Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Paper Moon in Georgetown

eggmok

Wow!

You must have a reason for that. I would love to hear it. Everyone I have ever talked to who has come there since I started promoting there on fridays a couple of months ago has told me that it is the best they have been to. I've heard that before we took over doing friday night a couple of months ago it really sucked but that's the way things are. I wasn't there then so I don't know what they were doing.

We are different from even saturday night. I have been on a saturday and I don't like it. Fridays is like 5 girls to every guy, everyone is very nice, no fights, great music, elegant atmosphere, etc. So what's not to like?

Do you hate international people and music?

Do you hate beautiful elegant environments?

Its been recently redesigned by the way.

What exactly don't you like about Paper Moon fridays the way it is now?

The way I look at it, if all those hot girls like it better than all the other clubs then I must be doing something right.

Hello fellow party people,

I promote for the Paper Moon in Georgetown, DC on friday nights.

This friday I will be throwing a European party there.

Fridays at Paper Moon is always a very international night with music and speacial drinks from around the world. We have an extreemly diverse crowd and we love it that way. If you think you would like to come check it out for free on my <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/guestlists/" TARGET="_blank">Guest List</A> this friday night, Please email me at mlaibson@hotmail.com

I have a hard time believing that there is a diverse crowd in Georgetown. First of all, there are alot of tourists in that area. Second, alot of the frat boy types hang around there. Third, (and nothing can be done about this) but its DC. Its a great city to work and live in, but the night life just falls short. No matter how great you say it is, there will always be something missing.

Good luck with the promoting anyways. Hope the frat boys don't invade your parties!

<<<PEACE>>>

------------------

"...I'm going to show them a world, without you. A world without rules and

controls, without borders or boundaries. A world where anything is possible.

Where we go from there is the choice I leave to you." -THE MATRIX

I think the fraternity guys like the bars more. They probably wouldn't like all the latin and persian and other world music we play. I know about 150 au-pair girls from all over the world and I invite them fridays to Paper Moon. There are also a good amount of asian and latin people who come there. The guy I work for is Arab but he doesn't like his own people to come because he says that they are uncontrolable and rude when they get drunk. Hehe. I have seen him get pretty blitzed and he was just funny and the persians who do come are some of the nicest people I've met there so I don't know what he is talking about. They even invite me to come party with them after the club closes. Its funny, one of the arab girls name is Abeers. You make your own joke.

It definately is a good mix of all the nationalities and I hope it stays that way. I love it!

I met a group of girls from california there a couple of weeks ago and they liked it so much that they will be flying in friday to come to Paper Moon and then flying back home on saturday. They are a nice mix of girls, some are latin, filipina, white, etc. They work for the airlines so they get to fly for free. This one girl monica is talking to me about taking me on a vacation to Amsterdam. We will stay with an au-pair girl I know who has already gone back home. Damn, I love this promoting gig.

If you would like to just see for yourself what it's like, come in for free on my <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/guestlists/" TARGET="_blank">guest list</A> this friday.

FROM YOUR DESCRIPTION, THE PAPERMOON CROWD HASN'T CHANGED IN THE LAST THREE YEARS. PRETTY DIVERSE, MAYBE. I HEARD ABOUT THAT PLACE THREE YEARS AGO WHEN I ASKED MY FRIEND, WHO IS AFGHANI, WHERE ALL HIS CREW HANGS OUT. IT WAS PAPERMOON. THERE'S A COUPLE OTHER PLACES LIKE THAT, THEY'RE CALLED OZIO AND PLATINUM. IF YOU WANT NIGHTLIFE, VISIT NYC. DC IS WEAK PAPERMOON IS AT THE BOTTOM OF THE DC TOTEM POLE.

I could promote for ozio and platinum right now but I don't like them as much. Well, I love to look at the hot asian girls at platinum but I don't really like the club much.

I like the club I promote for because of the beautiful elegant environment and the wonderful people. I also think Salsa and Meringue dancing are more fun and beautiful than the way people dance to other music.

However, this friday(tomorrow) I told the DJ to mix in some great 80's dance remixes. Now I know that people will either hate it or love it so I told him to just mix in a few for the people like me who really love it.

I don't think I would want this place to be like an NY or Miami club. My cousin promotes for the hottest clubs in south beach and I have been to them this summer. It was fun to look at but I couldn't stand the people. Guys were hitting on me, girls looked fake, and everyone was on x. Now, I am not against gays or fake girls with fake tits, eyebrows, eyelashes, hair, nose, too much makeup, tattoos, and piercing's ,and I am not against drugs. I just don't like that scene as much as DC clubs. Sorry. I like it when people dress up nice and look and act respectable. Nice people who I can talk to as well as dance with. The people I have met at paper moon have become close friends. My cousin tells me that that just doesn't happen in Miami and NY where she goes. She says it is so superficial. That may just be her experiance or an over generalization but I don't want Paper moon to be like that.

Man, you gotta stop trying so hard. It looks like you're desperate trying to talk up Paer Moon and DC. Perhaps you need to get out of town more often.

I've been to the clubs in NYC and I've actually made pretty good friends there. It really doesn't matter what city you are in, if you're a nice person, then you're gonna meet other nice people.

Anyways, good luck with promoting in DC.

------------------

"...I'm going to show them a world, without you. A world without rules and

controls, without borders or boundaries. A world where anything is possible.

Where we go from there is the choice I leave to you." -THE MATRIX

• 2 years later...
Guest jroo

no fights at papermoon?? i was there halloween two years ago, there was practicaly a gang war outside after the place closed, thank God it was halloween and there were a lot of cops already there.

when i was there it was alright, i havent been back since and its been like 2 years, so that should say something. the music was wierd, presian trance/house. some of the girls were hot. but yeah, its like platinum , but in platinum some times you can see good dancers in there. i havent been to platinum in well over a year and half as well.

im not trying to be negative with the paper moon... im really not

Thanks for the info on your party at Paper Moon on Fridays. We will check it out.

Most of the people on the DC boards on this site are into clubs like Nations or DJ's at Insomnia-Glow. I find it amusing that so many people on this board diss DC clubs/nightlife. DC isnt NYC or South Beach, but depending on the party and DJ's, DC is better then 90 % of the rest of the country; when it comes to clubs.

Anyone who has been to paper moon knows its not frat boy type of club. Its international-euro. So if thats not your scene, then dont go.

Originally posted by Sapexec

Thanks for the info on your party at Paper Moon on Fridays. We will check it out.

Most of the people on the DC boards on this site are into clubs like Nations or DJ's at Insomnia-Glow. I find it amusing that so many people on this board diss DC clubs/nightlife. DC isnt NYC or South Beach, but depending on the party and DJ's, DC is better then 90 % of the rest of the country; when it comes to clubs.

Anyone who has been to paper moon knows its not frat boy type of club. Its international-euro. So if thats not your scene, then dont go.

Yo, this thread is like 3 years old.