Clubplanet Nightlife Community

friday night

fiatmusica

on friday Music 101 (the people who used to be behind the mad bar) are having a three-venue bastille day party with a bunch of french djs. Go to www.urchicago.com

for more info...

BASTILLE DAY: THE WHITE PARTY

LE PASSAGE

Friday, July 13, 2001

WHERE: LE PASSAGE, 1 Oak Place (in the alley next to Le Colonial on Rush Street) in Chicago. This club is an easy choice when selecting a destination to celebrate BASTILLE DAY... from the name to the imported from France hand painted walls and fabrics, it screams SACRE BOOM! And in combination with ARMAN (formerly of Mad Bar) and MUSIC 101 (also host to the hot M20 party every Thursday night at Le Passage), the international French talent guarantee that this room will be partying hard till 4:00 a.m.!

COVER: $20.00 per person with guaranteed admission for our guests. Doors open at 9:00 p.m. with the featured DJ's beginning at 1:00 a.m. and the club going strong till 4:00 a.m.

DRINKS: Sorry... no drink deal for this event... just WHITE HOT talent!

SOUNDS: Remixer/Producer/DJ extraordinaire FRANCOIS KEVORKIAN ... aka FRANCOIS K (Wave Music). Having been in the business longer than anybody, FRANCOIS K is one of a few DJ's to have played all three of NY's legendary clubs: The Loft, Paradise Garage & Studio 54. Born and raised in the outskirts of Paris in 1954, Francois K. moved to New York in 1975 to pursue a career as a drumme. He landed his first drumming gig alongside disco DJ Walter Gibbons @ Galaxy 21. After spending many nights studying Gibbons' mixing skills, he began to record sound mixes of his own. In 1978 he did a remix of Musique's "Push Push in the Bush" which became a major disco cut and sold a million coppies. He went on to work for Axis Productions in 1982, with artists such as Kraftwerk, U2, The Cure and Diana Ross. A few years later he started Axis Studios where his client list included Madonna, Todd Terry, Mary J. Blige, Dee-Lite... the list goes on & on. More recently he started NY's infamous all-day "Body & Soul" party, with a vibe reminiscent of the Loft and Paradise Garage. He plays house deep & funky, soulful & jazzy, and remains in high-demand worldwide as both a top remixer and DJ. He will be playing in conjuctions with Cyrl K (Paris) and Superjane's LADY D (Chicago).

DRESS CODE: Appropriate club attire required.

Big talent, hot club, over the top night... Bastille Day will never be the same!

BASTILLE DAY: THE RED PARTY

REDNOFIVE/5TH FLOOR

Friday, July 13, 2001

WHERE: REDNOFIVE/5TH FLOOR, 440 N. Halsted in Chicago. Rednofive/5th Floor is known nationally for the red hot international DJ talent that appears weekly at this club ... moving the house on two levels, with a sensory awakening light & sound system that is not to be believed. Combined with a great staff, friendly crowd that is into the music and low pretension levels common amongst those who are into the music, Rednofive/5th Floor is at the forefront and a great venue to kick it for ARMAN (formerly of MAD BAR) and MUSIC 101's Bastille Day celebration!

COVER: Our guests pay only $5.00 from 10 till 11:30 p.m. to get into one of the hottest clubs in the city! ($15.00 cover for guests not on our list.)

DRINKS: UR will be buying the drinks from 10 p.m. till 11 p.m. for our guests for a private kick-off to celebrate Bastille Day!

SOUNDS: DJ YELLOW (Yellow Productions) and DJ DEEP (Astalwerks). DJ DEEP got his start spinning over ten years ago alongside DJ sensation Laurent Garnier at "The Boy Club." In 1995, he and Garnier were residents at the famous "Wake-Up" parties at the Rex club, bringing in superstar talent such as Lil' Louis, Derrick May and DJ Pierre for their first French exposure. BPM Magazine hailed DEEP as being "one of the leaders in the underground French House movement," which, in recent years, has gained international recognition in the music industry. His "Respect is Burning" volume has sold hundreds of thousands of copies across the world. DJ YELLOW, with his funk and jazz influence, has developed a Brazilian rhythm which he is now famous for, making him one of France's leading DJ's. You will personally see his passion and love for the hottest funky and jazzy tracks known throughout clubs worldwide. Spinning alongside local DJ's DIZ & V, rounding up the bill for a big night of sound on both levels!

DRESS CODE: Comfortable club attire.

Definately a great venue for underground house... A combination of lighting, sound and vibe that makes this club one of my favorites in Chicago!

