Clubplanet Nightlife Community

oakie and roselands?

anyhow...thanks to the marvelously informed members of the board i found out about oakie and sandra collins and all...i'm looking to have a great ass time and all but i was just wondering about the venue....what's the deal? how big? capacity? what'll security be like? anyone have any info on this? htanks...

lates

------------------

The Roseland Ballroom is pretty big. That's where Brass Monkey 2 was held, and there must have been at least 2500 kids there. The security is pretty tight, b/c they normally have smaller concerts there. They have metal detectors and such. The venue itself is really nice. I wish it wasn't on a Thurs. so that I could go. Oh well...

------------------

Keep it movin'!

Corporate

djcorporate@hotmail.com

july 13 (thursday) is the date, buy your tickets through ticketmaster, i believe.

in addition, i was at roseland this past march for brass monkey 2000. the place is nice. if you get vip 'status', you can go upstairs, which is a nice balcony area. and when i was there for brass monkey, i am assuming they hired their own security guards, b/c there was no metal detectors, just a heavy pat down.

i thought that the speakers could have been better also- it was loud, but not enough bass. just loud and earsplitting.

the bathroom is kinda small for such a big venue as roseland (cap. 3000-4000 people). hopefully i will be able to make it. i got work the next day.

good luck

------------------

*kitty19*

*turn it around baby*