Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Worst LIGHT SHOW in the city!!!!! :)

jaysea

Who cares about light system when music is slamming like last Saturday. It was awesome and I would enjoy it even if there is a complete dark.

Pulse-02.gif

------------------

We're in this together now

none of them can stop us now

we will make it through somehow...

honestly....you are on cheap crack. im not sayin that its the BEST, but its fucking awesome. i think that the best lighting is EXIT.....but SF has a really great lighting set up.....upstairs anyway. not crazy bout the basment.

-al- cwm24.gif

------------------

A man makes his sunshine, and he makes his rain. Look at what you have, and where you are, before you say, "I've had a horrible day" Appreciate what you have, and realize how much others wish they could have that much. Live Life, and LOVE IT! --Me

i know you're out there...i can feel you now. i know that you're afraid...that you're afraid of us...afraid of change..i dont know the future..i didnt come here to tell you how this is going to end. i came here to tell you how it begins. im going to hang up this phone, and im going to show these people what you dont want them to see. im going to show them the world....a world with out you....a world withough rules or controls a world without borders or boundries..... a world where anying is possible where we go from there is a choice i leave to you--Neo

Clubbers dont fall,they trip, and roll-Erm

Cheap Crack!!

LOL!!

Sorry if i steped on your shoes!

BITCH!

But SF to me is boring,

Very basic lighting, Martin, Xmz's, nothing super high Teck,

Just a though, still think SF BLOWS ASS.

Sorry, im fucking sick of people,

lol

------------------

**Fuck This tigh pussy up**

you BIG Fat Fuck!!

I ain't gonna tell you again!

<<<<Sweet PuSSy Pauline {NYC}

WHo cares about lighting. yea, it does add a little more to the atmosphere. But Im there for the music and the people. DOn't let a little thing like lighting ruin your night. And there is no way that SF is boring!! cwm14.gif

------------------

~The poor long for Riches,

The rich long for Heaven,

But the wise desire Tranquility.~

Guest crystalmethodny

Lighting is a MAJOR part of the club.

Try going out to a club with just a disco ball... actually, that works for me, but then again... I'm all about the soul of the music.

Jaysea - Help me out here, you know what I mean, right? Yeah... uhhuh

Lights add to the total atmosphere, face it.

------------------

"We're going to build things up slowly... are you with me? Here we go."

OK my .02 cents???

Lighting is a HUGE factor.. ok ok, not gonna say more important that music, but I'd almost say there are close 2 equal...

I need great music and lights that make me feel the music... strobes, lasers, smoke, the whole 9. Its called presentation.

Example, even in Philly, at transit, JP and the lights = the best night in philly.

lights are definetly a big part of the club. thats not to say that music isn't the most important aspect, but the lights are still important as they are another aspect of the club. The idea of club conjures up images of loud music, many people, and colored lights strobes etc. its helps create the atmosphere. the music can certainly be enjoyed w/o the lights, w/o question, but the club embodies a surreal environment created through all its elements which include lights.

w/ that rambling said, i also agree that the lighting system at sound factory is pretty bad. i don't it just doesn't seem to do it for me, not to mention the disco ball couldn't be in a worse place, but i guess thats just due to setup limitations. Twilo has the best lighting system including operator. i don't know the guy by name, but he works the system at hand to its full capacity and potential. Exit i think has the best lighting system as far as solely equipment is concerned. the guy working them is really not that good though. seems like half the time they're pointed at the ceiling, and flashing the strobes and holding it for a few seconds was one of the most amazing efx i thought i had ever seen the first time, but 987247490389 times later its just annoying. put the lighting operator from twilo at exit and it would surely be the best in the city. roxy has a pretty good lighting system too.

-Rob

------------------

"And thus they give the time, that Nature meant

For peaceful sleep and meditative snores,

To ceaseless din and mindless merriment

And waste of shoes and floors."

hmr3.gif

ban1.gifmovie1b.gifscream.gif

Go to say that I was less than impressed with Sound Factory's lights(which equates to shitty lights).

