Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Fridays are back at the ROXY!

djbrians

yes this is true i am the manager of cpi and slopes and i spoke to jason last week he told me about the party and he is very excited about it. you are right this will probably be the best fri party in the city.

p.s. jason good luck and thanks for a great summer see you at the roxy and hopefully you can make it up to slopes again. thanks again from john

Let's hope they do it right and actually have a chance to stick around for a while. If they try to do an Exit/SF type deal, it probably won't work. If they go for a Twilo/Vinyl feel, they can become one of the best clubs in the city. They have the space for it. There should be no dress code, no "you have to show up with girls", and no asshole bouncers who won't let people in because they have their balls twisted that day. No one want to hit a club in the city and have to worry that they won't get in. If that's the case, people will head over to Twi/Vinyl where they know they'll get in and never go to Roxy again. They will also spread the word that the place sux and that isn't good publicity.

------------------

Too crazy for Boys Town, too much of a boy for Crazy Town.

Guest ally

Originally posted by risa06:

I'm sorry...but I am all for a dress code cwm1.gif ...Roxy style please smile.gif

Lola!!! Me too (dress codes)!!! Especially at Roxy! I hope it comes back!!! And, that's my b-day...what to do, what to do!

smile.gif Ally

PS: Hope to see you soon...Ooooh, I learned a new one...Preevet?

Why should there be a dress code at a Club??? The place won't last too long if there is. Dess codes bring the Trendy crowds and you know what that means...when the trend is gone so are the customers who just jump from trend to trend. What do you think was one of the reasons for Big Fridays ending in the first place - people stopped going because it was a scene not a club.

SF is one of the very few exceptions when it comes to dress code at a club.

roxy fridays!!! i doubt it'll be able to top big fridays w/ boris, but it still should be a great party. i knew ojeda wasnt' spinning limelight anymore. someone needs to tell those guys promoting fridays w/ him.

-Rob

------------------

"And thus they give the time, that Nature meant

For peaceful sleep and meditative snores,

To ceaseless din and mindless merriment

And waste of shoes and floors."

hmr3.gif

ban1.gifmovie1b.gifscream.gif

Maybe the Roxy shouldn't have a dress code so all the shirtless, sweaty guidos can come, pack the crib with a 10:1 male/female ratio, and make the club look like Steriod U. on K,...or allow the 18 year old nylon pants, sneaker wearing scene in the door so they could pretend they are part of a cool underground scene that they have no clue about and walk around like e-tarded zombies because they clueless dope users.....

This would be great so then the Roxy could be like most of the played out NYC club scene, including Twilo and their overexposed and overrated DJ's.....what happened to Clubland NYC, with door policies that helped create unique parties and different vibes??....simple, E means less people drink alcohol, which means clubs make less money..therefore let everyone in..

hopefully the can bring back big fridays...hard to do, but with the right promo they can. there isnt really any club right now that has the people that roxy had, so im hoping for it.

ojeda is a great dj, hopefully he'll be spinning great from the get-go so word gets around that roxy is back. only time will tell i guess.

as for dress code or not....just keep it the way it was when roxy was at its prime...so i guess that means a dress code.

YOU MAKE A GOOD POINT ROB...WHO KNOWS IF WE'LL SEE A CROWD LIKE THAT AGAIN. HOWEVER, IV'E FOLLOWED OJEDA AROUND SINCE THE HEFFRON DAYS ON THE ISLAND AND ALWAYS ENJOYED HIS RESIDENCIES WHEREVER THEY WERE. ONE SIDE OF ME THINKS THERE IS "BIG" POTENTIAL WHILE THE OTHER HALF THINKS LIKE, LOOK WHAT HAS BEEN HAPPENING TO ALL THESE OTHER B.S. PARTIES. IT SEEMS LIKE TODAY A SOLID PARTY WITH A SOLID CROWD AND DJ HOLDING IT UP IS HARD TO RETAIN FOR LONG PERIODS OF TIME.

i'm flying home from south beach for the weekend, i hope this is true. ojeda is fabulous. you guys, look for the chic with two helium balloons tied to her pigtails, that'll be me. i'll be there oct 27th, see you then.....p.s. fran are you there, check your box, is this for real? cwm9.gif

i'm flying home from south beach for the weekend, i hope this is true. ojeda is fabulous. you guys, look for the chic with two helium balloons tied to her pigtails, that'll be me. i'll be there oct 27th, see you then.....p.s. fran are you there, check your box, is this for real? cwm9.gif

Originally posted by littled:

IS THIS FOR REAL? IM FLYING HOME FROM SOUTH FOR A WEEKEND. LOOK FOR A LITTLE GIRL WITH TWO HELIUM BALLOONS TIED TO HER PIGTAILS, THAT'LL BE ME! OCT 27TH I'LL BE THERE, SE YOU THEN. cwm12.gifcwm20.gifcwm30.gif

P.S. FRAN IS THIS FOR REAL? CHECK YOUR BOX TOO. LUV D.

Say again. I didn't catch you the first 4 times you posted.

Ahhhh the good old days when looking forward to Big Roxy Fridays got you through the work week. I hope it does come back with the same type of crowd as before. It definately was the best looking crowd I've seen out and everbody was cool as shit too. I'm all for the dress code. If you don't want to dress nice, there are other places to go. I'm also for keeping the amount of guys that are let in under control. You don't want a sausage factory in there (or at least I don't). Look, if you can't walk in with girls that you know, it was enough to find them and walk in with girls you didn't.

I can't wait cwm35.gif

I just hope people keep all their alphabets on the DL so the security doesn't get all crazy like they did before this party ended. Flashinglights in your face when you're reaching for cigarettes & shit.

As for the dress code, I don't really care for it, I feel it kills the diversity, but that's just my $.02

------------------

"In the underground integrity lies within, in the underground image doesn't mean a thing."

"To dream of the person you want to be is to waste the person you are."

I'm so there if it was like it used to be!! I just don't get all of the bashing that goes on on this board. I can have a good time in any one of these clubs dressed however. If every single club was the same with the same dress code, same dj, same door policy, whatever, who would want to go out anymore? It's all good!!!!

------------------

jumpdei.gif

Originally posted by roxy2000:

Starting Oct. 13 the Roxy is back a strict 21 and over door will be in place DJ Jason Ojeda will be playing every Fri. and the promotion is by Paul Drohan and Chris Rita. This is just what NY needs for the 21 and over more info is on the way. STAY TUNED!

should be phat!

also heard Mundy might be spinning with him at some point...

Also its Chris 'Reda' not Rita

cwm41.gif