Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Webster Hall Fridays???How is it?

Don't go man, that place blows. The lights and music are actually pretty good but it's too crowded with suburbanites that go clubin' once a year and don't know shit about getting into a trance on the floor. And the bouncers practically give anal cavity searches to get in that place. If you're clubin' on a fri night, go to Vinyl, that place rocks.

------------------

B+A+C

B*REAL

I think it sucks cause the crowd is kinda lame. When I went (April) they were advertising all these European DJs... but they were European DJs that no one ever heard of. The music they were playin was nothing special and some of it was old. When I went they had Corbett and Popeye (from Switzerland or something)... they put the DJs on stage so people could see them better... but all it did was cause records to skip all night... very unprofessional of the club I thought!

Nicole

------------------

U really ought to experience Webster Hall for urself, and draw your own conclusions, but take heed to what everyone is saying.

The people who go to Webster Hall kind of resemble some of the individuals in the bar scene from "Star Wars". U r going to see some freaks of nature, that's for damn sure.

And I swear the last time i was there which was like 5 years ago, they played the entire soundtrack from "Saturday Nite Fever". No joke.

Take heed,

Peace

------------------

Good answer, The Answer, well maverick, I personnally dont like the music, crowd or vibe of webster hall, but you should check it out and decide for yourself, so you dont waist your money just use the free pass if you or anyone you know bought any of their CD's that way you wont feel like you were jipped. The one time I went to webster hall there wasnt any trance being played, it was mostly commercial dance, except for one trancy song the entire night and not a good one at that, the ATB 9pm song, the only song I liked the whole night was the confusion remix which was only played for a minute and I witnessed two brawls break out in the 3 hours I was there. I agree with you..sort of, I like the general vibe and crowd of twilo, but most of the time it gets too crowded in there that its almost impossible to dance, unless you tuck your self in the corner by the stairs, and sometimes the trance in twilo is a little on the hard side, I prefer the more airy trance that leans toward the PVD and Faithless feel, or like the tracks on the Euphoria compilations. If you find a place that spins this sort of style definitely post it.

------------------

Good answer, The Answer. I personnally dont like the music, crowd or vibe of webster hall, but you should check it out and decide for yourself, so you dont waste your money just use the free pass if you or anyone you know bought any of their CD's that way you wont feel like you were jipped. The one time I went to webster hall there wasnt any trance being played, it was mostly commercial dance, except for one trancy song the entire night and not a good one at that, the ATB 9pm song, the only song I liked the whole night was the confusion remix which was only played for a minute and I witnessed two brawls break out in the 3 hours I was there. I agree with you..sort of, I like the general vibe and crowd of twilo, but most of the time it gets too crowded in there that its almost impossible to dance, unless you tuck your self in the corner by the stairs, and sometimes the trance in twilo is a little on the hard side. What do you mean by "Good trance"- like timo mass, Quiver type or the more airy euro style. I prefer the more airy trance that leans toward the the PVD and Faithless feel, or like the tracks on the Euphoria compilations. If you find a place that spins this sort of style definitely post it.

------------------