Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Garage House & Oldsskool

Anybody know of a place in NYC or any other borough, that still spins this stuff? Or has mix tapes? Any info is GREATLY apprciated.

It seems the love for this, where it all started, is waning.

Please restore my faith, I know there are some oldskoolheads out there... smile.gif

------------------

Din Da Da

Garage and deep house are alive and kickin!

The parties:

Monday Giant Step @ Shine with Ron Trent

Monday Sleaze Factor @ Saphire (this is NOT a deep house party, this more a techno party but Adam Goldstone plays often deep house and classics at the end of his set.)

Tuesday 12West @ Cheetah with Nicky Siano, he tought Larry Levan how to use the 1200's!

Wednesday Dance Ritual @ Vynil with Little Louie Vega, he is one of the best djs in the world, certainly in my top 5 djs of the world.

Friday Bang The Party @ Franks' Lounge - Brooklyn (they're having the anniversary party very soon)

Friday Rise@2i's while there is a Hip-Hop party upstairs, Timmy Richardson + guests spins garage house in the basement

I believe the Warehouse plays this music.

Danny Tenaglia often plays deep house and classics at the end of his set in the wee hours of the morning.

Saturday Shelter@Vynil with Timmy Regisford, check it out (go late, around 5 am is the best)

Saturday Destiny@Tin Room with Fred Pierce, Markus Rice and guests.

Saturday Hamsa@Bar 169 (monthly party)

Sunday - Body&Soul@Vynil (4pm-12am), the ultimate party, the best one on earth with Danny Krivitt, Francois Kevorkian and Joe Clausell.

For getting records and tapes, try DanceTracks, VynilMania, Dubspot and Halcyon.

Also check Nestor's site http://www.undergroundnyc.com

Plur,

Joël S.

[This message has been edited by JoelS (edited 07-07-2000).]