Gotta say that Twilo has some of the best lights I've seen....what are those new lights they just added under the DJ booth..they're awesome. Its a pity they did away with the lasers...I can still remember the phenomenal non-stop laser show from 9 onward at S&D's 3 year anniversary!

Haven't seen Exit's lights but I hear they're very good too.

------------------

Thank GAWD for the music...!

Originally posted by raver_mania:

Go to say that I was less than impressed with Sound Factory's lights(which equates to shitty lights).

Gotta say that Twilo has some of the best lights I've seen....what are those new lights they just added under the DJ booth..they're awesome. Its a pity they did away with the lasers...I can still remember the phenomenal non-stop laser show from 9 onward at S&D's 3 year anniversary!

Haven't seen Exit's lights but I hear they're very good too.

the laser was show was brought in for special events and raised the price to what its current level for normal nights is.

------------------

hmr3.gif

yo djmikealive when i went to twilko a few months back i thought the lights sucked also. just a few light bulbs on the ceiling wow how special.. i gotta go with exit as the one.. music is important but i like the lights also..like when theres a huge buildup and the stadium lights at exit turn on and its nothing but white how sick is that.

------------------

i only speak the truth

peace image-jaune.jpg

Originally posted by msoprano13:

yo djmikealive when i went to twilko a few months back i thought the lights sucked also. just a few light bulbs on the ceiling wow how special.. i gotta go with exit as the one.. music is important but i like the lights also..like when theres a huge buildup and the stadium lights at exit turn on and its nothing but white how sick is that.

yea ok mike, you know you sweat twilo biggrin.gif

-Rob

------------------

hmr3.gif

[This message has been edited by PFloyd40 (edited 09-25-2000).]

completely agree

lights add to the atmosphere

i only liked the lights at sf one time because they dropped the whole lighting thing

which is shaped like a circle, on to the dancefloor

it looked so cool if you were inside the circle of lights

did anyone else ever see that?

exit has cool lights

i miss the laser lights they had for a while

i felt like i was in the jennifer lopez video

exit closed later than usual because of those lights, everyone stayed and watched the lasers with amazement

it felt like you were in a ride with a bunch of green beams spinning around you

i think every club needs to get those lights

tunnel had good lights for the grand reopening, i felt like i was tripping even though i was sober

as for twilo, i can't comment cause i still haven't been there

everyone on this board raves about how good it is, i hope i'm not disappointed when i finally go.

Originally posted by msoprano13:

music is important but i like the lights also..like when theres a huge buildup and the stadium lights at exit turn on and its nothing but white how sick is that.

That's one of my favorite parts!!

I love the lights at Exit. As far as Factory goes, to be completely honest...I never really noticed them! Guess they didn't make enough of an impression.

I always remember the lights,scene, etc...from Exit and the music from Sound Factory. Guess that's how each club makes an impression on me.

I can come back from Exit and not remember one song I heard there but be able to recall almost every song from Factory.

Is this making any sense?? cwm32.gif

------------------

blultbar.gif

disco_anim_bf16.gif A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to it's old dimensions.

Guest ianr

This is a great post...

I personally LOVE the lights at Twilo. There is a large variety an the operator is the bomb! Plus Twilo has that Ice Blast System (I guess that goes under the lighting catagory). That fucking lazer at the PVD and SnD ann. was way to cool. As far as worst, sorry but Vinyl is pretty bad. Dont get mad I didn't say the music was, just the lighting. Exit is ok and so I SF.

Just my 2 cents!!!

I have to admit that the Ice Blast nitrogen blast system is probably the best thing going in the clubs right now. The problem that it has is that it 'rains' after it is used. It gets cold enough to freeze the humidity in the air and then when it thaws, it drips. I have been hit a couple of times and have looked around like WTF...

I look up and see the pipes still smoking and realize what happened. I hope that is all that I was hit with cwm24.gif .

JDogg

------------------

I stopped at a Sbarro and asked for an espresso.

The bright light working there said "Sorry we only

have Cheese and Pepperoni."