Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Webster Hall

tara19

Well, although I just read a couple of pretty dumb and ignorant comments about "hip-hop retards" and "immigrant juiceheads", I won't get into that, it's not worth it. But since I've been there a couple of times, I'll try to answer some other questions...

ezdreamer - you're right, it's not an afterhours place, it clears out around 5.

blueskygirl - they do get good trance djs lately, Taucher spinned there twice I think and will be there again Sep. 29.

I enjoyed the place those couple of times I've been there cause I didn't go there for thwe crowd... to be a "regular" or hang out with my crew... I like epic trance and Webster Hall is one of the few places in the city I was able to find it. Now a lot of people find trance cheesy, but hey, to each their own. But if you're into that, definitely check it out.

------------------

I came, I saw... I saw, I came...

I think this will eventually become a stable (not jam packed every night, but good overall) party that will last for a long time.... As far as tourists go, I personally think it's cool to be exposed to other kinds of people, who wants to see the same crowd all the time? Alex and Leo could easily put 5,000 people in the room with a ridiculous promotion, but that is not their goal or the club's... Webster hall is more of a business than most clubs, they are starting a record label and operate a radio station, as well as the tranzworld CDs, they dont wans a splash in the pan party that is dope for three months then dies out. they are planning more for longevity....

And all I got to say is - anyone that's gonna be in Miami for WMC, the lineup for the Webster Hall party down there is gonna be MONUMENTAL! It's not completely figured out yet, and i won't mention names cause I don't wanna start drama, but its gonna be dope, and probably at Crobar.....

smile.gif

------------------

"Losers try. Winners go home and fuck the prom queen." www.djrussreign.com

Webster Hall is a great space. Yes, maybe "touristy" but personally I think the set up of a club is very important. It's fun to go somewhere where there are many rooms to explore. The building has some history.

The main thing I dislike about a place like SF is it's just a big boring space.

Ok, well russ reign you're right about the radio station thing they're doing, it's going to start broadcasting on Friday's, it should be really good, it hasn't started yet. And it's actually 21 and over on Sat. they might be changing that but as of yet they haven't. They're also planing to have drag parties in the near future. We have new management there and if all goes as planned,it won't be as cheesy anymore. I agree the door policy MUST change. smile.gif