Clubplanet Nightlife Community

NYC next weekend

Coming into the city from Los Angeles.

Checking out De La Guarda on Friday (I've heard its off da' hook.

Friday night: open (so far)

Sat: World (I think)

Early morning graveyard shift at the Factory.

Fun...fun...fun... Look forward to a Super 3 days. Wish it was a bit longer, but what can you do. cwm1.gif

Hope to see some of you out and about.

Who in the hell is JV??

Stop misinforming the poor guy to a crap party.

If you like Sasha & Digweed, then I urge you to see Danny Howells, who in my opinion is one of the hottest djs of the moment. See for yourself...

If you're into NY house, then Sound Factory or Exit would be more suitable for you.

Good luck.

cwm24.gif you're going to the world?? cwm3.gif ummmmmmm, id hate for you to go home and tell all your friends how much the NYC club scene sucks *so* . . .

luv,

brandie

------------------

"And those who were seen dancing

were thought to be insane by those

who could not hear the music."

**NEW EMAIL!!**

brandie@powerpuff.com

or

loves2cox@netscape.net

AIM: loves2cox

Originally posted by Nolimit:

Who in the hell is JV??

Stop misinforming the poor guy to a crap party.

i wouldn't call it a crap party. have you been there? vicious plays a lot of bangin tracks and doesnt' just throw down the same old nyc hard house. imo opinion he's a great dj. guess he's just not your style.

i am thinking about twilo saturday. heard good things about howells, isn't he gonna be at roxy in october that weekend when BT is there and ministry of sound?

-Rob

------------------

"And thus they give the time, that Nature meant

For peaceful sleep and meditative snores,

To ceaseless din and mindless merriment

And waste of shoes and floors."

cwm20.gif Love the sheer abundance of options. It's maddening!

It is much more about the one "in" place most nights here.

Okay, I'll take suggestions at this point since the whole WWF deal has turned World upside down. smile.gif

• TWILO? (Friday?) (Sat?)
  • Saci? (Friday?)
  • Spa? (How much work am I looking at?)
  • Exit? (Heard mixed reviews from people)
  • Tunnel?
  • Vinyl?

Shout out your thoughts NY.

-TWILO- should be great w/ richie hawtin and john acquaviva friday/ saturday w/ danny howells and junior. never heard howells so might check him out. amazing system and late afterhours into mornign/afternoon.

-Sound Factory- dont' bother on friday and saturday jp can be good and horrible. havent' been there in a while cuz wasn't feelin it. hard house and open til late in the mornign/afternoon for afterhours.

-Exit- overall club ain't bad materially. great venue and really good system but crowd is awful and music too. still waiting for boris to pick up like big fridays cuz have been on hiatus from exit as well and won't be headin back unless i hear good things of boris.

-Spa- very trendy and exclusive. not after hours spot and expensive. don't expect great music either, but definetly good looking crowd and tough door.

-Saci- haven't heard anything from hear in a while. was a hotspot for model/trendy crowd back in june/july. probably still is. tough door.

-Tunnel- saturdays worth it. Vicious rips it up into afterhours, but not late. end around 8. younger crowd and more the drinking type then factory.

Vinyl- friday danny tenaglia w/ deep hard house. A great party w/ DT throwin down tracks representing, what many say, is the true sound of nyc underground. Not a trendy crowd, or one interested in "the scene", you can "Be Yourself" at the discreet hubert st. location and save the drama fo yo mama b/c these people are only there for one thing, the music and that is, in essence Mr. Danny Tenaglia.

hope this helped biggrin.gif

-Rob

------------------

"And thus they give the time, that Nature meant

For peaceful sleep and meditative snores,

To ceaseless din and mindless merriment

And waste of shoes and floors."

Also...This Saci, Spa bullshit...What the fuck???? Just trust me and hit Twilo, if you want the best hardcore experience NY has to offer, go there....Make sure it is Friday when you go. To bad your not coming for Sasha+Digweed or Paul Van Dyke. These are the types of powerhouses who spin there.

Well I can only speak for my own party at Saci, Spoiledbrat Friday's.

SACI is still a hotspot for model/trendy crowd. It's pretty crazy outside. Yeah we have a tough rope policy, but that's just the way the scene is. Anyway if you are looking for the "scene" Saci on Friday is the only place to go, if you want to experience a vipe where only the music matters go to Twilo on Friday. Besides we play mostly hip hop at SACI friday's.

------------------

Matthew

Saci Fri, Joe's Pub Sat.

flavapromo2@aol.com

matty,

how'd you think he got that suggestion for saci in the first place... wink.gif

Herby -

Why not do both?...

I suggest hitting a 'scen'spot first, saci/spa/float are a beautiful clubs with beautiful women, then around 3, head to twilo to experience one of, if not the best hard core club in the world. you're in NYC for a short time, so do it up. if you're worried about $$, then don't even bother coming, but for 3 days, live large bro! have fun

Just so you know Twilo on Saturday nights is gay night. I've heard that the music is good (Junior Vasquez), but some of my heterosexual friends went once and will never ever go back. I would recommend going Friday to Twilo if you aren't gay or bi.

To pre-party before going out I would recommend Liquids on 10th between 1st and Avenue A.

If you want to have a good time with a good crowd, try Saci on Friday. All I have to say is thumbs up all the way. Beautiful women and everybody is pretty cool. Then again, the door policy is strict, but worth it. If you would like more info, read my review on clubnyc reviews for Saci Friday.

Originally posted by djchris:

Chuck 'E' Cheese - The best place to check out. tongue.gif

Is that where I get my famous NY pizza from biggrin.gif

I just wanted to thank you all for the information.

The pretty ladies are a nice touch. Must say there is a $hit-load of 'em in LA too. As well as about 3 billion of 'em world wide. so What's as important is an awesome venue with pulse and drenched with energy.

As it stands now:

Friday: De le Guarda

Dinner in little Italy.

Saci

Vinyl (later)- Is DT spinning this friday?

Sat: Twilo till Dawn smile.gif (I love that!) None of this 3 AM closing times for me thanks.

MOMA during the day Sat. Maybe fashion district. No Mets or Yankees in town for a ball game.

Oh well... Please hit up the LA message board if you're coming to town. I will hook you up with hot spots and <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/guestlists/" TARGET="_blank">guest lists</A> .

peace,

Hank