Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Did anyone see Psycho at Rive Gauche Last Night?

bouncyboy

No, but I saw the "fashion show" at RedNo5 last night..

It typified everything I hate about 'scenes' and how they contribute to the separation of men and women..

I'm sure the girls were all nice, and for the owner of hotthreads, I applaud anyone who has the courage and conviction to go after their dreams and run a business..

BUT..

"look but dont touch"... girls elevated on platforms above everyone else displaying their stuff while guys are down below staring, hooting, and screaming..

The guys in the back by the front bar made me want to puke.. A group of 8-10 40 somethings dressed in their hick style getting drunk and making comments.. "look at that ass"... "aww yeah come to daddy'..

I felt like I was at a strip club...

Of course, all the glam chicks who showed up for the show, left as soon as it was over..

By the time I realized how lame it was, it was too late to head down to Rive Gauche for the free cover... so I stayed for another hour, listened to some house, and left.

How was the bitch?? How was the crowd?? Someone give me the scoop.. I hear she may be playing there Thursdays on a regular basis.

now they have the right musical talent, all they need is the right crowd, I felt like I was hanging out at a community college club the last time I was there. Don't get me wrong, the staff itself makes that place worth going to, but the people suck.

------------------

b_md_wht.gif

for about 2 hours my wife gave me every detail of the evening she had at Rive Gauce. Apparently it was a good time. It goes without saying that Psycho has a big local following but her own personal entourage of friends are along too and they're all fun people to be around. Psycho played a lot of the anthem type music and my wife met a lot of the people and just had a blast with the regular clubbers.

The rest of the crowd was almost all dudes and a bunch of people who really couldn't let loose on the dance floor and it cleared out early. But, based on the fun that I missed out on, I think I'll have to tag along for the next time Psycho spins at Rive Guache. The word now is: Psychobitch Thursdays at Rive Gauche.

cool.. at least there's some place new to go on the off thursdays when PURE has mediocre/unknown talent at RedNo5.

they might have to start doing the 'ladies night' thing to compete with all the other clubs which have no cover for women on wed/thurs.