Clubplanet Nightlife Community

MP3's

Guest danmoro

Napster is a great idea. I download songs all the time. It's a great place to download a song to listen to it before you go out and buy it.

METALLICA BLOWS! ESPECIALLY LARS!

Check out a hilarious cartoon called Napster Bad on the whole Metallica-Napster thing at:

www.campchaos.com

As a DJ, Mp3's are the greatest thing to happen to me. I haven't seen the inside of a record store in years. With the advancements in CD mixing technology I can create a total seamless set with just burning my mp3s to CD. As far as napster goes I think its cheesy and all your going to find on there is mainstream crap & old played out stuff. I get my mp3s via FTP. (Brand new tracks&albums everyday).

Anyone interested in Frankie Pep mixes, Other DJ mixes (local&famous) &/or custom CDs contact: NEWSENSE @ 908-789-1660 or pepe5@home.com

Welcome to the wonderful world of mp3.. I have tons of mp3's, and my collection keeps getting bigger every day.. If you know the right sites, and people, you will get that certain track waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay before it gets released, or if it even gets released..

Anyone that wants to trade, I'm always up for it.. biggrin.gif

------------------

F U...

Originally posted by dschwed:

If everyone is interested I can give people access to my FTP server and people can freely upload and download songs. Let me know if anyone is intrested. If so I will start making accounts for people.

Lets do it bro.. My e-mail is tranza52@yahoo.com

Send me all the info.. I have a Ftp server already..

My Aol IM is tranza52 if you want to chat..

------------------

F U...

[This message has been edited by tranza (edited 06-22-2000).]

Just started w/Napster a couple months ago. It's ok but a lot of songs are not complete. It's a great place to looking for specific songs if you want them quickly but there are tons of places.

Definitely interested in the ftp deal. My email is sarahhannah@hotmail.com. Let me know. Thanks in advance for the tunes!

SH

Originally posted by lo2o0o:

yo Im down for that my email is lo2000@mindspring.com

im - mikenyc1013

I have a ton of shit too.......

Lo... Sup bro? Did you get that " TRACK " that everyone is still looking for yet?? I got one of the 2.. IM me later or e-mail me..

------------------

F U...

Have you seen www.myplay.com ?

Very cool. They give you 3GB to store MP3s, then you can make playlists of your music to share with others and you can actually play their MP3 playlists too. They have it broken down by genre and some people actually put together some pretty good playlists...

------------------

- DaVe

dave@clubplanet.com

clubplanet.com - nightlifestyle™

I think it's disgusting taking money away from over worked and under paid music stars;-)

But seriously if I like a song (especially if it's an independent label) I will buy it. I think most people find it easier to copy tracks from the big labels but smaller labels rely on the 10,000 sales they get to bring new talent through. Sony etc will never do this.

------------------

I want to go out blazing not fade away.

top.gif

Originally posted by back2basics:

I think it's disgusting taking money away from over worked and under paid music stars;-)

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?!?!?! UNDERPAID?!?!?! LMAO... Obviously you have no idea how much money these djs/producers make.. 1-2 weeks tops in the studio, and there making thousands of dollars for one remix.. A few mp3's isnt gonna hurt their pocket anyway.. And it's not even them that complain, it's the record labels..

------------------

F U...

Not to be offensive Pep, but as a DJ i think you should use vinyl regardless of the advances in technology because not buying vinyl will kill the underground, the commercial mixes will always be there regardless, the vicious'& hex hector's will always make their money with radio happy vocal mixes they don't rely on vinyl sales, but most everything else does, if enough people think like that there will be no more music because if i produce a song, someone rips it then 100's and 100's of people have it, no one buys the record/cd and therefore i can't afford to make anymore songs because im not making money...it isn't the same for big bands like metallica they've already made millions so fuck them as far as the napster thing goes, but for the underground i think it's bad because it will kill the true art of DJing which started and should continue with vinyl and it will put artists out...its good for circulation of new talent but we all know it isn't used for promo purposes...

Keep It Real...The Underground Will Live Forever, Always Living Never Dying...

Mac

------------------

"Music is my mistress, and she plays second fiddle to no one." Louis Armstrong

FeelTheseBeats@aol.com