Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Why are the top DJsplaying Zombie Nation?

However carl played it, it had a decent beat underneath it. Perhaps he simply layered it over a couple other tracks as he is known to taking mildly annoying songs and work with the decent parts of them. After hearing about al the fus overhte song I looked up a ra sample of it and pased so it was my first time hearing the braindead chant.

Some of you need to get over this who plays it first or last thing. Crappy music is crappy music, it doesnt matter who has it when or who played it first. We should all work to eradicate the world of crappy music. I'll start off by burning my Another Bad Creation tape. hey, stop laughing. That wasa long time ago and I was young.

Originally posted by artful:

What's Zombie Nation sound like----- who plays it... maybe I can snatch it outta Napster so I know what you're talking about...

Though, I prolly heard it.

it goes

"oh-oh-wee-oh-oh.

oh-oh-wee-oh.

oh-oh-wee-oh-oh.

oh-wee.

oh-wee.

oh.

oh."

or sumpin like tha.

------------------

i love music!

Blu-

You're a stinker when it comes to different genre of dance music aren't you? You don't like the dark house, you don't like the techno, and you didn't dig the hard house on the island. Besides PVD, what do you like??? And I already know u like Sasha & Digweed. Who doesn't??

Yeah Carl played it. The crowd gave him a big reaction, the loudest cheers of his set. A lot more than when he played DJ Funk's Run, a true killer track. I imagine he keeps getting a good reaction to it so he keeps playing it. As a DJ he always seems to aim to please. Thankfully, he didn't keep it on too long and most of his set was serious hard tech-house.

Do people forget that songs become popular because they are good? Is that so hard to fathom? Do you hate the song because it's bad? Or because you hear it everywhere, in clubs and on the radio, and all of a sudden it's less cool because it's "commercial" and that reflects poorly on you and your precious, elitist, underground clubber's sensibilities?

It's a good song, and it's a fun song.

There's a big difference between dj's who pack their sets with crowd pleasers, riding the popularity of the tracks to make them seem like good dj's. Versus dj's who can appreciate when a song is good, even if it's popular and potentially overplayed, and still have fun dropping it in his set.

Carl Cox was not pandering to a drug-numbed crowd chanting "Zombie Nation". He was having fun, and everyone in that room had fun with him (except for jilly it seems).

I'm pretty tired of that track too, but it sounded pretty fresh last Friday night.

------------------

keep it cutlary

www.spoonyd.iwarp.com

This just in!!!

Number One in the DJ MAGAZINE Ibiza Hype Chart

Mother FUc*in Zombie Nation... WTF!!!!

Just got my copy in the mail and its usually the first thing I check, I don't know guys, I don't know. But then again this is from a continent that made David Hassalhof a platinum selling artist, so go figure...

BLUE, I was kidding and I am working on the Goddess thing...

------------------

parish...

-beat slacker mac-

Nolimit,

You know "The Bells?" How old is that track, 3, maybe 4 years? I don't know about here, but everybody and their mother were playing that in Europe for the last few years. Cox still plays it at the peak of all his sets, at least all the ones I've seen, including in Ibiza in July. Also, what's that big track that was on Sasha's GU CD? Disc 1, track 6 or 7. Everybody caned that for a year and a half. Cox is the only one who still plays it every time out. And I thought that "Phuture" track he made was pretty cheesy too.

Don't get me wrong, I think Cox is great, and I don't mind hearing good anthems some times. But I think of all the big DJs, Cox probably plays more anthems than any DJ except Oakenfold.

JohnB

I agree Zombie Nation has to go...I heard that song at a club in Providence spun by Eddie Baez..about 3 1/2 months ago...since then I've hated that song and I even heard it played over the radio in boston and prov...talk about mainstream..I was at Avalon when Oakenfold spun and he ended with Zombie Nation...I ended up leaving before his set ended...very pissed!!

Its sad that dj's are forced to play certain tracks in order to stay popular......

But you know how it is...people are sheep and a dj with no talent has to resort to these tactics to cover his inadaquite skills.

a good dj recognises when the novelty has worn off of a new track and hopefully stops flogging the dead horse.....but then again the public are basically sheep and a change like that might ruin their tiny closed minds

fu** it

Postal