Clubplanet Nightlife Community

SOUNDFACTORY vs EXIT

veddster

lol u people just dont fckin get it if u knew as much as i did about house music u would understand that jonathan peters sux i only give him cred it 4 djin that many hrs but he really sux u would understand he sux and 1st of all look at his mixes and listen 2 them and maybe u would understand that he is only good playing other peoples stuff and exit SATURDAY is basically stuff that u havent heard of friday is more commercial but saturday is stuff that u guys havent heard of cuz boris gets a lot of sh*t before everyone and i been 2 factory (saturdays) many times many times 2 find out how u like jp so much i dont get it i mean he plays black legend least 10 times and 4 example like when final chapter or whatever song starts getting good he starts it over oooo wow some fckin dj im runnin 2 sf now

peace

Originally posted by imyerxtc:

lol u people just dont fckin get it if u knew as much as i did about house music u would understand that jonathan peters sux i only give him cred it 4 djin that many hrs but he really sux u would understand he sux and 1st of all look at his mixes and listen 2 them and maybe u would understand that he is only good playing other peoples stuff and exit SATURDAY is basically stuff that u havent heard of friday is more commercial but saturday is stuff that u guys havent heard of cuz boris gets a lot of sh*t before everyone and i been 2 factory (saturdays) many times many times 2 find out how u like jp so much i dont get it i mean he plays black legend least 10 times and 4 example like when final chapter or whatever song starts getting good he starts it over oooo wow some fckin dj im runnin 2 sf now

peace

did you ever go to english class?

------------------

icon9.giflove.gificon7.gif

SF - friday for sf = teen nite bunch of kids......

DUDE FIRST OFF BOTH PLACES HAVE WHAT YOU CALL TEEN NITE on Friday along with most of NYC!

As for JP vs. Draper and Boris......(*yawn...tired as drama*)

Good, that means you will continue to go to Exit.....next week I am sure your gonna be sayin how AWESOME the WORLD is...."this shit kills me...LOL"

~R~

You people know both clubs are getting tired...the advantage I'd give to JP is that he actually gets asked to dj in other places besides SF...he was in Miami a few weeks ago...unlike the exit dj's who just blow...they are horrible...SF is still not a bad club but Exit is on a downfall...they treat there dj's like shit there and are very unorganized in their events...However, the best club in the city if Twilo...by far...no question...they ahve the best Sound System in the world...a great setup....the best light displays...and if you know a club in NYC that gets better dj's...please let me know because to my knowledge, there is no such place.

Check it::

These 2 places as we all know, are compleatley different from eachother. Personally, they are 2 of my favorite places to be. I, being a 20yr old male, have expierienced both places, on both fridays, and saturdays. And i have a winner HANDS DOWN. :::drumroll:::

BOTH PLACES ON SATURDAY.

its all about the older crowd. I cant wait till my next birthday, so i dont have to veer my way past doorpeople, and enjoy these places on a Sat. cause quite frankly, i cant stand the Friday night crowds at either place.

Allas, there must be a winner. one cant be just as good as the other. so i am going to base my decision on vibe, and music.

Hands down once again ladies and gents.....

Soundfactory is the best! JP is the man, and there are so many different people there...what is not to like? smile.gif!

God Bless everyone!

-al-

The friday and saturday night venues at factory are both fat. The music is great both nights. Although the crowd is younger on Friday, they are not all "kids." I recollect (on many occasions), seeing an age group of 19-at least 30 in that place on a friday night. If someone really loves clubbing as much as many of the people on this chat seem to, they wont give a shit about the age of the people within the club, it's about the music they play. And although I have never even heard of Luv and Lodi before Factory fridays, I love what they play. JP is a good dj as well, even though he has his faults (and i am sure if you give it some time and think about it, all dj's have their faults), he is a superb dj. The only difference I notice on saturdays is that there are twice as many juiceheads in factory, and the crowd is older, but not by much. You have a range of about 20 - 30. And those who breach that limit are easy to spot, because they are very few. On top of that, many of the older men that go there are either juiced beyond recognition and can't really dance. And as for the girls, well....the modified version of the running man seems to be the universal dance for all of them, but they look beautiful while doing it...unless of course, they are ovese, then they simply look hideous.

As for Exit, it is a phat club....not much of a new york crowd (which is well known), but it is good. It impresses me to look down at that dance floor and see that crowd packed on there, it reminds me of how beautiful New york has and always will be. Even if the crowd is largely foreign (borough wise), who cares? that is what makes New York city the capital of the world: Everyone wants to come here. As for the music, the sound system is not bad at Exit, but the dj's don't play better music than Factory. Draper is decent on a friday night, sometimes I really like to hear some older songs, that i know the words to. As for Boris, well....he is superb as well, but has his faults and doesnt always play good shit. However, no dj in the world plays good shit all the time, once they reach a certain status, they all have their preferences that they make known, and those preferences aren't always liked by the crowd.

As for Sound Factory vs. Exit, that is a stupid battle, since factory has been around for a long time, and Exit just made it's debut not very long ago. From the days of 27th street to 46th street, Factory will always be a great club, "mainstream" or not.

And as for factory becoming mainstream....what do you expect to happen? Do you expect the club to remain with a strict following and not get any new blood? Look at Twilo now. Just because the crowd changes, it doesnt mean the club sucks...whatever many may consider factory to be, it hardly matters. I go there and I feel the same vibe every time. I get off the hook with my dancing and let my feet do the talking....All the other faggots (regardless of what club I am at) can do what they wish, sit off to the side, dangle their glowsticks, do some bumps, smoke some weed, drink, fuck in the bathroom, stand around in a circle, watch me dance...it really makes no difference. Regardless of what the crowd's vibe is, I am a die hard factory patron, and nothing as insignificant as a few pussies could ever change that, or the vibe of the club, if you really love it.

The clubs were exciting when they were more "underground," that is true. But overall, i am just glad to see that house is on this level of fame now. Even though half the people who love to go there don't know shit about it (which you all know).

I can see how all the mainstreamness and pricks flooding the club can piss of the true followers of these places, but what can you do....just enjoy yourself and remember that regardless of who is there, or what kind of people are there, you are the ones who keep the shit alive, you always have been.

I love New York.

If everyone wants to hear great music, better than draper,boris, and jp all together. And if you can handle the homos, you should all vencher into twilo after hours. Like around 6am. Junior is by far the best dj I have ever heard live. He just doesn't give a fuck and plays everything.***********