Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Sasha and Digweed Communicate

Guest ianr

Guest ianr

Hey everybody! I know the CD has been out for a little while but what does everybody think of it now that you've heard it a couple of times... I still love it as much as the first time I put it in the CD changer! And what about favorite songs on the album? 'Roaches' and the Slacker 'Voices' remix blend is one of the phattest I've heard.

Originally posted by atf104:

Great cd, one of my favs, but I lost some respect for s and d when i found out all their cd's are computer mixed, including sasha's san fran, and diggers' hong kong, which are two of my favs... great cd's but to me its all about doing it live, and feeling them in the mix... As far as I know, dt is the only one doing the GU's live at this point. sucks...

-Adam

cwm16.gif

sorry to burst your bubble, but none of the GU series have ever been recorded live, inclding DT's (Athens or London).

They are all mixed after the live performance using the same tracks (or as many as they can get licensed) played that night.

I don't mean to be argumentative, it's just the truth. Go to the boxed website if you disagree.

Originally posted by whitneyrmxr:

sorry to burst your bubble, but none of the GU series have ever been recorded live, inclding DT's (Athens or London).

They are all mixed after the live performance using the same tracks (or as many as they can get licensed) played that night.

I don't mean to be argumentative, it's just the truth. Go to the boxed website if you disagree.

he's right, none of them are actually recorded live, it doesn't matter, they're still amazing

and i do still like communicate as well

-Rob

------------------

"And thus they give the time, that Nature meant

For peaceful sleep and meditative snores,

To ceaseless din and mindless merriment

And waste of shoes and floors."

Guest clubkid77

As for incorect track listings on "communicate" i know they list "Put your ear phones on", the name of the track is "philter" they mixed up the 2 sides of the proper philthy naughty record...

It doesn't bother me that most mixes are 'pro-tooled' If Im paying top dollar for cds, you can bet your skippy I want them to sound perfect.

They've already proved to the world time and time again that they can mix their ass off...

If you listen to cds made a few years ago, most of them sound like crap.

I have heard a lot of people say they don't like communicate. I love it. I don't care that they are not live. It is like drinking fine wine after it has been shipped. I'd rather be in Tuscany but it is still really fucking good.

There are a lot of sounds happening on that disk. I hear new shit every time I listen to it.

This cd was good but I thought it lacked longevity. Most of the tracks are dated... Putting Roaches on for over 8 min bore me to death.

Having said that, a perfect example of a cd with longevity is GU017-Tenaglia London. It covers all angles. A lil' something for everyone.

Both Danny Tenaglia CD's were recorded on a live dj setup, not during a club night, but live. The new london was recorded right at vinyl when the club was closed. I mean the difference between a DJ actually mixing the cd and using a computer program to do it. No disrespect to Diggers and sasha who are terrific mixers, I just like the feel of a live cd more, expecially as a DJ. cwm1.gif

------------------

"Children, come together, in the spirit, OF HOUSE" -Aaron Carl

Originally posted by sleepiswaste:

the nick warren gu's are live...

Nick Warren is the man....I love his GU cds. His next GU: Amsterdam(not sure becuase it was supposed to be Berlin before) should be coming out shortly. Try to download his essestial mix from Napster, 10.3.99.

There's tracks on there that he spun before PVD or S&D got a hold of them. cwm11.gif

Can someone get this man a residency @ Twilo?? cwm7.gif

------------------

lpbutton.gif

"Do you still dream...do you still dream like me...infectious corruptive dreams."

shadowchaser076@aol.com

Great cd, one of my favs, but I lost some respect for s and d when i found out all their cd's are computer mixed, including sasha's san fran, and diggers' hong kong, which are two of my favs... great cd's but to me its all about doing it live, and feeling them in the mix... As far as I know, dt is the only one doing the GU's live at this point. sucks...

-Adam

cwm16.gif

------------------

"Children, come together, in the spirit, OF HOUSE" -Aaron Carl