Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Turntable Question - Help!!

Well, I've come across that problem before, and they way I fixed it was that I took the cartidge off of the turntable arm. Sometimes dust gets in there and that obviously messes with sound quality, so if you wipe the head (not the needle, but the other end) with a clean piece of cloth that might do it for you.

If not, it might be a mixer problem if it you're getting static distortion. Randy help us out kid.

Ali

------------------

CrystalMethodNY...the whorliest of whores

To troubleshoot, try all of these. I jsut wrote a long post and it fucked up on me, so I'm not gonna explain everything unless I need to.

1. Check all wire connections to make sure that they are tight

2. swap record

3. swap stylii

4. swap carts

5. swap turntables

6. Is the sound in the headphons as well as the speakers?

7. swap mixer outputs if possible

8. change amp

9. perhaps loose (this is how loose, not "lose" is spelled) wires inside speaker.

try all of these first and then tell me what failed. If you have addt'l eqs or other fun stuff inthe system, swap those out as well.

My guess is that the turntable might be losing its accuracy, so definitely swap the decks

I adjusted my tonearm settings and it helped a bit maybe they're wrong will keep trying stuff please let me know if you have any other ideas. Thanks.

------------------

He channels the cosmos through the tables do not worship the shaman, but revere his music.

CHANGE YOUR NEEDLE AND CARTRIDGE GRASSHOPPER...COULD ALSO BE YOUR INTERNAL WIRING IN YOUR ARM BUT DOUBTFULL...ARE YOU SURE IT IS YOU TABLE? DID YOU TRY ANOTHER INPUT WITH SIMILAR FREQUENCY AND IT CAME THROUGH OK??? DJ LOVEJONES 88.8 WRSU

You can clean the inside of the tone arm and the cart head with a little bit of rubbing alcohol on a cloth...as far as cart's go stanton's 680 hp's are great, great bass...

Baby Do You Feel Me?

-Mac

------------------

"Music is my mistress, and she plays second fiddle to no one." Louis Armstrong

FeelTheseBeats@aol.com