Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What Was everyone's FaVorite Experince @ LimeLight!?!?!

Disco 2000, Richie Rich's Hot Body contest, the emergency room nights that happend once a month, all the memories...Its funny to see how many real old school heads are on this board, its sad to talk about it to, because you look at the club scene now and its in ruins, there is no such thing as a "club kid" anymore...there is no flamboyancy, the drag acts that are put on now are just a farse to carry over something from the past...It's dissapointing, its up to the promoters now, they control the ny scene...its up to them to start good parties...

Baby Do You Feel Me?

Mac

------------------

"Music is my mistress, and she plays second fiddle to no one." Louis Armstrong

FeelTheseBeats@aol.com

I miss the old club kid days! i think NY should start bringing some back, it just seemed to make NY so much more of a fun crazy city? And god Dammit!! I wish i could

"DRESS" Again!, my old platforms are still siting in my closet> frown.gif

But on the other Hand, look what that scene did to most the kids, james ran away, as far as he could, and michae & FreeZe killed Angel,and everyone else just burnt out,

im still burnt..

but i miss Gonzo, and Rob Gee, and corbet

and .....KEOKI Tearing shit up @ The Boom boom room (LimeLight)>>RIP

Talk about old school.... anyone remember the Style Summit that Ernie Glam used to throw...???

I remember in early 93 during Style Summit... me, Ernie, and Michael Alig rented a minivan (OK I am lying it was my mom's minivan) and rented a power generator... then we got a little mobile DJ system together and put it in the minivan.... then we printed up some cheap flyers at Kinko's and threw an Outlaw party at the Holland Tunnel!!!! There was a drag model show.. the runway was that overpass that goes over the roadway when you come out of the tunnel... and the sound and the party was coming from that little street on the right as soon as you come out of the tunnel (from NJ into NY of course).... I guess thats the strangest DJ booth I ever played from....

But that was cool... and innovative...different, etc etc

Nothing like that going on anymore that's for sure!!!

Or how about "Sponge", anyone remember that party??

Corbett www.djcorbett.com

Who remembers the good OLD OLD days..

Nevill in the VIP ROOM.

Miss Chickie with her camera

Freddie and the constant flow of drink tickets.

Doing blow in the mail room with Billy Idol and Mike Jager.

and LOTS and LOTS of real celebrities.

First club kids"

First lets get something stra?! The kids you see up at the tunnel, there not real club kids" Everyone has forgotten the reason to why there were club kids' 1 Shocking people And 2 Getting paid! if you dress up an go to clubs, and call your self a "Club kid" YOUR NOT!!!! Cause club kids got paid!!

I got paid when i use to work a club, in the early 90's late 80's And then it just became a form of style, for the drugged up runaway's

Who had no were to go,

See Back Then We were the FIRST! it had never been done anywere else, EVER!

And We ruled the Clubland, But.....

Times have changed frown.gif

and now there are little dorky kids Wearing platforms and running around calling them selves "Klub Kids" Hahahahahahaha!

it annoys me smile.gif

dont get me wrong, When i see one walk past,

my heart flutters!

and i think to myself....

"i could of worked those pumps a lot better"

Bloody prom dresses,

fake blood

platforms

and flyes and frogs glued to my face

"OHHHH! Those were the day's!!"

sorry for the spelling, i havent slept

LOL

smile.gif

I remeber getting whacked on a Saturday Night in '94 or '95 - Corbett in the main room. It was at a Strictly Rythm record release party I went to for Dave Carlucci and Junior Sanchez. I came out the Exit Door not realizing there were steps outside and Wallah I flew down the stairs face first into the hotdog cart. I'll never forget LL.