Clubplanet Nightlife Community

opinions please: party @ chelsea piers

has anyone been to outdoor parties at chelsea piers before? if so, what are your opinions about the scene and music? also, if it rains do they move venue indoors or do they cancel?

i'm a vinyl and twilo goer myself. so, any info would be much appreciated.

i'm thinking about going to this event. anyone interested?

Chelsea Piers @ The Sunset Terrace Pier 61 http://ny.clubplanet.com/cgi-bin/listing.asp?club=615

Sunday, September 3

--------

Night: Tsunami

Cover: $20

Scene: Rave

Music: Trance

DJs: Doom

Details: A pre-release, Open-air party celebrating the Tsunami compilation on Kinetic records the cd hits stores and shores nation wide on Tuesday September 5, 2000. Special guest include Iam Ion, Opher India Drop, and DJ Doom. After-hours party will be announced at the party. Keep your ticket stubs for reduced entry.

The Tsunami parties are usually pretty good...more goa type stuff..and I call alot of the people there the "trance hippies" trippin on something or another wink.gif

I would assume if it rains..it would be cancelled. I have been to parties inside chelsea piers and I cannot imagine a goa trance party in there!!!

I think it is worth going to..esp. if you like trance and want a change of pace...

Hope this help ya a little

-Jill

------------------

"When you think you've tried every road..Every avenue..Take one more look..At what you found old..And in it you'll find something new"-DM

Smoknjilly@aol.com

Hehehe.... hey, I'm going and I'm not a hippie! I don't even wear sandals or eat tofu! wink.gif

It won't be canceled in the event of inclement weather -- I've never been there before either, and I don't know the layout. But apparently they've got a covered terrace which opens out into the outside world. Rain or shine, this event will happen.

Yeah, they're trance, but it's a bit harder than your standard fare.... or at least it has been in the past. Think of goa as techno, but with a more ambient feel..... inside of splicing in sound effects, they do softer sounds. And it still has a great hard bassline to it, too........

------------------

-=Vejita=-

"Live through the week. Live for the weekend."

Thats right..isnt this your bday celebration vejita?

Hahhaa.I was just jokin about the "hippie part"..but you gotta admit some of the goa peeps are a bit..eccentric? smile.gif

-J

------------------

"When you think you've tried every road..Every avenue..Take one more look..At what you found old..And in it you'll find something new"-DM

Smoknjilly@aol.com

Yeah, it's muh birthday, it's muh birthday..... go me or something. smile.gif

Oh yeah..... there's definitely some uniquely-attired peeps showing up at those sort of deals. But it's all good..... I'm more partial to the rave scene anyway, and so I tend to care less if somebody's dressed up all hippie-like. And you still get well-dressed clubbers in there too, but I honestly have yet to see a juicehead at a rave (or a Tsunami party).

------------------

-=Vejita=-

"Live through the week. Live for the weekend."