Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Vitamins/party helpers?

I'm headed to Ibiza this weekend for 10 days, which means lots of hot sun, dancing, lack of sleep, and, well, some uh, other party favours. This combination would seem to lead to physical exhaustion. My question is if anyone has any pointers of things to do and/or vitamins to take to hold up for 10 days of this? I know to drink lots of water and eat bananas like a monkey, but does anyone have any other pointers?

Thanx,

JohnB

JohnB,

What ever substance you plan on doing . . . make sure you take a HTP and a St. John's Wart to remove any toxic left over in your system. Take a lot of Vitamin C and multi-vitamins. And if you plan on dancing for a long time then make sure you take some gluclose so you don't run out of fuel. And if you need something with a lot of caffine then try this thing called Slaker 2. It's speeds you up like crazy!

See you there!! biggrin.gif

BlueAngel

------------------

"None is more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."

- Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

Like Blue says the multi vitamins and some form of high strength vitamin C (for it's anti-oxidant properties) is the best way.

But.... unless your superman your going to get up one afternoon and not feel like going out... I have a cure for this. It consists of firstly eating (recommended is a salad in a basket @ Savanna), they Vodka & Redbull (have about 4, add Champers if the mood takes you). Don't waste time with cheep imitations RedBull is the only one. After 4 or 5 you should be feeling better & energized. If this doesn't work take loads of drugs;-)

------------------

I want to go out blazing not fade away.

top.gif

B2B,

Spoken like a true Ibiza party resident!! I can only dream . . . . tongue.gif

By the way, one of my friends drank seven redbulls one night at Twilo and he was bouncing off walls til 10 p.m. the next day.

BlueAngel

------------------

"None is more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."

hey there,

first off, have fun on your trip! i am extremely jealous of those heading over to ibiza!

anyway, here is my 2 cents. i personally don't think that anything really helps to prolong/replenish/ease the pain of dropping. some people swear that 5-htp works, but i get nauseous and 'loopy' after taking it, and i don't notice a difference. i would definitely read up on pre/post loading and make your own judgments. (check out: www.bluelight.nu www.dancesafe.org www.erowid.org )

in addition, you have to take a shitload of vitamin c for it to actually make any difference on your pill (check out the slide on dancesafe about pre/post loading)- it would probably end up hurting you more. a little bit of caffeine might help you stay up longer(once again, depends person to person), but i took vivarin with pills once and it just made me more irritable and shaky. yuck.

good luck, let us know how your trip went. wink.gif (no pun intended)

------------------

*kitty19*

*turn it around baby*

to have a one cent on this, i'd recommend all the above and try to remember if you get tired, lot's of fruit, lot's of water, lot's of green tea, lot's of bread (when did he say he was leaving?) and a good source of vitamin a,b,c,d,e

Whoever said to take St. John's Wort, do NOT take it or any other anti-depressants (herbal or otherwise) if you are going to take E... trust me, I almost died from it, have fun and be safe!!!

smile.gif Alexandra

------------------

"Sometimes I wonder if my dreams are wild... Sometimes I know they'll all come true" - Ascension, "Someone"

alexandra@zoggle.com

Originally posted by Alexandra:

Whoever said to take St. John's Wort, do NOT take it or any other anti-depressants (herbal or otherwise) if you are going to take E... trust me, I almost died from it, have fun and be safe!!!

smile.gif Alexandra

I thought the St. Johns Wart is an anti-oxidant not anti-depressant. Am I wrong?

BlueAngel

------------------

No, the only anti-oxidants are vitamins A, C, and E.

I read about St. John's Wort once and some people take after coming down for a while and say it helps. But it is dangerous if you take it at the same time or shortly after the E. So are other anti-deppressants like Prozac.

Thanks to everyone for the advice. I'll post an update from there at some point next week.

Check out the Djs who will be there during my week:

Sun- Danny Tenaglia, Carl Cox, Steve Lawler at Home/Space

Mon- Manumission Party at Privilege. Don't know

Tues- Danny Rampling at Moneypenny's/El Divino, Paul Oakenfold

Wed- Dave Seaman, Nick Warren at Rennaissance/Privilege. After party Timo Maas and Scott Bond at Space

Thurs- Seb Fontaine at Cream/Amnesia

Fri- Lil Louis Vega at Ministry/Pacha and Erick Morrillo at some MTV party

Sat- Roger Sanchez at Amnesia

Sun- Sasha & Digweed, Jr Sanchez, Steve Lawler at Home/Space

Mon- Manumission again

Tues- I stagger off the island in a sad state and sleep till my next party, which will be Friday when Sasha comes to Budapest just for my going away party biggrin.gif.

What a couple of weeks. tongue.gif

JohnB

Me too! Me too! When I go to Ibiza I will be catching . . .

Sun. - Home's S&D, Steve Lawler, Jason Bye @ Space

Mon. - Manumission @ Privilege

Tues. - Paul Oakenfold @ Pacha

Wed. - Gatecrasher's Roger Sanchez, John Kelly @ Pacha

Thurs. - Cream's PVD, Seb Fontaine, Guy Ornadell @ Amnesia

Fri. - MTV's PVD, Seb Fontaine, David Morales, Armand Van Helden

Then they'll be shipping me back home with a sign that says "Handle with Care" on my chest. eek.gif

But you'll see me AGAIN at Twilo on the following Friday for PAUL VAN DYK!! I love my life!! biggrin.gif

BlueAngel

------------------

[This message has been edited by blueangel (edited 06-28-2000).]

[This message has been edited by blueangel (edited 06-28-2000).]

Take plenty of A, C, and E vitamins, and B's too. After your done, take a good amount of goldenseal to clear out the toxins in your system, and 5HTP or St John's to help your seratonin. Do NOT take these anti-depressant types WHILE you are rolling, or shortly after.

B2B, right! I remember that one . . . right across the street on the beach, right?

And I forgot, which club does not allow cameras inside?

BlueAngel

------------------

Make sure you load up on carbs before you go out. Physically you will feel stronger, especially in your legs. Eat something high in protein when your finished. This will help for the next day. Take plenty of multivitamins also. Thermadrine helps or any ephedra pill, they are all basically the same. Thermadrine is just the strongest. Drugs never fail either. Hope this helps, sounds like a sick time, make sure you give abig review when you get back.