Clubplanet Nightlife Community

This REALLY pisses me off...

I work at a company where practically EVERYONE speaks Spanish. It annoys me sooo much when Im talking to them and then they start talking to someone else in Spansih. Its rude and freaks me out. Ialways think they're sayin something but they dont think its rude. They think Im rude for wanting them to speak English by me.

Oh well. Just thought Id share

------------------

~*~* You wanna touch it?~*~*

Sounds like 80% of my job...

It's like listening to the teachers and adults in "Charlie Brown."

You find someone who's strictly English and it's a God-send!!

Look at it this way MissKittie... they could be talking about some really boring shit... so at least you don't have to listen to it. smile.gif

------------------

gohanssj2.gif

<I'm a Fire-starter>

--- When the Artful speaks

the other day i went to get brekfast at burger king and the lady takiny my order didn't speak english she fucked up the entire thing.. thats after the 10 mins it took for me to tell her what i wanted.

i was so pissed

------------------

oasis guestlist

201-725-8858, oasis9389@aol.com

I speak both English and Spanish Fluently, and I can understand how you feel, but for people like me sometimes the words instinctively come out in the language that I'm thinking in at the moment... If its someone who speaks or understands spanish... Only spanish will automatically come out... Sometimes it's the other way around, and Spanish speaking people feel the same way...

Maybe we should all just Learn French and no one will complain!! hehehe

-------------------

Peace, Love & Twilo for Everyone!!!

I don't want too cause Drama but, It's the USA Speak English. MissKittie this is called reversed racism. You are uncomfortable not knowing what they are saying (That's Reversed). On the other hand they see it as you being racist around their culture. I have no problem with other races what so ever there are 2 sides to every story.

------------------

It's all in the music

I'm not Spanish, but understand it from taking a million classes. I've caught people talking about me right in front of me thinking I wouldn't understand. It was pretty funny to see their reaction when I'd comment on what they said - Luckily they didn't say anything bad.

I don't think it's right though. Especially at work. I think this is America and people should speak English. What you wanna speak in your own home to friends and family is your business. BTW, that's not meant to sound racsist or anything..

our native language is english.....but you go to amsterdam(for example)...and their native language is Dutch..yet virtually everyone in that city speaks english....in light of this...im glad we have mad languages spoken in this city....but thats how it is when the same cultures get together...ya know....

I know how you feel Misskittie. All my roomates in college spoke spanish-I always thought they were talking about me, my boyfriend is Spanish and most of his family doesn't speak English. It's frustrating-but what I have learned is sometimes its better-I don't have to hear there stupid conversations and I can focus on me. Also so what if there saying shit, if they are you should feel sorry them obviously they have no life and need to get one of there own.

Originally posted by misskittie:

I work at a company where practically EVERYONE speaks Spanish. It annoys me sooo much when Im talking to them and then they start talking to someone else in Spansih. Its rude and freaks me out. Ialways think they're sayin something but they dont think its rude. They think Im rude for wanting them to speak English by me.

Oh well. Just thought Id share

Deal with it girl!......The spanish people that don't know english probably are thinking the same way. We are in the land of the free, and we entitled to speak any language we want.

For anybody to be insulted that someone is speaking another language in front of them is absurd......Here's what you do!.......Take a recorder and record them and I'll be more than happy to translate what they're saying.....Who

knows? Maybe we can find out for sure if they're really talking about you!.

Tommorrow morning say this to them and they won't talk in front of you again.

Mira stupidos! Si hablan espanol en frente de mi otras vez, te voy a matar!!!

Different people react differently to this particular option. I speak both English and Spanish but my first language is English.

Some people feel more comfortable speaking Spanish simply because it comes naturally to them. People may speak in different languages but they THINK in one. I tend to speak English for the most part around those who do.

It goes both ways, if you are involved in te conversation or are a part of the social situation, they should speak English to not be rude (Unless they dont speak English), if they are just close to you but not interacting with you, then they can speak what they will.

Just my 2 cents

------------------

Myrlin

druid3.gif

Everyone has the right to speak their own language but theres a line in my opinion. If Im talking to my co-workers in English and thena ll the sudden they change the convo into Spanish I just think its rude. Especially when I was involved in the convo and I believed it was still going on. Everyone can speak what they want but some people just need to know how to be a little moer polite about it.

------------------

~*~* You wanna touch it?~*~*

Could help me what antvil?

And its best not to judge someone when all you get from them is a computer personality.

Wow! I'm not judging.......You know for a fact that your words are the best for me to read. I would never judge you like that! I only have much love for ya......Are you cranky from 1 hour sleep??......I'm sorry honey :-(

Everyone has the right to speak their own language but theres a line in my opinion. If Im talking to my co-workers in English and thena ll the sudden they change the convo into Spanish I just think its rude. Especially when I was involved in the convo and I believed it was still going on. Everyone can speak what they want but some people just need to know how to be a little moer polite about it.

I agree with you. I speak both English and Spanish and when I'm in a conversation with several people and a couple that speak Spanish all of a sudden start speaking in their language I tell them that it is rude to the people that don't speak their language.

By the way I'd love to touch it if it doesn't bite.