Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Just some random stuff i wanted to share.

RICHIE NEWS

richfuku.jpg

"Dave get that shit off"

Story from Ananova news:

“Richie Hawtin was so appalled by fellow techno DJ Dave Clarke's choice of tracks at this weekend's Creamfields festival, that he felt compelled to act.

Clarke, bringing his set to a close in the Bugged Out arena, played his remix of Ibiza anthem Zombie Nation - so pleased is he with his mix that he then chose to play it again.

This was all to much for Hawtin, who apparently harbours an intense dislike for the tune. According to an eyewitness, he went up to Clarke and raised his finger before angry words were exchanged.

Hawtin then brought the record to an abrupt ending, took it off the decks and flung it into the crowd, it is claimed.

Clarke appeared to have been totally bamboozled by Hawtin's actions. He picked up the rest of his records and left the festival. Hawtin then DJed for the next two hours

---------------------------------------------

Moby pisses on All Saints

Renaiss - ance has had some intriguing live acts this summer - including Kylie, Leftfield, Hybrid and All Saints - but Moby has just pissed on the lot of them with a stunning live set that had Privilege in total disbelief. Anyone that can mesh together thrash techno, old-skool rave, tender ballads and James Bond theme tunes is either a genius or a fruitbat. Moby is clearly both.

Running around the stage like an escapee from the local asylum, he screams and pleads with the audience, simultaneously playing guitar and keyboards and having it right out with his set of bongos. It's all too much for one guy, who hurls himself into the pool while the rest of the massed crowd bounce so hard it feels as though the whole club is about to snap. "Take it to the heavens!" Moby implores as his drummer, his bassist and his DJ whip up a demented, frenetic climax to the hardcore classic, 'Go'. "I've never seen anything like it," comments one stunned old-Ibiza-head, wide-eyed and dribbling copiously.

And then, of course, there's the encore. "I believe this is the fastest track ever made," Moby announces politely, as his computer spews out the darkside power stabs of '1000'. You could have mistaken the place for a Nazi rally as the bald maniac starts to punch the air in time to the goose-stepping kick drum. Faster and faster it goes, as we stomp our feet to the quickening rhythm. Boom boom boom boom. Boom, boom, boom, boom. Boom, boom, boom, boom, brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr... until suddenly there are 1000 mangled beats per minute pummelling our startled hearts into a quivering mess. And then there's total silence. As the dry ice clears gradually, all that remains is Moby, standing on top of his keyboard, chest bare, arms aloft, and eyes glowing red.

Moby is on tour again in the US (this time without Travis).. i for one will be checking it out.

---------------------------------------------

listings2.jpg

Hands in the air if you have implants.

------------------

I want to go out blazing not fade away.

I can resist anything but temptation.

ani.GIF

Originally posted by back2basics:

RICHIE NEWS

Story from Ananova news:

“Richie Hawtin was so appalled by fellow techno DJ Dave Clarke's choice of tracks at this weekend's Creamfields festival, that he felt compelled to act.

Clarke, bringing his set to a close in the Bugged Out arena, played his remix of Ibiza anthem Zombie Nation - so pleased is he with his mix that he then chose to play it again.

This was all to much for Hawtin, who apparently harbours an intense dislike for the tune. According to an eyewitness, he went up to Clarke and raised his finger before angry words were exchanged.

Hawtin then brought the record to an abrupt ending, took it off the decks and flung it into the crowd, it is claimed.

Good going Ritchie, way to handle your business man!

Now I dont feel as guilty as I used to about fantasizing ripping that goddamn "For an Angel" record of the turntable and shoving it up Paul Van Dyk's ass every time he plays it.

You know I made a few good tracks too. "Crispy Bacon" back in '97. It was pretty good. Ever heard of it???

Anyone??

Dont laugh goddam it; it was released three years after that "Angel" crap that you guys are still cheering for at Twilo every other goddamn month .

Au Revoir,

Laurent "Why hasn't Twilo called to book me, even Sven Vath's got a gig goin there" Garnier

Here's a good reason to not like Pvd

thisweek_pvd.jpg

A good reason to go to Amnesia

thisweek_cream_amnesia.jpg

And a good reason to hate crasher kids (well ok hate is a strong word)

gcrasher2.jpg

SF anyone? (*drama*, just a joke)

home.jpg

One for DT's fans.

tenaglia.jpg

Playing air decks is NOT cool.

retro_girl.jpg

[This message has been edited by back2basics (edited 09-01-2000).]