Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Fridays are back at the ROXY!

djbrians

Maybe the Roxy shouldn't have a dress code so all the shirtless, sweaty guidos can come, pack the crib with a 10:1 male/female ratio, and make the club look like Steriod U. on K,...or allow the 18 year old nylon pants, sneaker wearing scene in the door so they could pretend they are part of a cool underground scene that they have no clue about and walk around like e-tarded zombies because they clueless dope users.....

This would be great so then the Roxy could be like most of the played out NYC club scene, including Twilo and their overexposed and overrated DJ's.....what happened to Clubland NYC, with door policies that helped create unique parties and different vibes??....simple, E means less people drink alcohol, which means clubs make less money..therefore let everyone in..

i highly doubt it bro. do you remember how beautiful the crowd was at big fridays w/ boris? not to mention boris was in his prime then. but did you go in april when they started it up again w/ mendez? the music was pretty good and all, but the crowd wasn't half as good looking as the year before. i mean it'll probably be one of the better looking crowd's in the city but won't top the old. crowd wise, that was the last great looking big club crowd i think there will ever be. but then again ojeda is a great dj so the party should still be good. who knows...

-Rob

------------------

"And thus they give the time, that Nature meant

For peaceful sleep and meditative snores,

To ceaseless din and mindless merriment

And waste of shoes and floors."

hmr3.gif

ban1.gifmovie1b.gifscream.gif

Originally posted by rug5:

Maybe the Roxy shouldn't have a dress code so all the shirtless, sweaty guidos can come, pack the crib with a 10:1 male/female ratio, and make the club look like Steriod U. on K,...or allow the 18 year old nylon pants, sneaker wearing scene in the door so they could pretend they are part of a cool underground scene that they have no clue about and walk around like e-tarded zombies because they clueless dope users.....

This would be great so then the Roxy could be like most of the played out NYC club scene, including Twilo and their overexposed and overrated DJ's.....what happened to Clubland NYC, with door policies that helped create unique parties and different vibes??....simple, E means less people drink alcohol, which means clubs make less money..therefore let everyone in..

Things are different now. Dress code today means Diesel Pants and a D&G tanktop or tight D&G black shirt. For girls its the short skirt and a halter or tube top. Or another way of putting it - designer name conformity.

Dress code back in the day was for expression and individualism not based on the latest trends. People were allowed to go as the wanted and be who they wanted not look like everybody else.

Keep your dress code and we'll see how long your parties last. By next year it'll just be the same old story -you'll be looking for another place where the pretty crowd is. I'm not saying your wrong for likeing that. I just think the large clubs shouldn't be that way.

I guess I'll just have to stick to Twilo and all the overrated DJs they have.

Also, this is not a knock on Roxy (just dress code policy) - I hope the night is a success.