Clubplanet Nightlife Community

have you had an encounter with an undercover cop??

Ethan is a mad cool guy . . . he is *DEF* not an undie, i have done work with him before for various club-related articles. you can totally trust him . . . biggrin.gif Go to New York Magazine's website, he does the cover page stories all the time. He writes from our perspective, not like other magazines . . . as a matter of fact he did a piece on E that was informative and didn't totally shit on it.

Ethan - check your mail, i wrote back to you . . . i'm still workin' on it. smile.gif talk to you soon, lemme know what you think.

luv,

brandie

------------------

"And those who were seen dancing

were thought to be insane by those

who could not hear the music."

brandie@optonline.net

I had one last Saturday at Tunnel, in the hallway at about 4 am...This kid(more of a hood rat) came up to me an my friend an was like "yo yo I got Rolex's 15 a piece"

first off I was like no one sells E in a club for 15$ a hit, secondly if he was sellin' it for 15 it was fake, so I was like

"Get the fuck out of my face"...and as soon as I said that I saw a 45 year old guy with a mustache an a walkie talkie on his hip just waitin' for us to try an buy some E...I Immediely went to the main floor an my friends followed me...I dont even do E anymore cause one of my boys got busted with 140 pills so that was a wake up call...but it is scary just knowing that there are mad PIGS all over every single club in NYC....somethin' to think about...MikeMc.

------------------

STRENGTH GUEST LIST

Tunnel Friday,Saturday...

For Reduced Admission or Comps call (201)-883-4242 or (201)-488-5305

Originally posted by MikeMc:

I had one last Saturday at Tunnel, in the hallway at about 4 am...This kid(more of a hood rat) came up to me an my friend an was like "yo yo I got Rolex's 15 a piece"

first off I was like no one sells E in a club for 15$ a hit, secondly if he was sellin' it for 15 it was fake, so I was like

"Get the fuck out of my face"...and as soon as I said that I saw a 45 year old guy with a mustache an a walkie talkie on his hip just waitin' for us to try an buy some E...I Immediely went to the main floor an my friends followed me...I dont even do E anymore cause one of my boys got busted with 140 pills so that was a wake up call...but it is scary just knowing that there are mad PIGS all over every single club in NYC....somethin' to think about...MikeMc.

Since a lot of people are on to the fact that fat 40-year-old guys w/mustaches don't usually club and do E, they get kids to entrapt you.

Sometimes they try to get a club in other ways just to shut it down.

Like for underage drinking, sending a kid to buy liquor.

Since a cop can't lie when asked "are you a cop", they get around it with sending someone in.

------------------

Din Da Da

At S&D last weekend, I saw at least 6 cops that were circulating the dance floor. One was particularly obvious. It was a black guy wearing a grey shirt. He kept his hands down and in front to keep his shirt closed. I saw him, recognized what he was and as he passed, reached over and felt his right hip enough to realize that he was carrying a gun in the club.

Somewhere around 4ish, they dried up and disappeared.

Nobody approached me, but somebody missed the class on being undercover. They may as well be there in uniform. It would be nice to see them sweat their asses off wearing vests in the club.

I honestly think that the clubs are a more attracive target for the cops, as the potential for press imapct and public reaction. Figure what the reaction is when the cops try to bust the corner crack dealer or raid some burned-out brownstone and get 6-8 people sharing the same needle. Next, shut down a popular club that caters to primarily middle class twenty-somethings. Next day on the news parents see what could be sons and daughters wincing under the lights of the TV cameras.

The clubs are a less threatening environment, and easier target than crack dens and provide the cops something to do other than parking tickets and turnstile jumpers.

Granted, I don't grasp the idea of getting so wrecked at the clubs that your entire conversations/week of posts consist of discussions of how wrecked you were, how many pills you took and that you rolled/tripped/etc so hard that you stayed up all weekend and had to recover on Monday. I do understand altering brain chemistry through a variety of means. I also understand moderation. It should tell you something that if you are taking a known quality pill and it *only* lasts an hour now and you have to tkae another, that you and your body are seriously out of balance.

This is just my $.07 worth on this Friday.

JDogg

------------------

Corporate Tool

North Jersey

there are almost more cops than civilians at factory fridays...but they're not all old...there's a bunch of them that are 23-9 that are young cops...in club clothes and everything...for instance it was like 630 last friday and im sitting upstairs with about 5 people, at the bar directly in front of us are a group of about 8 cops hangin out....one comes up to me about 5 minutes b4 the club is gonna close..dressed in tight sleeveless guido shirt and says word for word "hey buddy got a couple hits of X" i said no and then he proceeds w/ "come on man" not even 1 or 2 , then starts asking people i was with ...and i just finally said go away officer none us have anything and he did.

Earlier in August at Twilo, two weeks after the death, some guy approached me upstairs. He was mid 30s wearing a tshirt and jeans. He looked most out of place. Than he asked me if I had or knew where to get any pills. But he used language that reminded me of my father when he tries to act cool and use slang. Nope buddy!