Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Ibiza Special on ABC the other night.

djchris

yeah i caught a bit of it... they showed these 5 sorrerity (sp?) chicks get pissed-assed drunk. it was funny.

and this one girl who's a dancer at a club (dances alllll night) then gets off of work & goes to another club & dances for FUN! (reporter is thinking, these kids today have way more energy than i did when i was young, i wonder HOW they do it?? hmmmmmm??) lol, too funny!!

but that's all i saw, i was laughing too hard.

------------------

things to see, people to do... hehe

lavkrap@aol.com

Yeah, it made me want to go back in a BAD way - especially when they showed the terrace at Space. TV coverage sucks because people who don't even like House music or the club scene in general are going to see it and want to go there for the drinking, drugs and girls. I hope it doesn't turn into another American tourist destination like Cancun.

------------------

fjetblu2.jpg

Ha, yeah the British Consulate to Ibiza resigned a few years ago because he was ashamed of how the kids were acting.

The thing with Ibiza is it can be as tacky or as cool as you like. You really do have to know where to go or you may end up in a foam party.

------------------

I want to go out blazing not fade away.

I can resist anything but temptation.

flag-UK.gif

There is a new Ibiza on the way. It's going to be Iceland. That's right, Iceland. A few key people are pushing to make it the new party capital of the world. (during the summer at least)

It's true.

------------------

DON'T KNOCK IT

````````TILL U ROCK IT

Yeh it's both ILL HOUSE YOU San An is just horrible apart from the Mambo beach and a few bars.

But even places like Space are getting comercial so it's all moving on to new venues. Ibiza will never Die because it's constantly changing.

My freinds wont go to space anymore because it's full of crasherkids as they call them.

But there are places like DC10 that atre keeping the real vibe alive.

------------------

flag-UK.gif

Originally posted by sf97:

There is a new Ibiza on the way. It's going to be Iceland. That's right, Iceland. A few key people are pushing to make it the new party capital of the world. (during the summer at least)

It's true.

Great, considering Iceland has the most alcohol consumption per capita in the world! Just what it needs, more drunks and rollers smile.gif

------------------

------------------------

flash.gif

Like Keebler, it made me want to go back to Ibiza in such a BAD WAY!!!!!

What made me laugh was when the reporter said an island coverd with the music of techno!! Ooookkkaaayyy then!! rolleyes.gif

The best part was when the promoter said, "There is no black, yellow, gay, straight, woman or man. Just people with the same mission. EVERYDAY IS A SATURDAY IN IBIZA!!" WOO! HOO!!

BlueAngel

------------------

"Do you believe in love at first sight or do I need to walk by again?"

angel.gif

remember the part when the guy was dying on the ground, and his friend was praying. that kinda freaked me out a bit. then they were interviewing some chick who stated that those people who get sick, die, whatever do not deserve to be in ibiza cuz they can't handle it. callous bitch. maybe i just took it wrong

anyway, from the looks of it, it has become the "cancun" of europe.

my friend just got back, and he said some of it was great, some was sooo cheesy, but all in all, he had an amazing time. he was dropping 7 a night! for nearly a week. braindead! anyone, anyone, bueller...

Originally posted by nycedee:

remember the part when the guy was dying on the ground, and his friend was praying. that kinda freaked me out a bit. then they were interviewing some chick who stated that those people who get sick, die, whatever do not deserve to be in ibiza cuz they can't handle it. callous bitch. maybe i just took it wrong

B]

There is quiet a few people in England at the moment who have a "canner" mentality. They try to out do each other, not just with drugs but going out for long hours and drinking etc. It's in built into British society. You will here the phrase light weight used all the time, people spur each other on with it.

But there are two Ibiza's they shouldn't be confused. One Cancun, one clubbing the problem is because dance culture is so big now the Cancun type people are crossing over which is why Ibiza is going through a transition at the moment. The more MTV parties that are thrown the more people move away from the big clubs....

I don't think it will move away from Ibiza because I (and the Hippies) really do believe it has a magic.

------------------

flag-UK.gif

[This message has been edited by back2basics (edited 09-14-2000).]