Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Tequila Joes in Newark...

bionic

I have to agree with The Answer. The place is pretty weak.

I haven't been there in ages, but last time I was there it was a total cheese factory. Top 40 / KTU dance music, pretty grungy inside too.

But like he said, if it's that close and you're going with a bunch of your friends and gonna tie one on, it will probably be good for a laugh.

I definately wouldn't go out of my way to get there - 4 blocks would just about be the limit wink.gif

Actually, I think some peoples opinions are jaded because they enjoy the city. (I, love the city)

However, taken at face value, Tequila Joes is cool. I like dark dingy places and the downstairs fits that need very well. They play gothic music, very hard and average. Downstairs always has space to hang out and there are always some oddballs to satisfy your curiousity.

The middle level is rather dull and boring but people mill about to hear the retro music. Its a bit small, otherwise it would be better.

The upstairs opens aroun 11ish and is home to the ktu-ish music as stated above. However, its rather spacey and the large bar to the left is a fun place to sit at, especially with people up on the bars dancing.

The crowd there is pretty mixed, usual bunch from anywhere else youll go. Sure, the city is better but if you live in Jersey, this place is easy to get to and close by.

Im sure Ill be there soon, if I dont make it this Saturday.

------------------

Myrlin

druid3.gif

Well I dont care. I cant wait to go. From what I heard, Joe renovated the place over. How true this is, I dont know but still...I wanna go and get HAMMERED. I love the City. Dont get me wrong. This place closes at 3AM so the night is still young after that. I always use it as a pre party solution. Get drunk for free with some friends. Smoke a joint at the bar, do a line at the couch...you dont go wrong.

But who's gonna go? Anyone headin there this weekend or no?

------------------

~*~* You wanna touch it?~*~*

Ive been going since it was actually Studio One. My older sis use to sneak me in...lol

oh and viciuosspinner...FUCK YOU! I am the farthest from poor white trash. Thats pretty foul to go ahead and brand everyone that enters the place with that title. The funny thing is, a lot of people there hold jobs that you wouldnt think they would. Many are lawyers, some studying to be doctors, policemen for neighboring towns, computer consultants, web designers, stock brokers and the list goes on. I dnt think this qualifies as POOR WHITE TRASH as you ever so eloquently put it.

MIND YOUR NECK!

------------------

Originally posted by misskittie:

Ive been going since it was actually Studio One. My older sis use to sneak me in...lol

oh and viciuosspinner...FUCK YOU! I am the farthest from poor white trash. Thats pretty foul to go ahead and brand everyone that enters the place with that title. The funny thing is, a lot of people there hold jobs that you wouldnt think they would. Many are lawyers, some studying to be doctors, policemen for neighboring towns, computer consultants, web designers, stock brokers and the list goes on. I dnt think this qualifies as POOR WHITE TRASH as you ever so eloquently put it.

MIND YOUR NECK!

i rest my case

I haven't been there since last year.....the only good thing is that it's cheap and no cover for girls...it's fun to hold on to the chain dancing on the bar...the thing I HATE is that every 2 feet there's an element of scum trying to grab...the men in there are not that good-looking either!

Originally posted by siciliagirl:

the thing I HATE is that every 2 feet there's an element of scum trying to grab...the men in there are not that good-looking either!

I soo agree. Last year I remember this guygrabbing my crotch after telling me I was beautiful. My immediate reaction was to run after him, tap him on the shoulder and punch him dead in the eye. Needless to say the bouncers came over and threw him out. But, it comes with the turf I guess.

------------------

Well, Im not 100% but I think I might check it out this Saturday. I do not think there is a difference between the two nights from what I remember of the place.

It always varies what depending on who I go with or even if I go out with someone or not. Lots of my friends have become married/engaged and dont go out much anymore so I go with the flow of whatever is around.

------------------

Myrlin

druid3.gif

Definately a good place to go get really Drunk!!

Even though they raised the price from $1 to $1.50.

I might actually check it out this Saturday.

It is a dirty place, and there are a lot of ugly scum-bags, but for $1.50 and not too far from home, I can put up with it.

Plus, you can smoke blunts outside and come back in.

Maybe I'll see you guys there.

Peace,

------------------

Darrell G.

HAZE Promotions
/>http://people.goplay.com/hazedg

That's me I'm one of those girls I'll have on black shorts and black boots and the shirt I haven't decided on!

Its reopening this Friday. I will be there both nights this weekend dancing on MY BARS! Hell its close as hell to my house....4 blocks...and between 9 and 11 drinks are $1.50.

I cant wait. Me and my girls might dress up like Charlies Angels for the reopening...hehe!!

------------------

Good time had by all!!!

Guest crystalmethodny

The only bar I've been to in Newark was at the airport on my way to New Orleans for Mardi Gras!

We drank the whole way down...

Happy flying!

------------------

"We're going to build things up slowly... are you with me? Here we go."

Its reopening this Friday. I will be there both nights this weekend dancing on MY BARS! Hell its close as hell to my house....4 blocks...and between 9 and 11 drinks are $1.50.

I cant wait. Me and my girls might dress up like Charlies Angels for the reopening...hehe!!

------------------

Hey you! What kind of musica???