Clubplanet Nightlife Community

$30 to get into THE WORLD? What?

Thats crazy! God you pay 30 to get in then drinks are anywhere from $8 to 10 and thats not even including the tip. Then you have bathroom attendants to tip for putting soap on your hands and giving you a paper towel. Damn! This is getting ridiculous. Thank goodness for drugs!

------------------

catwink1.gif

Originally posted by misskittie:

Thats crazy! God you pay 30 to get in then drinks are anywhere from $8 to 10 and thats not even including the tip. Then you have bathroom attendants to tip for putting soap on your hands and giving you a paper towel. Damn! This is getting ridiculous. Thank goodness for drugs!

Kittie...that's exactly what I'm saying.....give me a break...of course I personally don't plan on paying that much, but if you don't know anyone, that's alot of money...know what i mean....especially since it's the first night.....i think that amount might be incorrect......

------------------

lightinggirl@hotmail.com

Originally posted by lightinggirl:

Kittie...that's exactly what I'm saying.....give me a break...of course I personally don't plan on paying that much, but if you don't know anyone, that's alot of money...know what i mean....especially since it's the first night.....i think that amount might be incorrect......

Well whens it open? I gotta see how much time I have befoer then to get some connects for this place....haha. I think I know someone but Im not sure. But still,i DONT THINK im going to like it anyway being in times square and all. I dont want ppl seeing me bright and early in the morning when its 10:30am and Im leaving the club rolling my face off and they started their day hours ago. Thats not for me.

------------------

catwink1.gif

Originally posted by misskittie:

Well whens it open? I gotta see how much time I have befoer then to get some connects for this place....haha. I think I know someone but Im not sure. But still,i DONT THINK im going to like it anyway being in times square and all. I dont want ppl seeing me bright and early in the morning when its 10:30am and Im leaving the club rolling my face off and they started their day hours ago. Thats not for me.

Kittie....THE WORLD opens on Saturday, 9/23....i hear ya about the TIMES SQUARE thing.....hey, it deserves a chance......we'll see.....they've gotta have someone good at the door to keep the weirdos/tourists out.....wait, what am I saying....i guess we're all weird in our own way......... smile.gif

------------------

lightinggirl@hotmail.com

I will gladly pay you Tuesday for a Hamburger today.

It's getting out of hand. I mean for that amount of money they should just take my money and bend me over it and have the bouncer just jam me one in the ass. Talk about RAPE. frown.gif

------------------

It's all in the music

Guest crystalmethodny

Chris...

I heard you like that though.

LOL

------------------

"We're going to build things up slowly... are you with me? Here we go."

What do you expect when someone opens a club in the Times Square area? It'll be a tourist trap. I live in Hell's Kitchen and I have no respect for anything in the 40's east of 9th Avenue.

A while ago some friends from Connecticut were out in the city and we all went out. Took them to a nice lounge with kick ass music. An hour later the following exchange ensued:

Them: "Let's go to Centro-Fly."

Me: "You don't like it here?"

Them: "We do, but we want to go to Centro-Fly."

Me: "Wha?"

Them: "Cause... it's just more of a club."

Me: "But I thought you liked it here?"

Them: "We do, but we just... wanna go there!"

Upon which I gave in and we proceeded to Centro-Fly where we paid $20 to join a crowd of sweaty obnoxious guys, one of whom I almost got in a fight with. It's not that I don't like CF (in fact I used to go there all the time), but to me this highlighted the out-of-towner mentality. I picked a place because it was coo, comfortable, and fun; they were dying to go to a place they could tell their friends about.

...go figure which clientele The World is catering to.

Originally posted by resident:

What do you expect when someone opens a club in the Times Square area? It'll be a tourist trap. I live in Hell's Kitchen and I have no respect for anything in the 40's east of 9th Avenue.

A while ago some friends from Connecticut were out in the city and we all went out. Took them to a nice lounge with kick ass music. An hour later the following exchange ensued:

Them: "Let's go to Centro-Fly."

Me: "You don't like it here?"

Them: "We do, but we want to go to Centro-Fly."

Me: "Wha?"

Them: "Cause... it's just more of a club."

Me: "But I thought you liked it here?"

Them: "We do, but we just... wanna go there!"

Upon which I gave in and we proceeded to Centro-Fly where we paid $20 to join a crowd of sweaty obnoxious guys, one of whom I almost got in a fight with. It's not that I don't like CF (in fact I used to go there all the time), but to me this highlighted the out-of-towner mentality. I picked a place because it was coo, comfortable, and fun; they were dying to go to a place they could tell their friends about.

...go figure which clientele The World is catering to.

interesting point...i respect that.......

------------------

lightinggirl@hotmail.com

Guest SHAWN

I HAVE A FEELING THIS PLACE ISN'T GOING TO BE ALL THAT. MY FRIEND PEEPED OUT THE BLDG. AND ITS @ THE SAME PLACE THE WWF RESTAURANT BLDG. IS AND THE INSIDE ISN'T THAT BIG @ ALL! NO WAY WILL IT BE BIGGER THAN EXIT. WE'LL SEE WHAT HAPPENS ON THE 23RD. FOR $30 THEY COULD GET MY NUTZ!

Give it a chance, it is only $20 on the list.

Originally posted by SHAWN:

I HAVE A FEELING THIS PLACE ISN'T GOING TO BE ALL THAT. MY FRIEND PEEPED OUT THE BLDG. AND ITS @ THE SAME PLACE THE WWF RESTAURANT BLDG. IS AND THE INSIDE ISN'T THAT BIG @ ALL! NO WAY WILL IT BE BIGGER THAN EXIT. WE'LL SEE WHAT HAPPENS ON THE 23RD. FOR $30 THEY COULD GET MY NUTZ!

------------------

Dave H.

Toxic Productions