Clubplanet Nightlife Community

S&D A BIT DISAPPOINTING

got there like 3 despite golden rule of not going till past 5. anyway diggs was groovin some deep tribal stuff, very nice. but then sasha tookoever and couldnt get anything going whatsoever. it was like everyone was just waiting for some sort of a climax to the set, nothin. then diggs played a decent set which again didnt really go anywhere, and sasha closed it with some really wierd shit. some cheesy euro pop vocals over some wierd beats. sounded very ravish. i dunno, maybe cuz i layed off the drugs tonite i got a different perspective? left early too like 8:30 lemme know when it ended

oh and they were being dicks at the door at like 3, telling 4 guys to get off after they'd been on like for like 2 hrs. and they were dressed too. i guess the no girls, no entry policy was being enforced. i'm getting a bit sick of twilo and yet its by far my favorite spot. just shows what nyc has these days frown.gif

------------------

deez nuts

[This message has been edited by p00h (edited 07-29-2000).]

They were dissing people off the line last week at PVD. I guess this will be their option for crowd control.

Question for you...how was security last night? Did they pat you down? more security? more flashlights? kicking crackheads off the line? I'm interested to know how the place is being managed since last week's unfortunate drama (God rest his soul).

Thankz.

Seriously, if Twlio's people are being dicks and turning away people for no reason at all, then boycott the club. It's simple as that. Or complain to mangement. Don't know if that will help. I wish i could've seen S&D last night to actually what they were playing. Maybe I would've liked it, maybe.

------------------

Are you feeling it???

shadowchaser076@aol.com

pooh,

Can u elaborate a bit more on the weird shit that Sasha was playing? Was it breaks, hardhouse, trancey??

I'm asking because maybe he is testing out new ground... He usually plays at his monthly Tyrant parties in London and they don't seem to stick to just one sound. They go all out. Weird shit man.

I can't wait until next weekend.

Pappa, Seaman, Fortier, and Slacker. Pure bliss!

Get ready for Pappa people... He's going to rock Twilo the right way!!!!

First time I ever heard S&D and will never go back. They spun the slowest shit I have ever heard. Never seen so many people just standing on the dance floor just waiting for a little burst of energy. Never got it. By far the worst experience at a club ever.

Highlight of my night was when I was leaving some girl was bouncing up and down and her boob popped out!! Nice!

I had a tough time making it through the opening set. The crowd was rather unenthusiastic, with a lot of people just standing around on the floor or near it. As expected, it was crazily packed with no room to do anything. I eventually had to make my way up to the VIP lounge, but that was really weak. Unfortunate that that was my last time seeing S&D for the summer. Oh, security (at 12:00) wasn't patting you down if the metal detector didn't go off. But there were huge signs posted all over that said, "Undercover police are now always on the premises. Do not sell or (something - consume?) illegal drugs." Early on, I noticed security taking people off the floor and bringing them in the back to get frisked. They also wouldn't let you sit on the top of the stairs at the beginning.

yeah security was much tighter than usual, even patdowns for not particular reason. The crowd was dead cut the music wasnt creating a vibe. as far as the last set NOLIMIT, id say iy was harhouse, but with no depth whatsoever. it was like a hard bass drum with like 1 other sound over it, kinda like fast rave music. he had these obsure vocals running continously over tracks, and sounded like the same guy too, but the music would be very choppy. one sec he'll have a track with some sexy synths building up into something, and then this voice will say something and the whole beat would be cut, and some totally different track would cut in, not even mixin in, just cut in and out. sounded kinda ravish. wierd. that 1 jam he droped at like 8 was aswesome though. it was as if this beat was chasing itself, consuming itself, and then spitting out some different shit from the whole process. doubt if that made sense to anyone. Anyway i missed last month, but 2 months ago they played really dark stuff no one can dance to, and than this week. it was the worst s&d i've been to. and i heard last week sasha tore it up in his closing set.

------------------

deez nuts

Didn't make it to S&D last night. Saving myself for next week. It's weird...i've noticed that it is best to go see S&D every other time. It seems like if you go every month, they are disappointing...like they can't put two great months in a row together...at least not anymore. and there have been a number of times where i went and swore i would never come back for S&D. but then i randomly decided to go last month and it was the best one i've ever seen. so you never know.

not to mention, after pvd last week, i think anything would be a letdown.

eric

Well there you go. Not even some of the best djs in the world can play amazing sets right after the other.

Everyone has their off night. Lots of times the big ones have dissappointed me. No biggie. They still have my support. Until ofcourse, you become an Oakenfold, and play the same shit you've been playing for the last year (i.e.) Push-Universal Nation, Bullet in the gun rmxs.

Atleast Sasha & Diggers will always keep it fresh.

For those that didn't enjoy, good. Make room for the people that did. There's plenty of other clubs like SF, Exit that would love to have your business.

I've been waiting for next friday for months now. I can bet my life that it won't be crowded and a lot more clued up people there. The true heads are going to represent!

I find it funny that on a normal S & D night, there's a lot of people that don't even know who the dj is. You think those same people are going to come out next friday for Pappa and Seaman??? lol! Good! Let's keep it that way. I want some room to go OFF!

easy

Originally posted by Nolimit:

I've been waiting for next friday for months now. I can bet my life that it won't be crowded and a lot more clued up people there. The true heads are going to represent!

I find it funny that on a normal S & D night, there's a lot of people that don't even know who the dj is. You think those same people are going to come out next friday for Pappa and Seaman??? lol! Good! Let's keep it that way. I want some room to go OFF!

easy

I'll be there to see Pappa & Seaman too! smile.gif

Don't forget about Slacker too cool.gif

------------------

Are you feeling it???

shadowchaser076@aol.com

the past few years i've perfered to see sasha or digweed by themselves. they don't seem to play well together anymore like they used to. every now and again i'll catch a good set from the 2 of them together, but nothing like 94-97. they don't seem to have the depth together, the emotion isn't always there. i also agree w/ the person that said they don't go every month and that seems to make it better. i saw them like 6 times in the span of 2 months and each time the magic was lost a little more. recently they have only been coming to miami about every other month and not playing together. this makes it a little more special and gives them some time to get new music. their sets solo sound so much different it's unbelieveable. thats where it's at for them now. go see tenaglia @ vinyl instead for a few months, then come back.

as for seaman/pappa night... there you go!!!

[This message has been edited by james954 (edited 07-30-2000).]

Good thing my bf and I decided to not go to S&D this month. From the way it sounds . . . it sounds like Sasha was high again. We're planning to go in August . . . hopefully he won't be so cracked out next month. (keeping fingers crossed)

As for the security kicking people off the line . . . I hear people on this board complain ALL the time regarding how crowded it is in Twilo and how they let way too many people in . . . now you're complaining that they kick people off the line for no reason?? Are you guys ever satisfied?? That's New York for ya! wink.gif

BlueAngel

------------------

"The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write,

but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn."

By Alvin Toffler.