Clubplanet Nightlife Community

ho hum...is it a boring weekend to come???? hope not!

bouncyboy

Let's see... Friday?? Don't know yet.. But Circus????? Uh I don't know about that one...

Saturday... Beatle's band and then???

Haven't heard anything about body, but I heard that Venue is a cool place. It was formerly Fuse, and I guess now that they changed it a little it's pretty cool. And there is never a cover.

------------------

b_md_wht.gif

So what does everyone have planned for this weekend??? I know bouncy wants to see that beatles band...but what is everyone else doing???

There is the Belmont/Sheffield Street Fest, Hello Dave is playing at 3pm on Saturday, I love them.

Friday Circus is opening a new VIP room, and they said playboy's women are going to be there too for you men.

what else??? anyone???

Have you guys herd about the new club opening next Friday called Body??

------------------

0b32d3c0.gif Life is only complicated because you make it so. Remember what it was like to live carefree - and live that way again!

Well, I can safely say I have no plans whatsoever for the weekend. I'm pretty much up for anything but I don't think I'll be going to the Beatles thing. Was just never a huge fan. I'll play follow the leader this weekend, and I'm not the leader.

------------------

"I am of the opinion that my life belongs to the community... and as long as I live, it is my privilege to do for it whatever I can. I want to be thoroughly used up when I die, for the harder I work, the more I live. I rejoice in life for its own sake. Life is no brief candle to me. It is a sort of splendid torch which I have got hold of for a moment and I want to make it burn as brightly as possible before handing it on to future generations."

-- George Bernard Shaw, Irish Playwright (Energize)

Originally posted by kimberlyco:

Friday Circus is opening a new VIP room, and they said playboy's women are going to be there too for you men.

what else??? anyone???

If anyone is interested in going to Circus I have a card for VIP entry and free cocktails for one and a guest.

I guess that they are opening a two new VIP rooms... "The Skylight" and "The Bedroom".... Hmmmmm

------------------

bartender_blinking_md_wht.gif

Here's an idea... You buy the shots and I'll make the toast... -CB

CB, you coming out at all this weekend? If you are we could meet up before hand. If I decide to go to Circus friday I would defenately be interested in that card for free cover and drinks... Let me know what your plans are..

------------------

b_md_wht.gif

Originally posted by bouncyboy:

CB, you coming out at all this weekend? If you are we could meet up before hand. If I decide to go to Circus friday I would defenately be interested in that card for free cover and drinks... Let me know what your plans are..

Sounds good, we'll def have to set something up tomorrow...

Kim, you still goin? How about meeting up in "the bedroom"??? lol!

------------------

Here's an idea... You buy the shots and I'll make the toast... -CB

Kimco:

I was going to tell you how brave you were for going to circus on playboy "fashion show" night 'til I checked and found out the "fashion show" is the 8th. [not that i was planning in joining that stroke-fest or anything].

Anyone going to check out the circus vip stuff might want to check that the skylight + bedroom open at midnight on fri/sat b/c i'm looking at something that says it opens on the 2nd. [i also thought the opening was tied into a $$ party ted widen's throwing for the launch of a print version of chicago-scene on sat.)

------------------

"So heed my words and live; wait not til tomorrow's dawn!

But pick life's roses now--today--before they're gone".-Pierre de Ronsard

Disco-02.gif

The messageboard was shut down yesterday so they could do some maintenance and install some new software in an attempt to improve it, but it obvioulsy seems to have failed. They probably need to work out the kinks still.

As for Circus, i might be up for it, we'll see. I'm gonna call some friends and see what they're all up too, maybe they would like to go with.

------------------

"I am of the opinion that my life belongs to the community... and as long as I live, it is my privilege to do for it whatever I can. I want to be thoroughly used up when I die, for the harder I work, the more I live. I rejoice in life for its own sake. Life is no brief candle to me. It is a sort of splendid torch which I have got hold of for a moment and I want to make it burn as brightly as possible before handing it on to future generations."

-- George Bernard Shaw, Irish Playwright (Energize)

I'm gonna try and make the Derrick Carter/Green Velvet show tonight.. I havent been to metro in many years so it'll be a nice return.

Saturday - Sean Cusick @ Transit.. He is one of NYC's better known 'opening acts'.. He does a great job.. hopefully he brings the NYC, dark, tribal sound with him.. plus its free.. I havent been to Transit since it opened, i'm anxious to hear the new sound system and see if the crowd/vibe has changed since Medusa has started promoting it.

