Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Jonnathan Peters Last Night

toto29

So??? How was it? Never made it there. I heard it was MAD packed though. I also heard the music was slammin'!! Anyone else go? I'm anxious to hear how JP was and also to find out from the first time Transit go-ers what they thought of it. Nothing compared to NY, right?

Yea, it was a great night all around. Cool meeting some of you, sorry I was running around the whole night. All in all, there were about 30 people from this and the deeper board there. Very cool that everyone came out. Transit got backed around 3:30, but wasn't as bad as it has been in the past. Music was off the hook!

Maybe this will set a trend of Philly meetups more often... Sorry to hear about Vinyl to all the faithfuls...

We'll all have to chill again real soon...

------------------

Live life every day as if it were your last!

Corporate

djcorporate@hotmail.com

I was there when DT was at Transit, and you can't really compare the two. Philly heads are more accustomed to JP style music; harder, more progressive type stuff. The vibe at DT was shitty b/c the people in Philly aren't used to that type of house music. If the crowds were more educated, it would be very different. Philly needs to be introduced to different types of music so that it can appreciate when a good dj comes to town. Until then, it will just be the same hard stuff over and over. Don't get me wrong, I love hard house. But I wouldn't mind a little bit of diversity every once and a while.

Adam - what do you do at Transit? Do you work with Noel and the crew? Have you ever worked with Rob Lee? Let me know, or hit me up at my email addy...

------------------

Live life every day as if it were your last!

Corporate

djcorporate@hotmail.com

cholo_40, hmm this is strange that you say that philly people are not used to the DT type of music and like harder stuff like JP. A bunch of my friends from Philly went to Transit to hear JP for the first time since I've been brainwashing them about how much I love him. They go clubbing in Philly a lot and in NY too. They said that JP was waay too hard for them. Of course different people have different tastes in music but it's just wierd since you say that the Philly crowd likes hard stuff.

OK I may be part of the philly crew now, but I have spent time at the NY crew, and my opinion is this.... as if u care.

JP, DT.... it's all good. A variety is neded in club life... who wants to hear the same shit every single week? Sometimes I enjoy hard house, sometimes I wanna hear some D&B, sometimes I wanna be tranced out, or sometimes believe it or not, I wanna chill with some Hip-hop.... I mean, damn, even a few friends, some alcohol and Pink Floyd can make the night complete.

Its all in variety.... just like the women cwm4.gif

------------------

Run to the bedroom, in the suitcase on the left you'll find my favorite ax.

Originally posted by peccatrice:

I mean, damn, even a few friends, some alcohol and Pink Floyd can make the night complete.

Yes! You're so right smile.gif I love different music also and agree that one style can get pretty old fast. Variety is the way to go. Some styles take a few tries though before you get into it. I'm not the biggest S&D fan but I'm definitely going this Friday. So many ppl can't be wrong. Gonna give them another try. Being open-minded is important and then you won't miss out on some great music that's out there.

Originally posted by mysteriousss:

I'm not the biggest S&D fan but I'm definitely going this Friday. So many ppl can't be wrong. Gonna give them another try. Being open-minded is important and then you won't miss out on some great music that's out there.

Ok believe it or not I have never checked out S&D. But I think this weekend will be spent in the city checking them out. I have a friend from school whos in a funk band playing at lions den friday, so I believe i'll have to check out S&D, is there gonna be a meetup???

------------------

One word about JP: UN-FUCKINGBELIEVEABLE!!!!!!!! He's the fucking man!!! That was my first time hearing/seeing JP and I still can't get over of how sick he was!! OMG, that music, was the sickest, harderst, darkest house i have ever heard and it was unreal!!! Had the best time, and so glad to have met some of you's! Def have to do a meet up again ,it was great!!!!

Sat night Magz and Luv and Lodi were here in Philly as well, they were good but couldn't compare to JP. The music was good though, had a blast as well!!

CAn't wait to see him again!!! biggrin.gifcwm12.gif

Sorry to get all hot but I constantly hear people bashing philly and the clubs and shit, like "the music sucked, or this and that. When it's not your type of music of course you won't like it. I like the names of the clubs, some are corny but who cares ya know.

I can't wait to see what Gasoline's all about. Got a flyer one online Adam? Haha, lol Players, that name was pretty funny! cwm27.gif

Sorry if I offended anyone, I just got irritated. I'm chilled and relaxed now biggrin.gif

I think philly clubs are ok, but whats the story with closing at like 3:30 at the latest??? Thats weak.... I live here now so I am defintly disappointed. I'll go someplace at like midnight and have 2 leave at like 2 or 3.... yuck. As 4 the clubs themselves... Transit I'd say is the best so far, though I haven't been to shampoo yet, and Deko is ok also, though more mainstream.

I wanna check out gasoline when they open, I hope they stay open late...

as 4 names??? who cares... just gimme a place with great music and lights that help me be completely enveloped in the music and I am there....

------------------

I wanna say I had agreat time Fri as well as Sat. Jp tore it up! Only met one person from this board, and I had a great time chilling with you and your bf, and his friends. Shampoo was a good time as well. Tent was cool, main dance floor was bigger, and the lights were huge upgrade. Luv and Lodi were equally impressive.

Cant wait to see Gasoline!

ill have a better quality one up later if you cant make out the fine print.... anyway, what do you guys think of a philly messageboard and separate philly page with club info...etc.. I know there is philly 2nite and all..but we all know they're lame...no messageboard, weak reviews by someone who doesnt know the scene...im talkin ClubPhilly, ClubNYC style! smile.gif What do you philly people think?? cwm35.gif

------------------

"Children, come together, in the spirit, OF HOUSE" -Aaron Carl

I dont know the layout yet or if it will be 18 and over all the time...i know that the main floor is 4000 sq ft and will be the largest place in philly.... Its not meant to be another transit...Transit is supposed to compete with deco, and gasoline is gonna compete with shampoo.. The transit people own gasoline, and the shampoo people own deco, egypt, delilah's...etc..

-Adam

------------------

"Children, come together, in the spirit, OF HOUSE" -Aaron Carl