Clubplanet Nightlife Community

5 + 5 + 5 = 550

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, let me rephraze my explanation. First of all, there is no need to know if the guy you approaced is lying or telling the truth, always keep it mind. So you approach a door and ask:

Is there a liar at the door leading to death?

Who could answer yes to this question? A truthful person guarding the door to DRUGS (cause he knows the door to death is guarded by a liar), or a liar guarding the door to DRUGS (cause he knows the door to death is guarded by a truthful person, so he has to lie). In both cases, the door leads to DRUGS.

Who could answer no to this question? A truthful person guarding the door to DEATH (the door to death is not guarded by a liar) or a liar guarding the door to DEATH (he has to lie). In both cases, the door leads to DEATH.

So if the answer is yes, we don't know if the guy was telling the truth, but we know that the door leads to drugs. If the answer is no, again we don't know if the guy was telling the truth, but we know that the door leads to death. I know it's a bit confusing, but if you read this carefully and think a bit, you'll see I am correct. (I actually had years of training on logic puzzles, and know what I'm talking about).

------------------

Beauty projection into reflection is always the worst way to start.

Okay I got it! But you sure did explained it in the most complicated way! Jeesh!

So, basically you're saying that if you ask this question then the truthful person will answer yes, cause there is really a liar at the door to death, but the liar will answer no cause he's suppose to lie.

Right?

BlueAngel

------------------

"Rehab is for quitters!"

Originally posted by blueangel:

Okay I got it! But you sure did explained it in the most complicated way! Jeesh!

So, basically you're saying that if you ask this question then the truthful person will answer yes, cause there is really a liar at the door to death, but the liar will answer no cause he's suppose to lie.

Right?

BlueAngel

Yeap!!! Same logic works for the answer no. My explaining does suck though, I'm having trouble myself understanding my own post.

------------------

Another way of solving this problem (this probably is in the direction rims was going). Approach a gus and ask:

Will the other guy advise me to go through this door?

If the answer is yes, then you are at the door to death. If the answer is no, then you are at the door to drugs. Logic similar to my other posts, don't wanna repeat it.

------------------

nawice . . .

have you ever read this book . . .

"what's the name of this book" . . .

it has all logic problems and puts your brain to work . . .

imagine doing these problems drunk . . .

---------------------------------------------

Life is too short to be small.

Originally posted by schwingep:

Not necessarily a brain teaser, but how about this.

Whats the square root of -1?

- Pete

Depending on your training it is either i or j (mech vs. elec)

JDogg

------------------

Corporate Tool

North Jersey

I LOVE THESE!

Here's one:

2 men play 5 games of chess.

Each man wins the same number of games.

There are no ties.

How is this possible?

Here's another:

A man is running from the cops with 2 5lbs Hash balls in his hands. He comes to a bridge that has only a 158lbs capcity. The man weighs 150 lbs. Since he's being chased by 200lb pigs, as soon as he gets across, he's safe. How does this cool dude get both hash balls across the bridge in ONE trip so that he can live to smoke another day? (He cannot roll them across).

HINT: I find the answer to possibly violate the laws of momentum...

BTW, The last 3 were lame; anyone with a math or logic bkgrnd could get them. Bring it on....

i'll try . . .

two men are playing chess but they're not playing against each other . . .

the fugitive can juggle the balls across and not exceed 158 lbs . . .

---------------------------------------------

Life is too short to be small.

Originally posted by mrk:

okay eggmok..

A truck travels 15 mph for the first half of the distance

of a trip. The driver wants to average 30 mph for the whole trip.

How fast must he travel for the second half of the trip?

No need for guesses here. It's impossible for the truck to average 30 mph for the whole trip. The amount of time needed for a truck going at 30 mph to travel the entire distance is equal to the amount of time needed for a truck going at 15 mph to travel half of the distance. In other words, a truck averaging 30 mph would have already traveled the whole distance.

------------------

Whoops...I guess that I was more tired last night than I thought. I looked back at the little scrap of paper that I made my notes on and I can't read it now. eek!

JDogg

(<---wait, is that a new star?)

------------------

Corporate Tool

North Jersey