Clubplanet Nightlife Community

atlanta help

pilla

i am going to atlanta this sunday the 24th

and staying until friday and was wondering where to go i am staying at the grand hyatt atlanta on peachtree rd and want to know whats close for food and party buckhead is cool but its probally like a $20 cab ride

------------------

music is an escape from reality-----------

since it is the week and i am working and drugs are not easily avaliable to me i guess i am looking for a bar that has good music either house/trance or rock maybe one of each and as good people and girls and a place where an italian guy from the bronx will not stick out to much

ps i will have on a piazza jersey so no sports bars made that mistake last yar during the playoffs atlanta fans are so tame i basically had to start all the arguments

------------------

ok, if your in town for a few i would suggest renting a car, otherwise you will be stuck at your hotel. Cab's are sooo expensive there. If you like the after work crowd the Tavern @ phipps is very cool, good food,27-40 in age normally. If you want a good local feel, the highland tap is good, or the pub. As for clubs i still have to go with MJQ it's the best. pick up a creative loafing (like the voice). And if you crave pizza my brother in law owns the best pizza places in atlanta Johnny's pizza. So ask away if you need anything else.steph cwm5.gif

------------------

pikaonaball.gif

I would also definitely suggest renting a car. Are you at the Grand Hyatt in Buckhead on Peachtree? If you are, then you can definitely walk to a bunch of places. The clubs pretty much suck there and I guess MJQ would be one of the only places to recommend. I wouldn't even recommend it to be honest. In terms of food, ask the concierge at the Hyatt. Atlanta is a great restaurant city. Just walk around Buckhead if you want to find a place to get wasted. There's plenty of them. Midtown also has a bunch of decent bars and lounges. Try Leopard Lounge out.

thanks

i dont want to rent a car because there is nowhere to park it at the convention center w/o paying an arm and a leg and i am still there for business so thanks for the advice

------------------

I think I may be too late to help you, but here goes: I lived there for fourteen years and keep in touch w/ friends about where they are partying. Buckhead is not doing well because of recent shootings, stabbings and hit & runs. If you end up in Buckhead, try Plush or Tongue & Groove. In Midtown, which is closer to your hotel, there is Leopard Lounge (hot women), Crescent Room (very cool, dancing, good tunes), Nomenclature (small but there's dancing, great music), Cosmopolitan, and for the late-night rolling and gay crowd, check out Backstreets. Expect a line starting at 3 a.m. on Saturday night, that's when all the other clubs close. There's also a place called Riviera which is an after-hours club that is fairly new and doing well I've heard. East at Genki in Buckhead for sushi, or in Midtown at RuSan's (a little less expensive). There are so many good restaurants, not many in the downtown area, you should check out citysearch.com to find where you want to go. For good Mexican near your hotel, try Rio Bravo. Dailey's downtown is good too, but expensive. One cool lounge place downtown is Karma, and a good restaurant for cocktails is Mumbo Jumbo but don't bother eating there unless you're on an expense account!! Let us know how your weekend went!!!

If you are on expense, and are looking for a really up-scale dinner ($57 Prix Fixe), try Bacchanalia on Howell Mill Road. Take 14th Street north to the end and turn right. It is just ahead on the left.

If you have to impress anyone while you are there, this is the place to go. You may have to work with the concierge if you want to get a reservation, however.

JDogg

------------------

I stopped at a Sbarro and asked for an espresso.

The bright light working there said "Sorry we only

have Cheese and Pepperoni."