Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What's the difference between Jungle and Drum n Bass ?

Well, neither really play drum and bass. Cox is a techo/tech-house dj and hybrid produce breakebat.

I separate drum and bass and jungle, xuz I think of the more atmospheric/intelligent sounds to be drum and bass and the more raw jumpup/techstep/some hip hop sample stuff to sound more urban jungle like

go to break beat science t otruly educate yourself

A few years ago, a few djs stepped out of the Jungle scene and said don't call our music Jungle, call it Drum&Bass. But they were doing the same music (more on the underground side)

Generally Jungle is more commercial or closer to the old school and more ragga (sounds like sped-up Reggae Dance Hall)

Drum&Bass is less mainstream.

I think it's a little bit snobbish to do a distinction, really it's the same music.

Speed garage was sped up house with a lots of vocals (a little bit like NYC Garage) with a jungle bass line.

It kind of died or evolved into 2Step Garage, speed garage with a slow down jungle breabeat and a ragga MC toasting over it.

Some people says that 2Step is to Jungle what urban R&B is to Hip-Hop. It is as commercial, as tired and full of cliches and catters to the same demographic (in England)

Plur,

Joël S.

Thanks for the info guys, really appreciate it. Being new to the scene I hear terms like Garage, Progressive, DnB, Acid House etc all the time but I don't know if I know the exact difference between the music. I don't believe in categorizing music but it does help (and inevitable happens anyway). Hey, a few months ago I thought that all DJ's played Techno, now at least I know the difference between Drum n Bass and Jungle smile.gif