Transit's sound and lighting system kicks ass. Probably the best in Chicago. And the vibe in that place is really good. The staff has lightened up a bit and the crowd is always plentiful, but the place is so big that it is never overcrowded. It is a great place, the only thing that was keeping me from going more was the 20$ cover, but now that you can get on the list via email I may start popping in there a little bit more often, we went there to see D:Fuse, but his sounds ruined the night. I am going to stay away from that guy for a long time.

------------------

b_md_wht.gif

Transit's sound and lighting system kicks ass. Probably the best in Chicago. And the vibe in that place is really good. The staff has lightened up a bit and the crowd is always plentiful, but the place is so big that it is never overcrowded. It is a great place, the only thing that was keeping me from going more was the 20$ cover, but now that you can get on the list via email I may start popping in there a little bit more often, we went there to see D:Fuse, but his sounds ruined the night. I am going to stay away from that guy for a long time.

screw-up hit return isntead of tab...

------------------

Disco-02.gif

[This message has been edited by fiatmusica (edited 06-01-2001).]

Don't you mean that you'll bouncing in there? P-Popping was a month ago...j/k

I'm strongly reconsidering my 11 p.m. plans...may see all you'all there.

P.S. Kimco: its starting to look like i'm going to be wrong about the weather--it's pretty nice right now

------------------

Disco-02.gif

So what does everyone have planned for this weekend???

There is the Belmont/Sheffield Street Fest, Hello Dave is playing at 3pm on Saturday, I love them.

what else??? anyone???

]

My plans...kinda long

On friday I'm definitely going to Green velvet Derrick carter at the metro...I may (25% chance) go to "1st Fridays at the MCA) b/c i haven't been in like 6 months and jess de la pena is spinning first.

Sat-i live on sheffield (north of wrigley) but i prob wont go to the street fest b/c the weathers supposed to suck and i might be at work dtown

I am definitely going to Gallery 312 (312 N May) for an opening of an exhibit which combines dj stuff and painting. The painter is a guy Dzine who started as a graffiti artist and went legit--he's pretty big in euorpe and japan. The dj's are madrid--one of the few--if not only 2step dj in chicago--say him the motionness party on the el 2 weeks ago and he was pretty good and DJ cam-from paris--whose supposed to e awesome. That's $5 and goes from 7-11. I think it also may be a Guidance record release as well. Dunno about a bar.

Next either transit--which is pretty close to the gallery--where one of twilo's lesser-known residents will be there. Its a ur chicago deal (get in for $5, free drinks early, etc) or to the smart bar for dj cam part II (this is confusing b/c its being billed as "a special early set")but its clearly part of the gallery thing (it has the same title, "a search for love". (Dzine and DJ cam do this thing where Dzine paints to "accompany" the music...and i'm hoping they do this one place or the other.) Rightnow I'm probably passing on transit. (of course if cam sucks at the gallery that will change)

Possibily the crobar latenite...

------------------

Disco-02.gif

Nothing, that's what I'm doing. I was hoping for a Saturday/Sunday blowout but after a trip to Texas and back and the cold rainy weather my health let me down. Now I sit here on Saturday night sniffling and hacking. Not what I was hoping for but I get to catch up on my reading. Hope you all are having a good time. Post on how the weekend went. Ill have to check out Transit, never been there.

Peace and Stuff, Chaos

------------------

Remember, Incase Of Fire You Need To Stop, Drop And…

This is from Bmitch, Bouncy Boy, and I...

(people not on the board...debbie, Kris, and Qunicy...)

TRANSIT WAS THE SHIZZZNET....

IT IS 4am

We had a amazing time, wish you were all were there. Glad you came CityBartender.

We need to get another meetup together... next weekend, Bmitch has a friend flying out from Boston... Let show her what a good time chi-town is!!!!!!!!

STILL ROCKING ON!!!!! ..... LOVE YOU GUYS....

BMITCH.. BOUNCY BOY... AND KIMBERLYCO!!!!!

TRANSIT WAS THE SHIZZZNET....

!

That's for sure! I wish I could have stayed longer.

I have to admit that 3 months of partyin; 1)Drinking 2)Smoking and 3)Feelin Good has taken it's toll!!! Hence, last night's Departure Johnny.

Everyone have a great week!

-CB

------------------

A bit of bar wisdom: Women are good at faking orgasams... But men are better at faking whole relantionships! -CB

Now that I am sober, I can honestly say that Transit saturday was the most fun I have had in a long time. The music was slammin, the lights were outrageous and the crowd didn't stop moving all night. Sean Cusick was the shit... hopefully he will be around again really soon. And if he is, I won't miss it for anything. So when are we going to schedule another meetup? I suggest we wait until B2B and Diesel are both back...

------------------

b_md_wht.gif