Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Anyone take 5HTP?

ckayser

I take 5-htp... Its supposed to help the roll and the comedown. Ive done a little resurch and asked around and this is how I take it: One week prior to the night out I take 100mg at bed time, the day of I take 200mgs about 2 hrs before i eat my happy meal. Then, when its over i take 200mgs and that night another 200mgs. Then finally I take 100mgs of another 2 or 3 days. I feel fine after every roll and dont get in the Monday/Tuesday rut! You can get 5-HTP at GNC or any other typr health food store. Hoped that helped

thanks for reminding me - I just went and got some from GNC - $24.99 for a bottle of 60. It encourages production of seratonin which is what is released when you take your happy meal.. and apparently it's good for migraines, and for helping you sleep (as it also encourages production of melatonin). or something like that anyway. whatever, it works....

NO, taking 5-htp should not turn your pee green. I have been taking 200mg a day for a few months now. Some foods cause urine to have an odor or off color to it. Some veggies.

Also... a lot of people think that taking 5-htp the day of your roll with help. This is not true. If you are going to take it, you should take it starting the day after your roll for a couple weekes, or take it constantly. Taking it the day or two before your roll and taking them while you roll will not do you any good. It takes time for the saratonint to build up and a few hundred milligrams of 5-htp during your roll will not even give you enough saratonin to make a difference. I take 50 mg in the morning after noon and 100 mg at night. -SIN

Not to be gross, but was your pee cloudy? You may have a UTI.

nope.. clear.. just green.. could be what is in with the 5htp. who knows. maybe its just this brand as i have never taken a different brand. I was taking it like 8 weeks ago. Then I stopped for some reason. Started it again and got the same green pee. So it's not like it just started now.

[This message has been edited by lowmazda (edited 09-28-2000).]

whats this about the happy meals ? anywayz, try 200 mg before off the roll. might be in for a surprise !!

other essentials for ya health.. 1000mg vitamin C 50 mg vit BH6 , 500mg vitamin E and good ol ginka biloba surely keeps the mind and body at a good level of zen.

rollin on the river ! cwm35.gif

I've read it's best to take it right after you're down (before you go to bed). taking it before doesn't really help because your body has burnt it before you need it.

I don't e much but I've found the 5htp + sleep and I'm fine...no aches or anything. but the best recover seems to be spending the next day in bed alternating between sleep & sex, if you have that luxury.

and blue is fine, green is bad.

my 2 cents

FG

------------------

"I have only one burning desire...let me stand next to your Fire..."