Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Questions about Buzz/Nation

i think im driving down on june 8 to catch deep dish and danny howells...

how is this place? small..large? good sound?

is there a dress code?

how much is the cover?

one more thing..what about parking in the vicinity...i dont think i want to leave my car in some ghetto area so ill have to work around that if the area is pretty bad...

anyhelp is appreciated..thanks

VJ

------------------

------

AIM:Turbo SC300

------

Nation holds about 2,500 people with 3 distinct areas of music, including a large mulit-level outdoor deck and was voted best weekly club in the country by URB Magazine.

There is no dress code and cover is usually $12 before 11 and $15 after.

The parking around the club is pretty shady, but there is a paid lot directly behind the club ($10) and the attendants are usually there 'til around 4:30-5 am.

Hope this helps, enjoy your stay in the Nation's Capital.

yup, bail just about covered it. you can also check out its website at www.buzzdc.com

also, it's really close to the metro (i think it's the navy yard metro, i can't exactly remember), so you could always park somewhere else, metro in, and take a cab back to your car. that's what we usually do.

cwm11.gif

i appreciate the help..shoulda checked the website before i posted...i was mainly curious about the parking...dont wanna get my car broken into or stolen..that would not be cool at all...are those pay lots reliable? and if the attendants are there until 5...what happens then? i mean theres no one tthere when the partys over?

------------------

------

------

• 2 weeks later...

My advice.....park in the parking lots...split the costs with your buddies and its usually only a few bucks each. All of my friends have had their cars broken into or just plain jacked up with out anything even being stolen when parked around the area of the club...we even used to park on a road next to a very lighted area near a gas station and the cars still seemed to get jacked. so my advice.......park in the parking lot always! 10 bucks is a rip off but its better than a 100's of dollars in damage and alot of headache.

A lot of people on hte Twilo board say that they're coming down, too. Anyone have any recommendation on what time to show up? I've never gotten there before midnight, but we were planning to get there around 11 this time so that we can already be inside at midnight.

Hey whats up...yeah, there are some many twiloites coming down its not even funny! I'm gonna be in line by 11pm.

Look for me with my "Twiloite" t-shirt.

------------------

"I would believe only in a god who could dance."

Nietzche

i am hearing that nation regularly closes its door t 1 because theyve filled up and tehy actually respect maximum attendance so you dont feel like a sardine. I bet its crowded and the lines long...

------------------

------

------

• 10 months later...
Originally posted by Kuro

You searched for my first post? And yeah, I changed my title again a few days ago. I'll probably change it often.

i'm just bored off my ass..i also looked up random threads from a year or more ago when everyone was getting to meet everyone..lemme pull up shady's first post....

Yeah, this wuz last year..I dunno if it was me or what, but I didnt particularly feel DD on that night. It was for their Yoshiesque II CD release tour, they were here with DH that night.

This week were getting DH, Dave Ralph and Alex Whalen woo-hoo!

Originally posted by bail

Nation holds about 2,500 people with 3 distinct areas of music, including a large mulit-level outdoor deck and was voted best weekly club in the country by URB Magazine.

It's funny how the fire code inside says that no more than 1400 ppl can occupy the club at once. The fire marshall probably loves places like buzz to death!

Sopha

Originally posted by spinsaikel

It's funny how the fire code inside says that no more than 1400 ppl can occupy the club at once. The fire marshall probably loves places like buzz to death!

Sopha

lol....that's probably just for the ground floor in the main room. behind most of the bars is a sign showing the maximum allowed occupancy for the room....i think the total for the club is actually 3300 or something.