Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Tunnel Review - Opinions Please

Hi everybody! I was @ the Tunnel this Saturday & have a few questions. I just started to promote for Saturday's Party.

This is my opinion. . . . There is no club in NYC that compare to the T U N N E L as far as the atmosphere. The lighting, sound system, and space is out-of-this-world!! BUT - where is everyone???

I arrived @ about 12:00 - which is really too early for me. Arrival was pretty slow for everyone that night. Vicious, well, he pretty much sucked, but I think it was because he was live on KTU "Sanctuary" from 3-5.

Anyway, I am hurting for the fact that the Tunnel was @ it's best in 96-98. Where are all of those club heads??????

------------------

"MUSIC IS THE ANSWER"

well sorry to say but the tunnel is horrible, dirty, system sucks, atomsphere is depressing. it will never ever be like yrs ago. gatien can do what he wants or bring in who he wants to spin and it will still blow. ashame vicious had to get a residency there. curious to see how long it lasts. maybe he did it for the mystique and history of the club who knows.

Originally posted by Precious:

Vicious, well, he pretty much sucked, but I think it was because he was live on KTU "Sanctuary" from 3-5.

Everything that was played on ktu was pre recorded.. Dj's mix their music onto a dat or cd, and the radio stations play it..

Johnny Vicious was not live on saturday night..

------------------

Something's Gonna Happen, Something Wonderful..

OK OK OK- I get the picture. My whole point is just that. But I didn't want to offend anyone. Granted, it smells, it's dirty, and the music hasn't been sooo good. But, it's the people that make it happen too. I want to help change that. That'swhy I am promoting there.

If everyone thinks that Twilo, Exit, and SF aren't the same way - well, I disagree. See my whole thing is, people aren't exactly going to the Tunnel because of that. Is it possible that club heads are just afraid to goto the Tunnel - maybe to be thrown out???

See the other clubs aren't on lock down like the Tunnel.

Now I need your opinion here as well. . . .

I get more reviews about the Tunnel being full of kids -what do you think?

And what do you think would have to change

@ the Tunnel as far getting the old school people back there?

PS - Thank you for the heads-up on . . . . .V I C I O U S!

------------------

"MUSIC IS THE ANSWER"

Have HOME buy it, get rid off the assholes who work there, better sound system and maybe do a rotation of DJs like Twilo does instead of having the same DJs every weekend. They can get burned out.

IF Home bought it would cool to hear :

**Welcome Home @ The Tunnel**

cool.gif

Honestly, I thinkTunnel had its moment to shine...it'll never be like that again, but it still has potential.

------------------

*Remember, no matter where you go, there you are* spin.gif

shadowchaser076@aol.com

Here's a few points I should make:

Tunnel probably already had its best moments so it's useless to keep wanting it to be the way it was. Just appreciate it for what it is.

The way Tunnel is right now reflects the current gov situation--so they really can't be as loose and free as they used to be. Otherwise, risk getting shut down permanently. These days they probably just want to be around.

Definitely, it could use better bouncers, etc. Old news there.

As for the music, well it's always changing like the CD profile said. Now Johnny Vicious is in there which I think it's good. Give it a chance.

As for transforming it to another club, I'd rather they keep it the way it is. A HOME there is not necessary--they can always find a different venue. No need to loose Tunnel in exchange for a foreign club. That's selling out. If it did happen and we went there to party--in the back of our mind we would be thinking about having known before the real thing.

As for it being dirty and smelly--well it's a lot cleaner nowadays. It's also an old building so what do you expect??? Go check Webster Hall--it's not in any better shape and I don't see anybody complainning. That WH building is like 110 years old.

So in my opinion, if you like Tunnel just go there and have a blast. Otherwise, just don't go. Plenty of people still love to go there like me. There's really ne need to be wasting sleep about Tunnel--just let it be. It already proved itself as a club so one day when it finally shuts down it'll be well-remembered.

i went to the tunnel this saturday the music on the main dancefloor was wack. and the bouncers were cool. i talked to a few of them that night about the club.

the upstairs room was playing zombie natio, what a fucking joke. that used to be my favorite room. Dj yentel beats is off the fucking hook but they hads him in the runway. what is that all about. And what happened to framk alvi. The tunnel is known for the hard house and they got rid of one of the best hard house dj's. and vicious was awful. no hard beats or trance at all. i dont plan on attending for a few months. maybe then ill give it another shot. and for all you promoters get the hard house back up stairs. thats the whole rteason why my friends and i used to go

------------------

i only speak the truth

peace

BEEN THE DIRECTOR FOR THE LAST 2 YEARS AT TUNNEL,BEEN THERE FOR 5,000 AND BEEN THERE FOR LESS,CHECK IT OUT FRIDAY SEP,8TH FOR THE NEW FALL SEASON D.J.'S RAZOR&GUIDO/EDDIE BAEZ/HIP HOP.TED THE DILLENGER...REMEBER WE PIONEERED IT,FRIDAY SEP 8TH WE WILL SHOCK YOU..212-613-5491

Originally posted by msoprano13:

And what happened to framk alvi. The tunnel is known for the hard house and they got rid of one of the best hard house dj's.

You got some set of pebbel's saying Johnny Vicious cant mix and then you preach about how good FRANK ALVE is?!?!

You just proved to me where you stand in music conversations..

Take a seat, buddy..

------------------

Something's Gonna Happen, Something Wonderful..