Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Dragon Room, making a come back???

bouncyboy

LAUNCH OF SATURDAY NIGHT

DRAGON ROOM

Saturday, June 9, 2001

WHERE: DRAGON ROOM, 809 W. Evergreen (South of North Ave & West of Halsted) in Chicago. A spacious three level-loft space with Far East flavor (even serving Sushi & Sake on the main level)... People come to the dark, red-lit room for the tri-fold dance/lounge/bar experience ... and each level provides a different vibe and distinct music. It's what continually attracts a big crowd far into the night to Dragon Room's hidden locale (look for the Tiki Poles)!

COVER: Ony $5.00 for our guests from 9:30 till Midnight ($20.00 cover if you are not on the list)

DRINKS: UR will be buying the drinks from 9:30 till 11:00 p.m. for our guests

SOUNDS: 3 levels with 3 styles... Starting in the Underground Lounge with DJ's DAVE DOBIE & MICHELLE MUSIAL (bringing there successful MAD BAR event to DRAGON ROOM), discover 2-STEP UK GARAGE, the newest sound impacting clubs from coast to coast. On the Main Floor DJ WORLD & EDDIE MILLS OF LIQUID SOUL will be spinning house, hip-hop & old school. Upstairs, in the VIP, DJ's ERIC ROSS & KEITH FORMAN will be tag-teaming, spinning the sounds that resulted in their yearly summer appearances in IBIZA's world famous clubs and parties, BERLIN'S LOVE PARADE & throughout London's hottest clubs, as well as TWILO in NYC, GIANT in CA, and BUZZ in DC. A hot night of talent with a lot of variety.

------------------

b_md_wht.gif

Originally posted by xlovestarx:

Hey BouncyBoy! If you like Drum & Bass at all, you should check out whats going on @ Dragon Room this Friday....Danny The Wildchild & Terry Mullan! Can't beat that!! cwm38.gif

Is Terry Mullan doing a D&B set?

------------------

I want to go out blazing..not fade away.

Trust in the currency of relationships, it's hard to earn but easy to loose - back2basics

b2b6.GIF

Is there a place where Dragon Room's line-up is posted?

I'm assuming Danny & Terry Mullan were this past weekend, is that right? Anybody go? I definitely would have loved to have been there.

------------------

wombat3.gif

IF THERE'S A WILL THERE'S A WAY...IF THERE'S A WAY ...I WILL

Originally posted by bouncyboy:

Wombat buddy, I thought you were dead? I got the lineup for this past saturday at <A HREF="/cgi-bin/redir.cgi?url=http://www.urchicago.com" TARGET=_blank>www.urchicago.com</A> but I don't think they have a lineup any where else. I guess look around for flyers.

Dead?, Nah far from it. The provider I had for DSL went out of business and I've been using 56k which is obviously slow as hell so it gets annoying waiting for posts to go through. I also went home to CT this weekend so missed getting to hang out w/ all you guys. I know it's tough cause your in the burbs and all but but redno will be go'n off this Thurs.

Will I see any of you guys there?

------------------

wombat3.gif

RedNoFive, thursday, Angelist, Derrek Carter... I was already planning on being there. I think Kim was interested in coming too. I guess we will be seeing you there. What are your plans for the rest of the weekend?

------------------

b_md_wht.gif

Haven't heard a damn thing yet. I am sure something will come up later in the week. I was hoping maybe you had some inside wombat scoop on what was going on. Have you heard from B2B at all over the weekend? He was supposed to meet up with us and never showed.

------------------

b_md_wht.gif

Nah, this weekend I was out of town. Didn't speak w/ anyone.

I checked out the UR site and wasn't able to find any Dragon Room schedule. Actually I spent like a second looking for it then went to the galleries and checked out the redno images from May 5th (just interested cause I had friends from home in town and we were there) and all 3 galleries from that night are from 5th floor and not redno. It took like 8 years for all the images to open too.

Anyway let me know what's happenen when you find out .

peace

------------------

wombat3.gif

Hey BB--in case your interested. I am unsure of who they have spinnin next weekend, but Friday, June 22 they have Lego and some other house dj's. Should be pretty good. I will try to get the rest of the lineup for you! :P

------------------

R U nauti 2?

Hey BB--in case your interested. I am unsure of who they have spinnin next weekend, but Friday, June 22 they have Lego and some other house dj's. Should be pretty good. I will try to get the rest of the lineup for you! :P

------------------

R U nauti 2?

Originally posted by nauti5:

Actually Lovestar* posted the june line-up in the in Bigsis's "Where to go for dnB" thread. if you missed it then, here it is again. Note the all-important e-mail address for the free admission--b4 midnite-- <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/guestlists/" TARGET="_blank"> guest list</A> at the end of the post!

-----------------------------------------

STARTING THIS WEEKEND!!!!!!

JOIN THE DRAGON ROOM

EVERY FRIDAY AND SATURDAY

THIS JUNE FOR

element

&

HEAVY

Element June Line- UP

FRIDAY JUNE 8th

On the Main Floor-

Special Guest DJ TERRY MULLAN

With residents AARON CHASE & PAUL ANTHONY

On the Drum and Bass Level-

Special Guest DJ DANNY THA WILDCHILD

With resident PHIX

One the Hip Hop Level-

Special Guest DJ’s JAY JAY & HAROLD HISO

FRIDAY JUNE 15th

On the Main Floor-

Special Guest DJ COMMON FACTOR

With residents DJ’s MATTY & Ry-N

Special Guest DJ LEE

With residents FLIPSIDE, GLYDE & KEVIN CUNNINGHAM

On the Hip Hop Level-

FRIDAY JUNE 22nd

On the Main Floor-

Special Guest DJ LEGO

With residents DJ’s TB & JEVON JACKSON

Special Guest DJ SHIMON

With residents Ry-N & KEVIN CUNNINGHAM

On the Hip Hop Level-

FRIDAY JUNE 29th

On the Main Level-

Special Guest DJ CLAUDE YOUNG

With residents DJ’s TRANSLUCENT- W/LIVE TRUMPET & DISTORTION

Special Guest JJ JELLY BEAN

With resident DJ’s PHANTOM 45, SNUGGELS, PHIX & DR. GROO

Starting Saturday June 9, 2001 @10pm

Join your Hosts ARTURO, TADIO, BRAD TICE & MARCOS for

HEAVY

Featuring

uk 2 step garage

In the underground lounge

dj world and eddie mills (of liquid soul)

spin house, hip hop and old school on the main floor

eric ross and keith forhman

spin in the essential lounge

DRAGON ROOM

809 W Evergreen

Chicago, Illinois 60622

312-751-2900

EMAIL US AT dragonroomchicago@netzero.net to be added to the <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/guestlists/" TARGET="_blank"> guest list</A>

for complimentary admission for you and a guest before midnight – all <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/guestlists/" TARGET="_blank">

guest lists</A> must be emailed before noon on the Friday prior to the event.

Please Specify which night you want us to add you to!!!!!!!

------------------

"He sought to know all things, but nothing did he learn"

-Gerard de Nerval

Disco-02.gif