BASTILLE DAY: BLUE PARTY

F STOP: MUSIC 101'S WEEKLY FRIDAY NIGHT

Friday, July 13, 2001

WHERE: F STOP: MUSIC 101'S WEEKLY FRIDAY NIGHT, TRANSIT, 1431 W. Lake Street in Chicago, IL. ARMAN (formerly of MAD BAR) & MUSIC 101 will be taking over Transit (one of the most impressive club spaces in the country) in their three club salute to Bastille Day! Place the talent that MUSIC 101 has imported for this evening on top of Transit's powerful sound, intelligent lighting, and constantly changing visual environment ... not to mention "the Blue Room," one of the Chicago's most popular VIP rooms, this party will be BLUE hot!

COVER: No cover for the ladies on our list from 9 till 11:00 p.m. Guys pay only $5.00 from 9 till 11:00 p.m. if they are on our list. ($15.00 cover for guests not on our list.)

DRINKS: UR will be hosting a Bastille Day Cocktail reception and buying the drinks from 9 till 11:00 p.m. for our guests.

SOUNDS: DJ NEIL ALINE (Chez Records)was born in Tahiti and raised in PARIS... but New York Club Culture wouldn't be the same without ALINE. He gigs there regularly, hosty a radio show on WNYU and has released tracks on Chez, which alone has made a lot of noise since its start in 1999. He spins it all: deep house, vocals, disco-style cuts and percussive, tribal beats. Collabrating with the Parisian promoters "Respect is Burning," ALINE organizes tours nationwide, exposing the masses to the sexy sounds of deep-seated, French flavored soul. ALINE WILL be spinning in conjuction with DJ PEPE BRADOCK, one of the hottest talents in PARIS today. BRADOCK began his musical career at the early age of 14 with various Parisian Jazz Funk Bands ... his love for a wider range of sound and hypnotic mixing style makes him one of the most versatile DJs in the world. BRADOCK has spent most of his recent years DJing around the globe and the rest of the time in the studio, which is why catching a PEPE BRADOCK show is a unique and NOT TO BE MISSED EVENT! ... spinning alongside Chicagoan's DJ DAYHOTA & DJ GREG NORWOOD... a big night of music!

DRESS CODE: Appropriate club attire required.

MUSIC 101 is offering a great deal for everyone at the BLUE PARTY... you will recieve discounted admission (only $10.00) for the RED PARTY that will be going on at REDNOFIVE till 4:00 a.m. (discount begins at 1:30 a.m.)

------------------

"He sought to know all things, but nothing did he learn"

-Gerard de Nerval

Disco-02.gif

i agree...this weekend is going to be brutal on the wallet w/ the jaxx, this, and warren.

so...we can meet at the hunt club or one of the other fine division/rush establishments...j/k

or we could meet a little further west over in B2B-land...celtic crossings maybe?

------------------

-Gerard de Nerval

Disco-02.gif

Nice guys much respect this could be one of the best nights in a while.

FK kicks arse when i went to Body & soul he wasn't playing, but in London he was great. So yeah not rush street, fuck dat. Celtic sounds good.

You have also saved my life, i have just ben roped in to taking a girl out. I don't like here, but she is very forcefull wink.gif So i need some moral support.

Guys this is going to be a expensive, but well worth it weekend.

Anybody get powder, that's what PM's are for wink.gif

------------------

I want to go out blazing..not fade away.

Trust in the currency of relationships, it's hard to earn but easy to loose - back2basics

b2b6.GIF

Originally posted by back2basics-:

You have also saved my life, i have just ben roped in to taking a girl out. I don't like here, but she is very forcefull wink.gif So i need some moral support.

This wouldn't be the chick you work with with the hat made of tin foil, would it?

cwm1.gifcwm1.gif

------------------

-Gerard de Nerval

Disco-02.gif

B2B, talked to my buddy, tomorrow is a go. I will get home from work around 6-630, meetup with him around 7 and then head to your place around 8, I'll be at your door at about 9am. Not sure if anyone is coming with me yet or not, but I will defenately be there...

------------------

b_md_clr.gifb_md_clr.gif

AOL IM BouncyBy

Originally posted by fiatmusica:

This wouldn't be the chick you work with with the hat made of tin foil, would it?

cwm1.gifcwm1.gif

LMA®O!!!

Yeh she's a babe!

Yeh so tommorow, we will probably be having a pre-pre-meetup round at my half furnished apartment. I live orund the back of the Celtic. Fiat email me at dback2basics@hotmail.com so we can sort details before tommorow.

All is looking good smile.gif

------------------

I want to go out blazing..not fade away.

Trust in the currency of relationships, it's hard to earn but easy to loose - back2basics

b2b6.GIF