've met most of you all and your cool cats.

Just like the type of people who make Chicago such a fun city, but ofcourse you all are a little cooler cause your on this board.

Yeh i second that, although i whish i has a garden sometimes. But then i just go down to the lake and forget about that.

Where in the city do you live birdj?

I have been thinking about moving a little further north to Wicker park or somewhere. But it's great where i am because i am central to most things.

------------------

b2b6.GIF

I already lived in the city, and I like the peace and quiet of the burbs. It only takes me 20-25 minutes to get to all of the clubs, but I don't have to hear buses and car horns all night long while I am sleeping, and since I don't live in an apartment I don't have to worry about noise like B2B and his antichrist of fun neighbor, sorry you had to sell your table B2B... Plus I have a yard, a garage, a driveway (don't have to park and then walk home) so living in the city was an experience, but I will stay in the burbs...

------------------

b_md_wht.gif

I started out on the Lake in south boyztown on Sheridan. Not bad, lotta of girlies w/ no competition. Then moved west to Fullerton by 90/94. We had a big pad - 2 floors and threw a bunch a great parties there. Now I live at Belmont and Lincoln. I kinda like where Wombat's crib is. 1 Block from RedNo. And 5 minutes anywhere else.

I've thought about Wicker Park and might go there next. But it seams like once you are over there, unless you take the "L", you are forced to drive more due to more $$$ for cabs.

Where are you at B2B?????

BouncyBoy... you get use to the sounds. Alot of streets in Chicago it gets to quite and I kinda get scared. It just doesn't seem like it should be so quite. You qould be really suprised.

------------------

BirdJ.jpg

[This message has been edited by birdj (edited 05-18-2001).]

I started out on the Lake in south boyztown on Sheridan. Not bad, lotta of girlies w/ no competition. Then moved west to Fullerton by 90/94. We had a big pad - 2 floors and threw a bunch a great parties there. Now I live at Belmont and Lincoln. I kinda like where Wombat's crib is. 1 Block from RedNo. And 5 minutes anywhere else.

I've thought about Wicker Park and might go there next. But it seams like once you are over there, unless you take the "L", you are forced to drive more due to more $$$ for cabs.

Where are you at B2B?????

BouncyBoy... you get use to the sounds. Alot of streets in Chicago it gets to quite and I kinda get scared. It just doesn't seem like it should be so quite. You qould be really suprised.

I am at 750 North Dearborn... got an amazing view (26 floor), buty the prob wit these high rises is the walls..

Yeh wombats in a good area.. nearest club to me is Excalibure (puke).

------------------

b2b6.GIF

Still that is a great area B2B. The heart of Chicago almost. Close to all the bars, the lake, and transportation. Betcha got a great view.

Yeh got a lake view, kinda through the buildings and John hancock and the YMCA out my bedroom window!!. But yeh it's a 4 minute walk to the beach.

------------------

b2b6.GIF

I would love to move into the city but I don't think I could deal with the commute. I work in Downers Grove and I live in the same town so I'm spoiled with a nice short drive. I wouldn't want to deal with the hour to work and then an hour back, plus trying to find parking. I've been stuck with that a couple of times and it's insane. I'm definitely the city type though.

------------------